Offical Vocals Sound Pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok I played a few battles the other day with 100 units on the battlefield and it ran albeit not as smoothly as I would like, it did run :smile:

Sounds rather interesting on huge battles. The only thing I dislike with large battles soundwise is:

-hit sounds (obviously needs more variation as has been mentioned)
                        -Weapon swing sounds and armour hit sounds (needs way more variation) not my dept but still :razz:

I believe its quiet possible to get all the units to yell warcries after a charge command. I think the option should be optional if it is implemented.

Im going to ask Armagan and see what he thinks of the idea.

rejenorst said:
Im only doing vocals at this point. I might mention it to Armagan, also I would like few new armour hit sounds.

What we need is unlimited possibilities for sounds, so you can change the sound when certain objects hit each other. For example: when itm_Sword hits itm_mail you can play any sound file you want. When itm_spear blocks itm_sword, it's going to a play a different file for when a sword is blocking a sword.

Thanks, Rejenorst...I think the chargin' warcry would add to the combat...it would almost require the default start to be changed to a 'follow me' or 'hold' state, which would be  a good thing in my opinion as that seems like what most experienced players do anyway so that they have time to scout out the battlefield before their units run off and jump into some gorge or river :smile:

Just letting everyone know Im gonna be pretty busy over the next few months/weeks with full time work plus gotta fix some PC issues.

This means that vocal packs will be a little slower to come forth. The next one will be some time after the next M&B release.

OK since I heard the first vocal pack I've been ignoring all sound packs but I downloaded it out of interest and this is what the first should have been like. There are a few not so good which I can change myself but on the whole this is a great improvement.

Glad you liked it, not easy to get things right the first go. One of the main reasons for the soundpacks being released in versions was so that all of you could have your say in what you like/dislike and give some input and influence the direction I was taking with sounds.

Anyway hope this has helped. Thanks

Ok...this may be the wrong place to post this, but I am trying to change the sound files without downloading independent editing software.  The sound file read me says

You can place your sounds in this folder
and make the game read them by putting:

scan_module_sounds = 1

directive in module_info.txt

Can anyone elaborate?

Yeah, the wrong place, but anyway...

Just as it says, open the module_info.txt file in the module folder and change the line which reads "scan_module_sounds = 0" to "scan_module_sounds = 1".
Then, M&B will check first in the module's Sounds folder before checking in the root default Sounds folder. So you can change the sound files used by adding one of the same filename as one of the root ones into the module's Sounds folder. You can also add new sound files for use by a module you are working on.

dagorkan said:
OK since I heard the first vocal pack I've been ignoring all sound packs but I downloaded it out of interest and this is what the first should have been like. There are a few not so good which I can change myself but on the whole this is a great improvement.

Btw if you can point out the ones you don't like and mabey some of the ones you do like then let me know cause in future if I make more/alter any I will use this topic for reference.

Hey, rejenorst! Downloading the latest pack now, don't know why I didn't do it before.  :razz:

Heh, you should replace the download link in the first page with this one:

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=6&id=176

I had to spend some time searching for the file.  :wink:

I think the voices are better.
Some of the victory cries might be a bit overdone (almost hysterical) for my liking, but that could be just me.  :wink:
I do like the new hit and dying sounds better, good job.

One thing:

It's very good! I really like it! Nice job. It's much, much improved on the original vocals. Thanks for doing this for us.

Hello Hello

I havn't tested this soundpack yet but I will as soon as I get back home. It looks of good quality if I read the posts. I also saw some people talk about the weapon sounds well I'm working on a soundpack the will change/add a lot of weapon sounds and if everything goes well I could try to expand the sounds even further if the modulesystem of the new version let's me to. This will be the first pack ill ever release for a game (and since this game is so good I love to do an effort for it).
Well ill give this pack a try and gues ill be back after the new release.

Gratz. Eisenhouwer

I love the accents nice voices!

I get an error when i try to download it.

But it does sound intersting. I don't feel i waste time. How many sounds is there?

2 mega bytes don't "sound" like much.

I think it should work as most of the sounds seemed not to be renamed.

Just back up ur sound directory before you unrar it into 808 sound dir.

I cant really check at the moment as im overseas but yeah let me know if it works. thanks

Back
Top Bottom