Nations Cup 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble is that they may be competitively unsound maps and without extensive playing on them that can't be deduced. Using your football example, it's like asking them to play on a muddy girls with weird dimensions; perhaps the best team to adapt will win but the overall quality of the game decreases as the pitch becomes unplayable.

but i like muddy girls :grin:

If the maps are that terrible for MP games then im sure they would have taken that into account if they are running the NC?
I'm a big fan of change in competitions. if its the same teams with the same maps and the same tactics each time then it gets dull.

I suppose the bigger question is what defines a competitively unsound map because clearly there are differing opinions

_Osiris_ said:
just like the football world cup is supposed to be the pinnacle and yet CL blows it out of the water :grin: 

But the World Cup is still the tournament, which is being watched by most of the people afaik

If NC is a test of pure skill team work and commitment from each country then why not add some new maps once in a while ^^ surely adapting is as important a skill as learning the map so much you can draw it on a piece of paper? If not ignore me ^^ If some of the maps are a bit odd like nord town then throw up the unexpected and surly the better team will prevail?

I totally agree with you on this. Adding new maps from time to time is a good thing, but they need to be tested first. As far as I know neither of those two maps has been played in any competitive 8vs8 tournament nor have they been thoroughly tested.
I would suggest for both maps to be tested in some smaller tournament such as the Warband Weekend Cup.

Sir Icorda said:
Imo swiss people should be able to join either German, French and Italian team, depending on the language they speak?
That is in my opinion the fairest way to do it, although it does not really matter about Switzerland as there are about 5 at max active Swiss players in competitive Warband.
Last year French-speaking players from Belgium such as Caius and Kellerman were allowed to play for France, while the Dutch-speaking such as LeRoux played for BeNeLux.

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

_Osiris_ said:
If the maps are that terrible for MP games then im sure they would have taken that into account if they are running the NC?
I'm a big fan of change in competitions. if its the same teams with the same maps and the same tactics each time then it gets dull.

+Varsung+ said:
I totally agree with you on this. Adding new maps from time to time is a good thing, but they need to be tested first. As far as I know neither of those two maps has been played in any competitive 8vs8 tournament nor have they been thoroughly tested.I would suggest for both maps to be tested in some smaller tournament such as the Warband Weekend Cup.

well if they are totally untested then sure use them before the nations cup and see how they work :grin:

I wont be in the NC or really watch it so my opinion doesn't really matter too much but im bored so  :wink:

+Varsung+ said:
nor have they been thoroughly tested.
What makes you think that?

I`m sorry, but I meant tested for competitive play.
I know all maps that are in rotation of IG_Battlegrounds are tested for public play, and that therefore these maps should both be free of glitches.

As I haven`t seen these maps being played in any tournament that has a thread in this part of the forums, I assume they haven`t been tested for competitive play.
If that is not the case, please correct me.

FiSk31 said:
Developing tactics for the new maps was always fun  :razz:
And it always took some time. I think it is harder to test new maps for the NC teams, because unlike in classical teams or clans, you have (usually) different players than you're used to play with, so it may take some time to get used to each other, coordinate and to develop tactics for maps you may not know.

I don't know about Sphere's map since that has been around a while now but mine (Goldrush) is only just being put on Battlegrounds and as far as I know hasn't been played in any scrims yet. I designed it for competitive play but it will need at least a few weeks of public testing to iron out any obvious problems and a few training matches to get a grip on it and determine how fun it is to play on and if there are any major balance changes needed.

If that can be done before the NC starts then I would be delighted to see it used, but I would not recommend using it otherwise.

_Osiris_ said:
England(or uk but no one cares about scots and welsh  :lol: ) got this! At least the team will do better than the world cup team <3

I will kill you

250px-Braveheart.jpg

OurGloriousLeader said:
_Osiris_ said:
England(or uk but no one cares about scots and welsh  :lol: ) got this! At least the team will do better than the world cup team <3

I will kill you

250px-Braveheart.jpg

hey you guys are the ones voting on if you want to leave us :grin: we love our mentally challenged lil brothers in the north (I joke ofc ^^)

I thought the previous year would be the last Warband NC and this upcoming one would be first Bannerlords NC :grin: , It is sad that a lot of good old rosters are inactive now, including Ukraine\Russia\France old players.

+Varsung+ said:
Sir Icorda said:
Imo swiss people should be able to join either German, French and Italian team, depending on the language they speak?
That is in my opinion the fairest way to do it, although it does not really matter about Switzerland as there are about 5 at max active Swiss players in competitive Warband.
Last year French-speaking players from Belgium such as Caius and Kellerman were allowed to play for France, while the Dutch-speaking such as LeRoux played for BeNeLux.

Either that, or small nations can sum up together and do another team, like if i'm not wrong Switzerland and Austria did already. Belgium though, already has a team, which is BeNeLux, so I don't think it's fair to split 'em up.

Sir Icorda said:
Either that, or small nations can sum up together and do another team, like if i'm not wrong Switzerland and Austria did already. Belgium though, already has a team, which is BeNeLux, so I don't think it's fair to split 'em up.

Not true.
French and German-speaking Belgian peeps did not join the BeNe team.

Swordyke said:
Sir Icorda said:

Not true.
French and German-speaking Belgian peeps did not join the BeNe team.

I didn't say the didn't join BeNeLux team, I said that IMO they shouldn't be allowed to play in other teams.

Sir Icorda said:
I didn't say the didn't join BeNeLux team, I said that IMO they shouldn't be allowed to play in other teams.
So they should play in English (which some can't even speak at all [properly])?

PS: There was no BeNeLux-team... Only a BeFr and BeNe-team. Though the BeFr was simply referred to as France...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom