New things in .950

Users who are viewing this thread

I built a prison in my castle, one of the two choices under the castle management button.  Unfortunately I cannot hold captured Lords in my prison for one reason or another.  Is anyone else getting that problem?

Archonsod said:
Yes, you can now get your men up on top of the battlements, and of course the sieges are multi-part.

Problem is, the castles are somewhat better designed for actually withstanding a siege these days.

Don't think it needs improvement tbh, sieges should be virtually impossible

I found a problem when defending a castle with my 60 men against 1000 Swadians that I only get 5-6 guys with me when the battle starts, no point in mentioning we got overrun instantly once siege tower was in place and I become prisoners with rest of my men didn't got a chance to fight.

So the sieges should be even more difficult, historically it took very few people to hold and defended a castle even against very large army.

Maybe we should have sneakier ways of taking a castle, then. For example, when you lay siege to the castle, you might be able to offer money so that someone in the castle would open a secondary entrance.

phbbbt107 said:
Maybe we should have sneakier ways of taking a castle, then. For example, when you lay siege to the castle, you might be able to offer money so that someone in the castle would open a secondary entrance.
That could actually be pretty neat, if some traitor would open the gates for a sum that say decreases as the castle is under siege for a longer time (being prohibitively high at first). You could probably even fiddle lords and making honour ratings mean something in there too.

Merentha said:
You do realize that would mean you'd never, ever be able to take a castle, right?

As phbbbt107 said there should be other ways to capture a castle, direct assault should always be last resort since it should be costliest method - I shouldn't be able to storm fully garrisoned castle even with my Level 38 character which can hack all defenders in two or three attempts. :oops:

As it is know it way to simple to conquer a castle and almost impossible to hold it since you can expect entire enemy army to attempt to retake it, medieval warfare was all about long sieges:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege#Greco-Roman_and_medieval_siege_warfare
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_the_Sogdian_Rock

So we could have capture owner of the castle and using him to enter and launch surprise attack, choosing to scale the wall without any armor eliminate guards and open the gate, bribing defenders etc.

Also size of the garrison should have impact on Castle stores, so large garrison should have food for few days only but can easily repulse any attack while small garrison can last for months but could be worn down after few assaults.

I just SAW AN ELECTION of a new general or something like that. I was with Khergits, and suddenly this thing just popped to the screen out of nowhere, Sanjar Khan was electin a new General or or .. something other name, can't remember what it was.. There was 2 candidates, and everyone voted, including me. And after the election was over our huge war party of about 10 lords split, others stayed with Khan and other followed the guy who won the vote. Really, really interesting  :mrgreen:

EDIT: Yeah, Marshall! That was the title. :smile:

The king decided he needs a new marshal, and I'm not on the list ...  :evil:

marshalpsd.jpg

That means having a good favour with other Lords is important after all.

too bad, I'm more then 90 days into game, fracked my relations with all of the factions (Not to mention I have Sanjar Khan and King Harlaus in chains :razz:).

Ivan Bajlo said:
Merentha said:
You do realize that would mean you'd never, ever be able to take a castle, right?
As phbbbt107 said there should be other ways to capture a castle, direct assault should always be last resort since it should be costliest method - I shouldn't be able to storm fully garrisoned castle even with my Level 38 character which can hack all defenders in two or three attempts. :oops:
I'll never understand the forum.  They beg for castle assaults and storming the walls, get them, and then turn around and say that they want storming to be so difficult as to be entirely impossible.  :???:

Next you cry-babies will be wanting to hide in a wooden horse and be pulled into the castle for a nighttime attack!

;ppp

Atla said:
Next you cry-babies will be wanting to hide in a wooden horse and be pulled into the castle for a nighttime attack!

;ppp
Perhaps if the next release included a giant wooden badger...

Merentha said:
I'll never understand the forum.  They beg for castle assaults and storming the walls, get them, and then turn around and say that they want storming to be so difficult as to be entirely impossible.  :???:

Not impossible - realistic - right now it is impossible to defended the castle against very big force despite having more then enough troops to make assault at lest very bloody instead attacker suffers less casualties then defender who is trying to stop enemy masses with groups of 5-6 soldiers!? Only way to hold it is if you get siege tower bug and they all fall from it.  :sad:

We could have tactics skill to have impact if you can launch surprise attack before defense is organized but well supplied and alerted garrison should be able to repulse most assaults with ease.

Atla said:

;ppp

Yeeees!  :mrgreen:

Maecon said:
You CAN be a bandit king in this game. The game tells you that other lords frown will frown upon you since you have no allegiance to no one.

So, what do you need to do in order to do that, exactly?

Is there any way to add our own heraldry into the game and select it somehow? The heraldry for my new 0.950 character is the ugliest looking green/black combo I've ever seen. :p

Great work on 0.950 though it's running nicely.

Cheers

AlphaDelta said:
Is there any way to add our own heraldry into the game and select it somehow? The heraldry for my new 0.950 character is the ugliest looking green/black combo I've ever seen. :p

Great work on 0.950 though it's running nicely.

Cheers

Ye. Get enough renown and you'll be able to select your own banner.

jeroen said:
OR A Big Wooden RABBIT!!  (monty python and the holy grail  :twisted:)
I dunno what's worse: that he doesn't have the movie memorized, or that I expect him to have the movie memorized.

Oy. /facepalm

Back
Top Bottom