Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn this thing.... COMON TALEWORLDS we need more info, blogs, dev diaries, GAMEPLAY VIDEOS!!!!

WHO THE HELL IS YOUR MARKETING TEAM, you are actually losing money by doing this. ITS BEEN MORE THAN 2 YEARS

Because now only people who have played MB know of this, and actually even most of those dont know it.

PARADOX announced Hearts of Iron IV and the next day they started doing videos, dev diaries, etc etc. Do what your old boss does!

Hype is at the minimum.

DO YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY TALEWORLDS??!1 If you want it, do what i said.

AND remeber that unlike MB 1 and Warband, Bannerlord HAS COMPETITION of games released with the same setting and gameplay. (like that new Life is Feudal).

There is absolutely no excuse for the lack of news, Taleworlds is much bigger than it was when MB was released.

Lumos, it's still Friday this second that I'm posting this in Merica'. Besides, Taleworlds probably have semi functioning gameplay for a trailer now, since its been nearly 2 years since the original announcement (assuming they weren't already working on it before the announcment...)

I agree seeing the ****ty pre alpha stuff isn't that encouraging *cough cough* W40K Eternal Crusade that went to (pax?) with 2 months of code under there belt,
But TW could be doing a much better job at this point. Detailing features would be nice. Hearing them actually detail the siege mechanics or diplomacy, rather then give vague information like "Yeah we're improving them". An example would be if they talked about how  may be walls are now destructible, or siege equipment can be destroyed, or how the city can be sacked during and after the battle that causes (...)

My current hype level ;  :roll:

ı think  trailer is coming soon  :mrgreen: ı think taledev's like trolling  :evil:
665apl.gif

Wulfburk said:
Damn this thing.... COMON TALEWORLDS we need more info, blogs, dev diaries, GAMEPLAY VIDEOS!!!!

WHO THE HELL IS YOUR MARKETING TEAM, you are actually losing money by doing this. ITS BEEN MORE THAN 2 YEARS

Because now only people who have played MB know of this, and actually even most of those dont know it.

PARADOX announced Hearts of Iron IV and the next day they started doing videos, dev diaries, etc etc. Do what your old boss does!

Hype is at the minimum.

AND remeber that unlike MB 1 and Warband, Bannerlord HAS COMPETITION of games released with the same setting and gameplay. (like that new Life is Feudal).

There is absolutely no excuse for the lack of news, Taleworlds is much bigger than it was when MB was released.

It won't lose them money, giving people something to read/look at every week or so doesn't make them more likely to buy the game, and as long as there is plenty of publicity in the few months before release plenty of people will know about it. If anything, people would get less excited, knowing they will see more stuff every week. The release of the game has less novelty appeal because players feel they have already been given access to it, and know a lot of the features. Taleworlds don't need to attract a strong fan base eagerly waiting for the game, they already have it.

Life is Feudal is not competition for Bannerlord, it is not the same genre. It is based in a similar time frame, but it is an MMO, where the principle part of the game is building and crafting. If Bannerlord has competitors then they are War of the Roses/Vikings and Chivalry, neither of which are as popular as Warband.

I'm very excited about Bannerlord, and I think if Taleworlds are comfortable about their level of publicity then there is nothing to worry about.

Well, for me M&B was always about sitting in the saddle of that little, shiny-armour dude from any given Total War game and for that I can't see much competition. Info in the meantime or not, hype will punch through the ceiling when they will be about to release it and I doubt many people will keep whining about lack of devblogs then.

The last time everyone thought there was going to be a big reveal, I was quite certain in the opposite. In the end, there actually was a big reveal that day.
Now, I'm still very certain there won't be a big reveal. Let's see who's right this time.

LittleLegionaire said:
Lumos, it's still Friday this second that I'm posting this in Merica'.
Oh, shut up. Time zones aren't allowed. :lol:

If anyone remember last year they released infos at 17:00 or 18:00 in my time so we have to wait 6 hours aproximatelly.
While we are waiting feel free to download my mod

DanAngleland said:
Wulfburk said:

Hype is at the minimum.

It won't lose them money, giving people something to read/look at every week or so doesn't make them more likely to buy the game, and as long as there is plenty of publicity in the few months before release plenty of people will know about it. If anything, people would get less excited, knowing they will see more stuff every week. The release of the game has less novelty appeal because players feel they have already been given access to it, and know a lot of the features. Taleworlds don't need to attract a strong fan base eagerly waiting for the game, they already have it.

Life is Feudal is not competition for Bannerlord, it is not the same genre. It is based in a similar time frame, but it is an MMO, where the principle part of the game is building and crafting. If Bannerlord has competitors then they are War of the Roses/Vikings and Chivalry, neither of which are as popular as Warband.

I'm very excited about Bannerlord, and I think if Taleworlds are comfortable about their level of publicity then there is nothing to worry about.

I think they have been doing a OK job marketing Bonerlord, but  it all depends on how near the release they are. If it's a month until release (Which doesn't seem to be likely) I'd say they are rather bad at marketing :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom