Nordous' Sceners Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

stephan_dinavoa said:
Hi sceners

I just finished my last scene, and I wanted to share with you its preview. It was the last one out of 33 made specifically for Calrade castles & fortresses Pack II, which I will upload next week.

Your pack looks epic dinavoa, and this feudal manor is a wonder of the world !

Some update of my 13th century castle:

cgnxsr85tv63.jpg

qdietct22oqe.jpg

vrk4ygiow3s.jpg

ro237cvbecw.jpg

9qi8uo8xtcwo.jpg

Apart from the siege bug which needs fixing it is finished.

bpopa27 said:
thick1988 said:
Couldn't find the info in the "comprehensive guide to scene editing" on the Exilian page or through a search so I'll ask here.

When you have a battle in a village, what Entry Point number is used for the enemy's start position?
Villages;
0 + 1(with horse) - Player
3 + 4 - Enemies/bandits
11 - Village Elder
32 - 39 - Village Walkers
45 - Nervous Man (Fugitive from Lord quest)

Hey guys, which entry point spawns the bandits, and which one spawns the player and the villagers, when attacking a village infested by bandits?

Cozur said:
jacobhinds said:
Haven't you just answered your own question there?
Not really, as I don't know which one is for bandits, and which one is for villagers.
A quick search through the files appears to show that entry point 3 is used for bandits.
Code:
(set_visitors, 0, ":bandit_troop", "$qst_eliminate_bandits_infesting_village_num_bandits"),
Code:
(3,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,0,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),

Hey there everyone,

My brother and I are looking for an experienced map editor to join a project we're starting. We'll be building off of the PW source originally, but I may end up scrapping that altogether and starting from Native as a base.

What we're looking to do hasn't been done before in Warband to my knowledge, and will require a fair amount of scene work done. However because it hasn't been done before, it could well be an excellent feather to add to the cap of a budding map editor. My brother will be overseeing most of the mapping under my direction, but provided you are comfortable with following a rough brief for each scene then you should have a good deal of creative freedom.

The scenes themselves will be set around the time of the Viking invasions of Britain, and will be as large as the Warband engine can support. There will be a variety of different regions to represent, including many areas of Britain and Scandinavia and several wilderness regions of the same.

Any interested developers should send me a PM including links to their previous work, as well as a small paragraph about themselves and their mapping experience. If any of your maps are currently available for viewing on a live server (Native, PW, or another mod) then some info on the server name and mod would also be beneficial, so I can have a look at it in more detail.

Cheers,

Blob

Blobmania said:
Hey there everyone,

My brother and I are looking for an experienced map editor to join a project we're starting. We'll be building off of the PW source originally, but I may end up scrapping that altogether and starting from Native as a base.

What we're looking to do hasn't been done before in Warband to my knowledge, and will require a fair amount of scene work done. However because it hasn't been done before, it could well be an excellent feather to add to the cap of a budding map editor. My brother will be overseeing most of the mapping under my direction, but provided you are comfortable with following a rough brief for each scene then you should have a good deal of creative freedom.

The scenes themselves will be set around the time of the Viking invasions of Britain, and will be as large as the Warband engine can support. There will be a variety of different regions to represent, including many areas of Britain and Scandinavia and several wilderness regions of the same.

Any interested developers should send me a PM including links to their previous work, as well as a small paragraph about themselves and their mapping experience. If any of your maps are currently available for viewing on a live server (Native, PW, or another mod) then some info on the server name and mod would also be beneficial, so I can have a look at it in more detail.

Cheers,

Blob

Hmmm...

Well the 8th to 11th century isn't really the time for castles besides some wooden mottes and of course the round scandinavian castles.
(Adorno has made some OSP motte scenes. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,115163.0.html)
For inspiration you could take a look at Brytenwalda. The old roman forts featured in Brytenwalda might be completely decayed in the timeframe you are looking for though.

PS: Does anybody know why, when copypasting a scene to another the ground doesn't fit to the scene? It seems like the information for the groundheight isn't saved in the scene itself. Is there a way to get arround this?

By the time the Normans conquer Britain (year 1066) and introduce the motte & bailey castle
the Viking raids have mostly ended.
The Saxons generally preferred to settle by rivers and not inhabit the many hillforts that were used for centuries by the native population.
In southern England the so-called Burhs were built as defence against Viking attacks (Alfred the Great initiated this).
Many were reused old Roman forts by the shore or rivers, and seem to have been effective.
So the fortifications of the Anglo-Saxons were either these old Roman forts or fortified towns with wooden palisade defences, further improved with earth mounds and ditches.

Life_Erikson said:
PS: Does anybody know why, when copypasting a scene to another the ground doesn't fit to the scene? It seems like the information for the groundheight isn't saved in the scene itself. Is there a way to get arround this?
The terrain code is saved in a different file.
You need to find the scene in parties.txt. It has a number, like town 1.
Find the number in the scenes.txt file. At the end is the terrain code, usually beginning with 0x...
Copy the terrain code and paste it exactly over the new scene's terrain code.

The mod will be set more around the early 800's, just as the viking raids were starting. Danelaw hasn't been established yet, so it'll be mainly native Saxon constructions in Britain (with the odd old hill-fort and roman outpost). We'll be going more for aesthetics and gameplay than historical accuracy.

Edit: Also decided to scrap the PW code and start from the ground up. I'll be working on assets as the sceners need them for the most part, for those interested.

Okay, then it's too early for burhs/shore forts.
And also too early for the big invasions (great heathen army) and no land has actually been conquered.
Viking activity consists of sporadic raids up until the 860's.
If you include Ireland then they also haven't conquered parts of Ireland yet, incl. Dublin.
But raids took place around 820 and onward. And around 840 Dublin is conquered after several raids.

For those of you who might be interested in new "fortification" scenes, I just uploaded a new pack of castles & fortresses.

The download link is: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5913/?

Cheers

stephan_dinavoa said:
For those of you who might be interested in new "fortification" scenes, I just uploaded a new pack of castles & fortresses.

The download link is: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5913/?

Cheers
Nice ,new ones

The stream going down the hill is unseen. It is very good to see this new use of scening.

By the way, I often see on screenshots written in green on the top left corner "rendering reflections." What is the purpose of leaving this display on?

Back
Top Bottom