-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm currently playing as a female conqueror that risen and then hit the ground... and I really mean hit low.

Every faction is at war with me, I got no Castles, Towns or small villages. Nothing. I was broke (less than 100g), had the worst horse in the game, bow and arrow, pitchfork, some low level clothes and no army. I've ravaged the entire land so every of the factions lords get indicted for treason every day and joins another and it looks almost like a rainbowmap now with all the scattered castles.

I've managed to loot farmers, slowly build myself up, gaining favor at villages that I'm at war with, build a small army, loot villages, sell the loot and I got about 7,5k gold for doing that in a months game time. Took me forever and was so frustrating that almost everytime I get some loot i get jumped by enemy lords and massive bands of deserters and raiders.

My goal is to get about 20K gold to enter a truce with one of the factions.
My question is... any tips for next step/how to get gold faster?

First you should make peace with anyone you are at war with. Approach a castle, hale the lord inside, and ask for peace. It will cost you some gold. The amount is less if he likes you.

Then get some adventurers or some young rogues and start farming whatever mobs you can find. I recommend letting them attack you. This way it won't change your relationship with them.

Stop looting villages. It's a small amount of money now but later you may need that village to be on your side.

You've got to build your skills and getting a few companions will help with that. Until then, kill stuff, take and sell the loot, build businesses, and equip yourself as best you can.

So you're basically saying that if any lord (not a king) likes me, he can make some sort of peace with me?

By the way, the 7,5k gold (not so small I think) I currently have was made by 2 loots of villages and I only touched far-away villages which potential factions troops I'm not interested in.

There were expenses such as troop upgrades that I had to take care of (possibly a total of 2k+) because the villagers always resisted and I needed high level troops to be able to kill them and yet at the same time have a smaller army to move faster than the enemy lords always hunting for me.

The villages I have raided so far are Ghisim, Kulum and Aldelen. I thought this tactic was a masterstroke plan, although it is quite time consuming.

So to redefine my previous question: are there any ways to get money faster than raiding villages, looting villagers, not setting enterprises, trading or everything that makes me walk slower so enemy lords will get me. Companions arent that wise to get back as they slow my party.

PS, I really appreciate your reply (really do), but I think you missed the point. EVERY faction is at war with me. They hunt for me and they hate me. I'm pretty much alone except my companions which slow me down even mounted on horses so I dont let them get back into party. I need a safe way (to get money) so I can get into a truce with any faction.

Did you ever own a castle as a Queen at one point or another in the game?  This is important since your road to peace is really not the same.

If you've never held a walled fief as a Queen you are considered a bandit by the faction.  To resolve that problem you need to increase your relations with the factions to 0 or above. 
To do that you can either do as UoB said.  You don't need good rep with the lord himself.  Otherwise you can help parties on the map in battles.  Caravans, villager, lords, doesn't mater, anytime you join a battle on their side you'll gain rep with the faction you help.

If you did own something you need to make a proper peace via diplomatic means.  You can try talking to kings to see if they'll accept peace, but I doubt they will accept until you regain a fief.  Then you'll need to start kicking factions around so they call uncle, or you send a high persuasion companion to convince them to make peace via your minister.  Basically other faction won't accept peace with a nobody that can't hold-on to a castle.

As for money making... fighting, selling loot, selling prisoners are all things that are very profitable when at war.  Read the money guide in the singleplayer manual thread if you haven't already.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't matter. 

Quite tiny movement is enough to initiate a blocking response.  Higher mouse sensitivity will just let you turn around faster, which might be helpful in a fight.  When used properly it may save you if you block on the wrong side (you turn until the wrong side becomes a proper one) and it can help you hit stronger, but strictly speaking it does not influence blocking mechanics directly.

Thank you.
Can you tell me what s the best way to learn and practise manual block?
I played autoblock for years and its very hard for me.
Shall i first right click or mouse movement? im a bit confused.

First mouse movement, then right click. 

Start without an opponent, just like with any other martial art.  Learn the moves, then start sparring.  Without an opponent find an imaginary spot on the wall, or something and try to focus your attention on it while practicing blocks and attacks.  It will "move about" as you move the camera, so you must learn to not lose focus because of this movement.

Then you can find a drunk in a tavern, save inside the tavern (F12) before the fight, and block his attacks for hours.  Start with slow combat speed, then ramp things up as you get better.  Combat AI also affects things.  They faint more at harder settings. 

Having a developed character definitely helps too, because at low weapon proficiency you are quite slow.  Just save-as and cheat your way up if you have to.  I ask my nephew if I need a cheat for testing, but google will know too. :wink:

The tutorial actually offers 3 opponents of varying degree of difficulty to practice sparing, so that's a good start.

To test ingame with higher proficiencies the simplest non-cheat code method is to export your character, open the file, pump your stats, save and import it.

Hi everyone. I'm very new to the game and there is obviously a lot to learn.
I have some questions about skill points. As you can see in the screenshots, not all of my skills are active. In this case, it's Leadership. But I've also had it with Prisoner Management and Inventory Management on other characters. Why is that? I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it is.

u2kJcGd.jpg

MkE9481.jpg

I appreciate your help!
I'm having immense fun with the game but it's so complex. I'll probably be around in this thread to ask more stupid questions in the coming weeks :smile:

nobigthing said:
Hi everyone. I'm very new to the game and there is obviously a lot to learn.
I have some questions about skill points. As you can see in the screenshots, not all of my skills are active. In this case, it's Leadership. But I've also had it with Prisoner Management and Inventory Management on other characters. Why is that? I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it is.

I appreciate your help!
I'm having immense fun with the game but it's so complex. I'll probably be around in this thread to ask more stupid questions in the coming weeks :smile:

Thats what this forum is for: to ask and discuss about M&B and all other things.
But into your question, You don't seem to have any points in leadership eather in inventory management or prisoner management. So if you want more inventory boxes, max. Partysize or prisoner places, then you have to spend your points into these following skill which I just mentioned.
Ps: Sorry if I took you wrong or there is a bug :smile:.

Greetings.

Odd question. How big of a download is original M&B? I need it to make a new campaign map but my internet is veeery slow. So what am I looking at here?

Cunobelin said:
Odd question. How big of a download is original M&B? I need it to make a new campaign map but my internet is veeery slow. So what am I looking at here?

The vanilla is 500 mb (megabits), warband 700 and fire and sword 700+, but if you are looking for some program what you can use to make map for any M&B then use this:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5646.0.html

Actually I did my own research and Vanilla is 380 Mg. And Knight, Thorgims only works for vanilla. You have to copy and paste the map into Warband.
I've been doing this for a couple of months now. I just spend next to no time on TW. I recently lost my copy of Vanilla but I'm quite good at making maps.
pitchfork2_3d.gif
This is just because I don't get on a lot.

Back
Top Bottom