Desert Thunda said:
djogloc02 said:
Desert Thunda said:
djogloc02 said:
Desert Thunda said:
djogloc02 said:
Connzcdf said:
djogloc02 said:
About the singleplayer version idea(please have patience) : Are you sure you will do this mod only for multiplayer??
Just to put my view on it, I think there is no need. Single player of this would be for most people; Commander Battles.

So what happens if people stop entering the server's mod??

This Mod is too epic to be left behind for a single player version......Just like mount and musket or North and South

This mod is epic for me too, there are other epic mod called WWII in China [WTF] an died...

But with all these epic features such as gas, attachable bayonets, Machine Guns etc, this mod SHALL NOT DIE!

Oh yea, I forgot these features, this mod wil don't die  my Lord Vader  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Together we shall conquer Europe as father and peasant!

We just need money to built the Death Tank !!!

( Death Star in WWI =Death Tank  :lol: :lol:)

url

Soon, very soon my master plan will be executed!

???????????? Illuminatis??  :mrgreen:
Thats 2 big pyramids you have there  :lol:

pod455 said:
djogloc02 said:
Desert Thunda said:
Othurin said:
djogloc02 said:
Desert Thunda said:
djogloc02 said:
Desert Thunda said:
djogloc02 said:
Desert Thunda said:
djogloc02 said:
Connzcdf said:
djogloc02 said:
About the singleplayer version idea(please have patience) : Are you sure you will do this mod only for multiplayer??
Just to put my view on it, I think there is no need. Single player of this would be for most people; Commander Battles.

This Mod is too epic to be left behind for a single player version......Just like mount and musket or North and South

This mod is epic for me too, there are other epic mod called WWII in China [WTF] an died...

But with all these epic features such as gas, attachable bayonets, Machine Guns etc, this mod SHALL NOT DIE!

Oh yea, I forgot these features, this mod wil don't die  my Lord Vader  :grin: :grin: :grin:

url

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, now I know, one pyramid is the big ammount of quotes, and other is in the image... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

djogloc02 said:
pod455 said:
djogloc02 said:
Desert Thunda said:
Othurin said:
djogloc02 said:
Desert Thunda said:
djogloc02 said:
Desert Thunda said:
djogloc02 said:
Desert Thunda said:
djogloc02 said:
Connzcdf said:
djogloc02 said:

url

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, now I know, one pyramid is the big ammount of quotes, and other is in the image... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for stating that, I would've missed it. But really, please stop with the off topic. All the spamming makes it harder to find useful comments and questions.

Just focus on the main thread, or else the Master(s) who is/are creating this Masterpiece won't see suggestions, reservations ( :mrgreen:), or praises.  :grin:

yep, I got a question,
How are you going to do the reload and the Bolt-action animation? From what i know it is very hard if not impossible to do that with the warband engine?

Question: Are you gonna make different units for one faction, like Napoleonic Wars? Or every soldier can pick his own gear, like Warband?

If every faction has different units, could you please update which ones there will most likely be?

Nevrmind, saw it on the first page: ''new classes, weapons etc.''  :oops:

GoblinOverlord said:
Well, the guys from North&South made the revolver reload animation, so it IS possible, i guess.....  :wink:
What i mean is the different animations for reloading and cycling the bolt

Harry_ said:
lord_olafson said:
Well, while standing, but not while moving? Atleast not accurately. ?

you realise that pretty much all the machineguns in the war use the exact same round as their equivalent rifles, right? And being heavier by about 2x theyd have less "felt" recoil per shot.

Theyre heavier so theyre harder to shoulder, and in the chauchat's case firing from the hip could allow the weapon to slide back and forth, cancelling some of the recoil and potentially causing FTF, but theres no reason you can't fire them while on the move. None at all. It's only the weight which makes them awkward to shoulder. The gun itself is still going to be just as accurate, and seeing as its an MG you could "walk" the rounds into the target if your first few shots were off mark.

They're not going to be as accurate as a careful, shouldered rifle shot but there's nothing stopping you from walking around shooting an MG from a lowered position, and nothing really stopping you from landing hits accurately once you get a feel for where it's pointing.

For every shot fired there is a small chance of the gun jamming. The chance varies between guns. Currently there is no war to fix gun jams. Prone seems like something incredibly hard to do so we'll have to see if Azrooh is able and willing to do it.

Reason i bring up prone is i was going to say after prone travel it would make sense to have a higher chance of guns jamming. (this would also serve as a measure to detract people from "creeping" light machineguns right up into enemy spawn areas) Maybe the same for shells landing nearby. Most stoppages in the chauchat were caused by dirt in the action. Others were deformed magazines (probably from reckless clambering around and banging them together in your webbing) and inapporpriate ammunition in the americans' case. You would also sometimes get a bad round or two which wouldn't cycle the action. The fix for that would be as simple as recocking the thing.

But i dunno. Without prone i dont think it's gunna feel much like ww1.

also whats with dudes spamming nonsense?

Thats interesting. Thanks for your explanation. :smile:

Joxy said:
Really pumped for this, can't wait to have some battles with a regiment!
It will be a very interesting change of pace and scenery from regular NW and even N&S.

Azrooh has his work cut out for him if he can include all the different features we've suggested.  :smile:

Jeez (some of you) guys, cut it with the spam already... nearly 4 pages of mindless drivel since update 9... :neutral:

Everything from the update looks fantastic as always though! :grin:

i cant wait for the infantry tactical adaptations. there's nothing like going over the top :wink:

dhm1759.jpg

note the subliminal message with the officer's swagger stick  :razz:

i dont think massed charges will really happen in this because the same things which demanded their occurance IRL isnt in play...

Although there'll be people who attempt it purely for fancy and not cause it's actually effective

With a dense enough advance and well coordinated infantry placement in no mans land I'd have to say I disagree. Using the cover available on the field would be key, as well as heavily shelling the enemy before the advance. And their significance is upheld by the need for a hasty breaking of the enemy in locations that demand quantity over quality troops I suppose.

Hell, Ill charge my boys to the gates of Berlin in a day on the hum of the pipes alone :lol:

I hate how historically focused games such as the various warband mods and dlc's are diverged from their potential perfection due to a sacrifice of accuracy for playability. I hate it but I due understand it as well I suppose  :cry:

I'll probably be hosting a "trench battle" on the 9th Connecticut server for this mod eventually, focused on realism primarily, we'll just have to wait and see how it goes then.

Harry_ said:
i dont think massed charges will really happen in this because the same things which demanded their occurance IRL isnt in play...

Although there'll be people who attempt it purely for fancy and not cause it's actually effective

And not arguementavly of course, but I'd  be interested in hearing your reasons an infantry unit would not commence a mass charge in this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom