Offical Vocals Sound Pack

Users who are viewing this thread

VOCAL SOUNDPACK 4.6 (A NEW MODULE AND NOT A SFX REPLACER)

module_sound.py and module_music.py is now included in the rar.THE MODULE_SOUND.PY/MODULE_MUSIC.PY WILL EXTRACT INTO YOUR MODULES DIRECTORY.

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=6&id=583

I've used python to code my own vocals mod. This is just the native game with extra vocals added for less repetition. These vocals may or may not be in next release.

Includes module_sound.py for your modding pleasure.
Includes module_music.py for your modding pleasure

-Compatible with version 0.894

-Fixed one of the sounds which would play loud regardless of distance. Turns out one of the sounds was in stereo.

-Added one custom music track for map and battle. Please post feedback as this is experimental. Track name = March of the Nords
(Please let me know if the bass is to much or if the track just plain sucks and mabey if your feeling generous let me know if you actually like the damn thing. Thanks. (To get rid of it just copy music.txt from the native folder in modules to the NativeV folder.)

I will continue to add/make and subtract sounds when I get back and I will begin working on all sorts of vocals when I get back.

Planned updates:

-As you know I'm constantly adding/replacing or fixing sounds until I am happy with the result. Please don't hesitate to post criticism/suggestions feedback. Thanks.
Enjoy and please post feedback/comments/crits etc thanks.

TO ADD THE SOUNDS TO YOUR OR SOMEONE ELSE'S MOD DO THE FOLLOWING. FIRST BACKUP THE DESTINATION MOD DIRECTORIES SOUND.TXT/MUSIC.TXT AND SOUND FOLDER/MUSIC FOLDER. AFTER THAT COPY PASTE THE SOUND.TXT.MUSIC.TXT FROM NATIVEV MODULES FOLDER INTO THE DESIRED MOD FOLDER WHERE YOU WANT THE SOUNDS TO BE PLAYED. THEN COPY PASTE THE SOUNDS FROM NATIVEV/SOUNDS OR MUSIC FOLDER INTO THE DESTINATION MOD'S SOUND FOLDER.

WARNING!: IF THE TARGETED MOD USES ANY SOUNDS OF ITS OWN, ESPECIALLY CUSTOM SOUNDS THAT ARE NOT IN NATIVE THEN THESE WILL BE OVERWRITTEN. TO CHECK IF THE MOD USES ANY OF ITS OWN SOUNDS THEN CHECK ITS SOUND FOLDER TO SEE IF THE MOD HAS ANY CUSTOM SOUNDS THAT NEED TO BE LINKED VIA THE SOUNDS.TXT FILE. IF NOT THEN YOU SHOULD BE OK AS THE MOD IS RELYING ON NATIVE SOUNDS.
EDIT: REMMEMBER TO CHECK THE README.TXT IN SOUND FOLDER IN ORDER TO ACTIVATE NON-NATIVE SOUND USAGE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This version is kind of a beta as Im experimenting a little bit with vocal pitch editing. Thanks.

VOCAL SOUNDPACK 4.7 BETA (A NEW MODULE AND NOT A SFX REPLACER)

module_sound.py and module_music.py is now included in the rar.THE MODULE_SOUND.PY/MODULE_MUSIC.PY WILL EXTRACT INTO YOUR MODULES DIRECTORY.

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=6&id=590

http://rapidshare.com/files/69839855/NV47.rar.html

I've used python to code my own vocals mod. This is just the native game with extra vocals added for less repetition. These vocals may or may not be in next release.

-Raised volume of many of the combat vocal sounds like the insults, grunts etc via compressor.

-Lowered all combat vocal sounds by (one octave?) in order to place vocals on more neutral mid range tone.
this is barely noticable probably but it seems to make a difference for me anyway (Let me know if you dissaprove. Thanks).
(Sound variation option in sound configuration works fairly well now btw as Armagan lowered the high pitch levels by 30% so no more chipmonk voices as far as I can tell.)

-- Added three custom music track for map and battle. Please post feedback as this is experimental.
Custom Track names so far =

- March of the Nords  combat/map
- Rage of the Vagiers  combat (Probably not a totally finished track and may still need work.)
- Calradian Steppes    combat/map (Will be map only later on)
- The Last Duel ( combat. Probably won't have this one in later vocal packs unless people want it there.)

(Please let me know if the bass is to much or if the track just plain sucks and mabey if your feeling generous let me know if you actually like the damn thing. Thanks. (To get rid of it just copy music.txt from the native folder in modules to the NativeV folder.)

I will continue to add/make and subtract sounds when I get back and I will begin working on all sorts of vocals when I get back.

Planned updates:

-As you know I'm constantly adding/replacing or fixing sounds until I am happy with the result. Please don't hesitate to post criticism/suggestions feedback. Thanks.

TO ADD THE SOUNDS TO YOUR OR SOMEONE ELSE'S MOD DO THE FOLLOWING. FIRST BACKUP THE DESTINATION MOD DIRECTORIES SOUND.TXT/MUSIC.TXT AND SOUND FOLDER/MUSIC FOLDER. AFTER THAT COPY PASTE THE SOUND.TXT.MUSIC.TXT FROM NATIVEV MODULES FOLDER INTO THE DESIRED MOD FOLDER WHERE YOU WANT THE SOUNDS TO BE PLAYED. THEN COPY PASTE THE SOUNDS FROM NATIVEV/SOUNDS OR MUSIC FOLDER INTO THE DESTINATION MOD'S SOUND FOLDER.

WARNING!: IF THE TARGETED MOD USES ANY SOUNDS OF ITS OWN, ESPECIALLY CUSTOM SOUNDS THAT ARE NOT IN NATIVE THEN THESE WILL BE OVERWRITTEN. TO CHECK IF THE MOD USES ANY OF ITS OWN SOUNDS THEN CHECK ITS SOUND FOLDER TO SEE IF THE MOD HAS ANY CUSTOM SOUNDS THAT NEED TO BE LINKED VIA THE SOUNDS.TXT FILE. IF NOT THEN YOU SHOULD BE OK AS THE MOD IS RELYING ON NATIVE SOUNDS.
EDIT: REMMEMBER TO CHECK THE README.TXT IN SOUND FOLDER IN ORDER TO ACTIVATE NON-NATIVE SOUND USAGE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOCAL SOUNDPACK 4.8 BETA (A NEW MODULE AND NOT A SFX REPLACER)

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=6&id=600

-Compatible with version 0.901

Planned updates:

Will check it out. I didn't keep up with the changes for a while, out of curiousity...are you packaging it this way becuase there are things in the .py or other folders that actually affect your sounds in a way that would be lost if you simply released the sound folder or is it because it needs to be released that way due to "official vocals sound pack"?

I am guessing there is a good chance someone asked this before...but I missed it. :smile:

Between 4.7 and 4.8 there are no changes except compatibility for M&B v0.901

I added the sound and music .py because Armagan asked for them and so that other mods can use the vocals from my vocals soundpack as currently my vocals soundpack is a mod that runs seperate from the native game. The reason for this is because I have coded additional vocals which are not in the native game.

rejenorst said:

I added the sound and music .py because Armagan asked for them and so that other mods can use the vocals from my vocals soundpack as currently my vocals soundpack is a mod that runs seperate from the native game. The reason for this is because I have coded additional vocals which are not in the native game.

Could you perhaps list all of the sounds, besides the 'man_hit' and 'man_die' series that you have edited?

NC

NCrawler said:
rejenorst said:

Could you perhaps list all of the sounds, besides the 'man_hit' and 'man_die' series that you have edited?

NC

All of them really.

However you won't notice alot of the changes apart from the hits and deaths from vanilla since Armagan often uses the sounds from my vocal packs in each release with exception of the more violent ones.

Basically since the first time vocals where present in M&B I have made tons of changes via the soundpacks; some very minor others very significant, changes include:

-all vocal sounds one octave lower
-All sounds including native sfx have been run through compressor filter for extra volume.
-eliminated alot of bad sounding combat vocals and replaced them
-added new sounds
-coded in additional sounds via python for variety (especially man hits and man dies)

But in essence all sounds have and are still being edited/worked on etc.
Im constantly trying to fine tune.

Heres a very quick changelog which Im just compiling via the information from the last few vocals packs on page one of this thread:

Vocals soundpack 4.8 changes:

-Compatible with version 0.901

Vocals soundpack 4.7 changes:

-Raised volume of many of the combat vocal sounds like the insults, grunts etc via compressor.

-Lowered all combat vocal sounds by (one octave?) in order to place vocals on more neutral mid range tone.
this is barely noticable probably but it seems to make a difference for me anyway (Let me know if you dissaprove. Thanks).
(Sound variation option in sound configuration works fairly well now btw as Armagan lowered the high pitch levels by 30% so no more chipmonk voices as far as I can tell.)

-- Added three custom music track for map and battle. Please post feedback as this is experimental.
Custom Track names so far:

- March of the Nords  combat/map
- Rage of the Vagiers  combat (Probably not a totally finished track and may still need work.)
- Calradian Steppes    combat/map (Will be map only later on)
- The Last Duel ( combat. Probably won't have this one in later vocal packs unless people want it there.)

Vocals soundpack 4.6 changes:

-Includes module_sound.py for your modding pleasure.
-Includes module_music.py for your modding pleasure

-Fixed one of the sounds which would play loud regardless of distance. Turns out one of the sounds was in stereo.
-Added one custom music track for map and battle. Please post feedback as this is experimental. Track name = March of the Nords

Vocals soundpack 4.5 changes:

-Added the few non-violent death sounds which Armagan chose for official release and added them to all the v4.0 death sounds for even more variation
-Used all the v4.0 sounds for now
-man_hit_1-4 deleted as these were from Warriders soundpack. They were not used in the module py but I forgot to remove them from the rar
-Please be aware there is one pain and hit sound (number 0 for both) which has no sound in it for silent kill variation.

Vocals soundpack 4.0 changes:

-Added more death sounds (Mostly screams)
-Added more hit sounds
-Have replaced/removed or edited sounds while testing (this is something I continue to do)
-Added 1 silent death + 1 silent hit sound
-Fixed some hit sounds not being played because they were coded into the wrong line.

Vocals soundpack 3.5 changes:

- Added New hit sounds so there is no longer 4-5 hit sounds but around 10 or so. Some of the Hit sounds might be replaced later on.
- Replaced some of the yell sounds, might add more but there's a fair few there already
- All sounds increased volume via a compressor effect including the native sfx. I didn't increase the volume of the insults though. I will probably do that in 4.0 unless you prefer their volume lower.

The sound pack Version 3.0 changes (doesnt really deserve a 3.0 as its mostly finetuning but anywho  Cool ) :

-Changed the shortyell's back to version 2.0 as they blended much better and didn't annoy me as much.
-Replaced a few death sounds particulalry death 40 and 21 with newer ones as the older didnt blend to well.
-Included a short txt file with details etc (forgot to add how to install for new people, will add with next version.)

The sound pack Version 2.5 changes:

-Some new ugh sounds which are more desperate sounding  (replaces some old ones) *Im not even sure these are coded ingame yet. I dont hear em while playing*
-Some new less screamy death sounds which replace some of the ones i thought were crap
-New River Pirate Party vocals (A mixture of french/spanish accent, I quite like these, dunno about u Razz )
-New Pesant Party Vocals (Kinda WIP but better than the current set)
-Edited Bandit/Vagier Vocals (Just little pitch edits to make it blend better.)
-One new Victory sound (Replaces yes with a deeper sounding one.)
-New yell sounds that replace the glory and to battle screams with non worded screams (I felt the insults are enough)

*EDIT: Also added mixed/added/changed the insults a bit.. im still not happy with them and was going to wait until tommorrow with the release to redo some but meh..WIP

The sound pack Version 2.0 changes:

-New grunt sounds (replaces old)
-New deaths to replace some of the ones i thought were crap
-New Sea Raider Party vocals
-Some new Victory sounds (also replaced Hurrah with Victory!)

The sound pack Version 1.5 changes:

-New Victory screams (still work in progress)
-New Vageir party vocals
-Some new hit sounds to try and minimize repetition. (Still work in progress)
-Includes all the sounds from 1.0 except for those that are overwritten by 1.5 (Backup your sound dir incase you dont like some of the new uns.)

The sound pack Version 1.0 changes:

-New Death sounds (the current ones in MB are hard to distinguish from pain sounds)
-New pain sounds (the current ones are very annoying after a while so i made new ones)
-New Warcries (some are good but some Ive replaced them)
-New Grunts (Some new weapon swings)
-New Taunts (Redid the taunts, got rid of you will pay and damn you)

-Eventually I'll redo the faction party voices but that will be after im done with the battle sounds
-Eventually there will be some new victory sounds to replace the bad ones.

Thanks Rejenorst.

Why didn't you include your first track in the music..isn't it "burn them down" Thats the best one IMO.

This vocals soundpack is experimental as I lowered the battle vocals pitch by two octaves... basically all the units will sound like their testicles have dropped below their knees so let me know if this blends better or if you prefer the original voice pitch. Thankyou.

VOCAL SOUNDPACK 4.9 BETA (A NEW MODULE AND NOT A SFX REPLACER)

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=6&id=621

-Compatible with version 0.903

-All vocal battle sounds lowered by 2 octaves to make all the units sound like they have a deep voice. Please let me know if you guys prefer the old pitch and I'll replace the sounds with the previous ones. Apart from that there are no other changes.

Planned updates:

rejenorst said:
Please let me know if the current pitch setting for vocals in 4.9 are preferable to the previous or if you prefer to have it changed back. Thanks.
Well, it's absolutely seamless for me, but then, I haven't had any version of it loaded since .808 because .89x and .90x don't work on my laptop, and I've only just got home from uni. :smile: Seems fine to me.

This version no longer adds/overwrites any sfx only the voice files such as man_deaths/hits/yells/ughs etc
Feel free to add you own sfx to the mod and feel free to use the voice files within this mod for your own.

VOCAL SOUNDPACK 5.0 BETA (THIS IS A MOD AND NOT A SFX REPLACER)

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=790

module_sound.py and module_music.py is not included in the rar. I will add these as a seperate download later or send them to anyone that requests them. 

Adds death screams to the old muffled back of the throat arr death sounds.

Different selection of screams made by Rejenorst.

All voices edited in pitch to sound less high pitched.

Added several music tracks... Have not checked whether all of them work in game as of yet but will release a newer vocals pack soon anyway.

Planned updates:

I need feedback on this one guys as Ive just added new content. LET ME KNOW IF SOMETHING DOESNT SOUND RIGHT!! PLEASE BEWARE STILL IN BETA STAGES AND SOME SOUNDS ARE NOT FINALIZED IN EDITING.

VOCAL SOUNDPACK 6.0 BETA (THIS IS A MOD AND NOT A SFX REPLACER)

http://rapidshare.com/files/127803364/NV6.rar.html

module_sound.py and module_music.py is not included in the rar. I will add these as a seperate download later or send them to anyone that requests them. 

Just a note that sounds not fully edited yet, will finalize editing in v6.5!!! Please give feedback if you feel something is off and for a change if something is positive :razz:

-Newly recorded death, yell and insult screams

-Added siege of swadia track

-Added new female hit sounds (More coming just waiting for my source to record additional stuff.

Planned updates:

Zendarian said:
Hi rejenorst,
Is this mod compatible with the Cries of War soundpack?
Thanks,
Zendarian.

Im not 100% sure, all my mod does is add music and extra vocal sounds/voice acting sounds which are coded in. So long as the cries of war soundpack only replaces some of the vanilla sfx sounds you should be fine. If it however replaces voices which I don't think it does or has extra sounds coded in requiring the use of a sounds.txt/music.txt it won't be 100% compatible. 

:sad: Sorry dude then its not really compatible. You can take the best sounds either my mod or cries of war pack has and add the sounds manually bu some will most likley be missing from either pack doing that as some sounds which have been coded in will not play.

EDIT:
Have had a quick look at the Warcries thread. You should be able to add his sounds to the module sounds dir and hope for the best. :smile:

Really do need some feedback on wether everything is sounding ok in the mod thus far as well. I get over a few hundred downloads but never much feedback on the mod itself. Please let me know if there are any concerns or positives. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom