OLD - Bugs, Errors or Problems pre 2.2 - Locked

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new thread for a new version with new bugs.  :wink:    Post them as you find them here.

Bugs Squashed - Patch Pending, possibly this weekend or Monday.  Not Savegame compatible.  Sorry!

1. Quest 5 and 6 of the Feron Quest behave strangely, can't be done, started or don't complete properly.  SQUASHED with 99% confidence.  A bug with a quest 4 trigger was the culprit.  I tested this and it seems to be working.

2. Melee battles place combatants in odd places or in one clump.  SQUASHED.  Entry points have been set properly.

3. Change Menu text so that the faction armory feature is less confusing.  SQUASHED.  Now the menu does not appear for non-Feron players.  In addition, the Feron armory page clearly states you unlock gear by doing Krug's quests.

4. Fix bookseller dialog, tavern mercenary dialog, and horse dealer dialog issues.  SQUASHED.  Dialog options changed in all cases.  Booksellers do not exist in Talera, as the artifacts would cause them to be ineffective.

5. Bandits and defenders do not spawn properly in many/all villages during bandit raids.  SQUASHED.  Manually set entry points for both in all villages.

6. Earthquake shakiness/Villages further then the camera follows.  SQUASHED.  Map size changed and terrain changed to accommodate it.

7. Sometimes the quest information in one of the Gilaes quests will not update properly.  A blank value is inserted instead.  SQUASHED, fixed so that string register is recorded immediately prior to the quest entry, so there is no opportunity for the value to be lost.

8. Flammenscwhert, which is misspelled, needs a fantasy based name.  SQUASHED.  Together with Elenmmare, I renamed it 'Elsgard's Bane'.

Bugs still Outstanding

1. Look for a loot related bug involving either the Planelord or Illoriaon dropped loot.  Needs research.  Still can't reproduce this error.

Bugs that may not/probably won't get fixed

7. Shield bug reported by Cookie.  Needs research, not sure anything was changed to cause this behavior.

8. Sword of Serathar - needs work, but probably will be pushed to a future release.  It deserves its own quest line and
that is not a goal of release 2. 

Please read the Frequently Asked Questions thread before posting here.  It may already contain info about your bug (or your issue may not be a bug...).  Thank you!

A few times when i was ambushed by bandits, they did not appear. I had to quit , reload a few times to get them back attacking me

Edit : this happens a lot in villages

I am guessing this is an issue of their spawn point either not existing or being placed incorrectly in the scene.  Can you provide the names of some locations where the bandits do appear and some where they don't so I can compare the two and look for the issue?  Ultimately, I'd then like a list of all the villages that have this issue.  I've not encountered the bandit raids enough to find them.  Thanks!

I cant believe there is still this problem on this new release. >.< this bug was in the previous versions of the mod. its the arena bug. i (player)/they(Npc) spawn outside the arena. and its really annoying. i would really appreciate if someone would, once and for all, fix that. the game is really nice anyway really nice job.

kajotuga said:
I cant believe there is still this problem on this new release. >.< this bug was in the previous versions of the mod. its the arena bug. i (player)/they(Npc) spawn outside the arena. and its really annoying. i would really appreciate if someone would, once and for all, fix that. the game is really nice anyway really nice job.

If referring to arena melee battles:
Please see the FAQ post where I answered this question....    Avoid the melee fights, the spawn points are wrong.  I did not have the time to fix them, so I recommend avoiding them altogether.  The actual problem is the spawn points needed don't exist in the scene, so they have to be added and hand placed.  Once done the battles would work fine.  I fixed one, but there are over a dozen towns to fix.

If you are referring to a tournament:
Please let me know which one.  These work as far as I know.

Glad you are still enjoying it and I apologize for the bug.  I found it late in development and realized it hadn't been fixed by anyone, but decided not to spend the time to fix it in favor of fixing other issues instead. 

I was referring the melee battles indeed.
and im the one apologizing for not reading the faq. you guys did a great job with this mod i give you a big discount, but i cant really enjoy the game 100% due to this little problem. arena melee battles are a good way of making some denars. but oh well, we cant have everything perfect can we?  :razz: thanks a lot anyway. really great job.

Randomly the main map will start to start to shake like the whole continent is experiencing and earthquake or something.

This is nausea inducing and I have never encountered the problem on any other customized maps.

It does not matter what zoom level I am on, the shaking seems to randomly start and finish.

Just started new character and joined Ferun Tribe, but can't access faction armory. Just offers the "Head back" button.

When started with necromancer char and chose nobleman banner at the creation the necro faction was at war with my at the beginning.

There are no items in the faction armory to begin with. The items that you have access to increase as you complete quests for Warchief Krug.

MCDodd said:
Randomly the main map will start to start to shake like the whole continent is experiencing and earthquake or something.

This is nausea inducing and I have never encountered the problem on any other customized maps.

It does not matter what zoom level I am on, the shaking seems to randomly start and finish.

This is due to the size of the game map and is a carryover from the first version.  We can fix this, but it will require resizing the map and basically moving all party positions (towns, shrines, villages, spawn points, etc) in that area, as well as potentially impacting some quests.  It typically occurs in the Urlinatar to Gerontaria area from what I've seen, so I haven't found it to be a huge deal.  I've never seen it in any other area of the map. I'll see what I can do to fix it though.  Thanks.

BinKenobi said:
Just started new character and joined Ferun Tribe, but can't access faction armory. Just offers the "Head back" button.

When started with necromancer char and chose nobleman banner at the creation the necro faction was at war with my at the beginning.

Khandrak answered your first quest, as does the FAQ, and as to question 2, the player starts at war with the Blighted Plague.  If you wish to join them, you will have to give them an incentive to let you in (bribe the Dread Sovereign for peace, then speak to him again to join them). 

EDIT: Looking at the shaking issue again, it appears that the issue is when resting in locations that have a first coordinate value of less then -50, the screen will shake.  I am going to work to move all parties in those areas down and to eliminate that section of the map.

The game seems to have glitched on me. I've been playing for a while, just got Death's Hand and accepted the next quest, and have just now started the Gileas quest chain. When day dawns, I disappear from the map no matter what I seem to be doing (raiding a town / wandering around) I don't seem to be able to do anything after this point.

Just recently I encountered a Trader in a tavern named "... the Odd", who had nothing to sell. After the question "Who are you anyway?" the dialogue stopped and I wasn't able to continue playing.

Khandrak said:
The game seems to have glitched on me. I've been playing for a while, just got Death's Hand and accepted the next quest, and have just now started the Gileas quest chain. When day dawns, I disappear from the map no matter what I seem to be doing (raiding a town / wandering around) I don't seem to be able to do anything after this point.

I don't understand why that would occur.  The two quest chains are not linked in anyway whatsoever.  :roll:

Does time continue to pass?  If you wait long enough, do you reappear?  It sounds like a rest_for_hours command is initiating or something and causing you to disappear and lose control, as if you were raiding a village for instance.

BinKenobi said:
Just recently I encountered a Trader in a tavern named "... the Odd", who had nothing to sell. After the question "Who are you anyway?" the dialogue stopped and I wasn't able to continue playing.

Ahh, thats a leftover piece of something I was testing.  I don't normally talk to the tavern traders because their books don't work properly due to the increased skill limits (some skills can reach 15 instead of 10) and the artifact bonuses.  I'll see about removing that.  I'm actually going to just make it a short conversation that closes the window.  For now, I would avoid talking to the tavern traders.

I've waited where I was for several days and nothing happened. I tried teleporting myself to Ferontar and resting there, and the after a few seconds of resting the game froze.

Edit: After further experimentation, I am now certain that it has something to do with daybreak. It always occurs right when the sun rises. I disappear, and can no longer move. I can do anything that I can do while stationary, however. So basically all that I can do is go into the camp menu and use the wait function. After a couple of days of waiting invisibly, the game crashes without fail.

To try to fix the problem, I have disbanded my entire party and discarded everything that I own. It didn't help. I don't really know what else to try.

The killer secret sword that shall not be named in a location that shall not be spoken of from the first version is now worse damage-wise than a basic bastard sword (nearest comparable item). Deliberate?

I know it was too easy to get if you already knew where to get it for such a crazy weapon, but it seems to have gone too far in the other direction. Unless there is some hidden benefit I'm not seeing perhaps?

I figured it out! The problem seems to actually be with the Feron quest, not the Gilean one. The one that sends you to kill longgaze or whatever his name is. Evidently I took too long to go and do it or something like that and it glitched on me. I teleported there and cheated his party to death just to test it, and whaddya know? After defeating his party, I rest and pass into the next day without disappearing.

Edit: Come to think of it, this is exactly the time that this happened to me before, pre-release. It was a few days after accepting this quest. Last time it was trying to notify me of something. Maybe it was trying to say that I failed the quest because I took too long, but you didn't code it properly?

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
If u put it that way, then kardio, is there a time limit on that quest?

No, there isn't a time limit on that quest.  When you start it, it calls a script that puts Longgaze on the map and removes his pretender version from the world. 

I'll take another look at it within the next few days, but so far can't explain why that would happen.  There is no "fail" setup to ever fire on that quest, he basically just sits there and waits for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom