Nations Cup 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlackTide said:
Jony.D. said:
Just wanted to ask about the same thing...
Also I think the option for the duels if a draw is something what shouldn't be in any leagues or tournaments, like NC, only in the duel ones...It is not a win of a team.

Agreed.

It also raises issues over the legitimacy of one win over the other; if one team wins a match by winning a duel and another through a tie-breaker map then they've won in different ways under different rule sets. The same tiebreaker method should be used across all matches to retain consistency in the rule-set.

Aye, that is exactly what I meant, just didn't find all the right words.
Also what means ''maps can be tested''? Shouldn't they've been already tested? I think that's a logical thing if you want to put them into the maps list. Testing before adding, not the other way...?

Unicorn said:
usa will not participate until a rule is added requiring the national anthem be played before every match between every team. thanx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh3PMvpnCpE

wooo lust 2014

images

wpuldnt want a good a team lets just votwe for lust cuz lust

Jony.D. said:
Also what means ''maps can be tested''? Shouldn't they've been already tested? I think that's a logical thing if you want to put them into the maps list. Testing before adding, not the other way...?
Can be tested as in you can go and test them yourself you don't trust our judgement. Both of these maps have been tested and on Battlegrounds. Breziliad has been on BG for a while now.

Assuming Austria and Switzerland won`t be able to form Teams on their own, players from these countries are able to join in the German team, aren`t they?

Folms said:
Can be tested as in you can go and test them yourself you don't trust our judgement. Both of these maps have been tested and on Battlegrounds. Breziliad has been on BG for a while now.

Just because maps have been successfully running on a public server, does not mean that they are suitable for competitive play.
In my opinion it would be better to rely on maps that are known to be suitable for competitive play, instead of bringing in new maps that are completely unknown to players that don`t regularly play on said server.

+Varsung+ said:
Assuming Austria and Switzerland won`t be able to form Teams on their own, players from these countries are able to join in the German team, aren`t they?

Imo swiss people should be able to join either German, French and Italian team, depending on the language they speak?

I agree with Varsung, the platform for experimenting with maps is in the standard tournaments, the NC is supposed to be the pinnacle of refined playing and that requires tried and tested maps. I also don't see why Nord Town has been removed, it's a perfectly good map and thoroughly enjoyable.

BlackTide said:
I agree with Varsung, the platform for experimenting with maps is in the standard tournaments, the NC is supposed to be the pinnacle of refined playing and that requires tried and tested maps. I also don't see why Nord Town has been removed, it's a perfectly good map and thoroughly enjoyable.

Even though I would love for Blacktide to "ga weg", I must agree with him on these points.

Sir Icorda said:
+Varsung+ said:
Imo swiss people should be able to join either German, French and Italian team, depending on the language they speak?

Same for Belgium --> French, Dutch or German

BlackTide said:
the NC is supposed to be the pinnacle of refined playing and that requires tried and tested maps.

Yes. Only use maps known to be good for competitive play that have been used in tournaments before and are known to be good. pls.

BlackTide said:

In nord town is a lot about luck cuz you can't fight for map control in that map. Not at all. Aggressive play only works in this map if both teams are aggressive. = nord town is bad.

BlackTide said:

just like the football world cup is supposed to be the pinnacle and yet CL blows it out of the water :grin:

If NC is a test of pure skill team work and commitment from each country then why not add some new maps once in a while ^^ surely adapting is as important a skill as learning the map so much you can draw it on a piece of paper? If not ignore me ^^ If some of the maps are a bit odd like nord town then throw up the unexpected and surly the better team will prevail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom