name server issues. pw_4.5's name server hates custom slots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Fleshgod

Banned
I am recoding everything from scratch to work with the name server, which is not easy.

My problem is, whenever i set custom slots in mission templates on player join, the name server will give limited permissions.

I tried moving my slots above the admin name server slots in module constants, which i thought worked, yet again as soon as i use any slots not native to pw the name server breaks.

been at it all day trying to trouble shoot, it just seems like pw 4.5 does not like you using custom slots, which are required in my mind for what i am doing, i might be able to do a workaround with global variables instead of custom slots, but it is not fool proof or practical. 

I'm going to take a break and have dinner, than think of a workaround using global variables or some other way to temporarily make some bools.

i just can't think of any other efficient way of storing player id specific information, other than use slots.  :sad:

looks like my only option is to hack the name server's response, but vornne's code is hard to read.  It uses php in a more advanced less straight forward way, but if i can change the response to where it just returns an event int, the player's id, and admin code, hmmm.  It's just it is coded in a way to me, where it makes response codes extremely random. 

Disregard, I managed to hack at the checkplayer file, forcing it to give an event trigger vs it's random who knows how many strings ints, depends on what i feel like response. 

Sorry to spam, editing the nameserver code broke account creation, it was best to rethink my approach in order to not break compatibility with the name server, let me explain how i did it.

I used vornne's return_code instead of my event variable, used my event numbers "numbers which are not used by the name server". 

The name server is coded in a way where it recieves everything and tries to make use of it, to keep it from getting confused and trying use my custom returns as name server responses i simple edited the name server in url response to ignore my return codes, so (neq, ":return_code" 1337), and so on.  Add it to all nameserver checks to ensure your nameserver will not have incompatible data being sent to it. 

hope this helps others who were having issues with breaking the name server.

Back
Top Bottom