No sound in the game at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

It looks like the game tries to load the audio files, and then doesnt report back that it is loaded, and tries to load again.
Until it is out of memory, and gives that error.

Tried running the .exe in windows XP compatibility? Or run as administrator.

The real problem might be Windows 7 itself. Windows have the problem to mess some programs after each release. M&B is not the only one (if in fact that is the problem). For example, you cannot run any Prince of Persia games beyond Sands of Time in Vista. They just will not run. You can help with this making a multi boot machine with another windows or with Linux. There is a way to run M&B on Linux, however, I don't know if it runs smooth enough, I tried it and it ran slowly, but you might have a better experience. BTW, I used Ubuntu 8 (Christian Linux).

I have a newly installed win7, that means I download the very latest drivers for everything I use (soundcard, directX, etc...). I am running administrator account and also tried to run M&B in the XP compatibility mode. Nothing helps.
Wierd thing is, that sound is missing in just 90% of tries, not in all of them.

Just keep trying untill it works, I'm affraid that is the only way to go for now.

Also:
Barf said:
There has been plenty of people already running m&b on windows 7, mostly people running the beta and rc.
The only common bug that occurs is the sound sometimes doesn't kick in when you start the game, this occurs more common when ran from a shortcut.
Do you use a shortcut?

I too am running Win7 x64 and was experiencing intermittent sound issues, i.e. no sound in the game.  A possible fix may be to run the game as "Administrator".  The UAC in Win7 may not be granting the appropriate permissions to run or read the audio configuration (just a guess), hence the intermittent sound.  Just right click on the M&B exe and click "Run as Administrator".  That's what fixed this issue for me.

Note:  You will also have to re-activate with your key when you do this.

Well my problem disappeared when I stopped using shorcut to start exe. I start the game from the windows start and always have sound now. Thanks for solving this, mate.

My apologies for thread necromancy, but I'm experiencing sound problems as well. I get no sound what so ever, and the strange thing is that if I have Windows Media Player open when I start the game, as soon as the Launcher starts all sound from Windows Media Player is gone as well, and as soon as I exit the launcher, the sound from WMP comes back.

I made sure that I have sound enabled from the launcher options, I have the ogg codecs, and I'm starting the game w/o shortcuts. The log file does not have any errors associated with sound either.

The strange thing is that I have had Mount and Blade for a long time now, and everything worked fine several months ago. Yet, upon returning to this game with no major sound card upgrades (perhaps a driver upgrade), I'm having this difficulty. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Try rolling back the sound driver :razz: Alternatively, try setting the hardware acceleration to zero. You can do it from dxdiag in XP, Vista I think it's buried somewhere in the sound options.

sorry for being a grave digger but i also have a very similiar problem.

except i'm running from steam? anyway i can do the same with steam?

Well why didn't you try first?

You still have access to the files.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191660

Well try searching before coming back with an answer.

Back
Top Bottom