Need More Info Game crashing when entering town scene, with possible solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2.7
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Sadly there is not much we can do to GPU related crashes. But reverting GPU drivers seems to be working.
shouldn't you guys have more info on the exact issue that's causing this problem than us, players, and presumably AMD/Nvidia too?

Can't you like message them with the technical details that you've collected so that they could update their drivers or whatever?

Turned OFF Subsurface scattering FIXED MINE! No Crashes!!!!
Happy Bannerren!

Edit Update:
And power set to balance in control panel

Last edited:
Turned OFF Subsurface scattering FIXED MINE! No Crashes!!!!
Happy Bannerren!
Alas, for me (5700 xt, ryzen 3600) that didn't fix the crash when entering the town of Charas. Or, more apppropriately, instead of crashing on loading screen, the game did load into the town, but then crashed a split second later. So it seems the setting does do something, but not enough to end all wars crashes

I have the same problem. Game (without any mods) crashes when I entering the town of Charas or when i start the battle for this town. Also it happens in few other cities and castles. Game crashes on loading screen. If i turn off "Subsurface scattering" parameter, crash happens next second after after loading.
Only thing that could help - downgrading AMD GPU driver to version 23.5.2. But it's not perfect solution, since Bannerlord is not the only game I play, and some of new games requires fresh drivers. Latest driver version (24.1.1) didn't solve the problem.
As far, as I can see, it's the old problem. How can it be there is no solution till this day? :xf-frown:

My Specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 32GB
Storage: SSD

bro, another year has passed, I reinstalled the game, full vanilla (with the latest drivers from amd) they didn't solve anything, that's how all games are nowadays, if it's broken, don't fix it, for GOD SAKE.

bro, another year has passed, I reinstalled the game, full vanilla (with the latest drivers from amd) they didn't solve anything, that's how all games are nowadays, if it's broken, don't fix it, for GOD SAKE.

I feel for you Bro, I've been there in the past with my 1080. I needed to spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and upgrade my GPU to solve ? by-pass my problems, I understand many cannot do that.

I wonder if you could borrow a GPU with more memory to see if that solves your issue ?

Back
Top Bottom