My Views

Users who are viewing this thread

Cltcam

Recruit
It's rather annoying that people keep complaining about RDM. This game mode is literally TDM on a grand scale. For example, what is the objective of the Indians? To kill whites? There is nothing for them to do. Though there are bears to hunt, they barely move when attacked. The other issues come from the lack of RP. This can't really be avoided. It's just many people are not educated on the time period. Also, why is this mod called Persistent Frontier when it's not persistent at all? It's a giant TDM; kill everyone who isn't armed. What a ridiculous rule. The time period called for weapons 24/7. There is no reason what-so-ever to kill someone because they have a pistol. In addition, money is reset every restart, and there is no banking system. How can this be called "persistent." This mod is great so far, but there are lots of issues with the way servers are being run. The administrators are fine, but like I said earlier, some rules are ridiculous. Kill everyone on sight except the unarmed. That's so silly! Really makes me frustrated. Mod has potential. Release server files and let servers run the game mode as they please. This would eventually lead to the perfect mix of game mode elements and server-side rules. Also, I read a rather rude reply to a suggestion about the map. The suggestion was to remove some of the heavily wooded areas and add some open plains. I completely agree with this. There needs to be some variation and different sectors to the map. One of the good things that PW had was variation on the maps. Yes, most PW maps were to small, but the map Trojan was running before it's demise was great. Absolutely beauty of a map. One example of a cool map modification would be having a tent camp for one of the colonial factions. The camp should be on a plain, and the surroundings should consist of chopped down trees and stumps that are left from chopped trees. A bit of a ways in front of the camp would be the forest. Things like this example/idea would add great variation to the mod and make it much more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom