Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frosty said:
Zombie Escape. That is all.
Also, everyone has the same weapons and aren't raped by people with 50 weapon modifications on one gun.
Ah, that thing where humans camp in secluded parts of the map while zombies try to get them? No thanks, I don't like camping.
And if weapon attachments are so powerful, why don't you put 50 of them too? :smile:
I agree that everyone has the same weapons though. It's either the AK-47, the M4A1, the Desert Eagle or the overpowered Accuracy International sniper rifle. Yeah, great game.

dia151 said:
if you read thread title carefully, you'll notice theres no counter strike in it
And it's quite fortunate!

</spam>

ok i've been reading the comments and i can't understand you guys

''if it's not java coded im not buying it''
''i would be disapointed if it were c// scripted because im anti microsoft''

why the hell are you guys so butthurt about this? if the game is good, buy it that ends there.

Lumos said:
Ah, that thing where humans camp in secluded parts of the map while zombies try to get them? No thanks, I don't like camping.

No, that is zombie mod, zombie escape is completely different :smile:

Anyway enough, back to Mount & Blade discussion.

I'm hoping for a campaign that functions. M&B gets a bit tedious and grindy when you're at the point you can start taking down kingdoms, because esssentially you're going to have to do it yourself. It would take less time if the campaign AI wasn't utterly silly(two modes: attack/RUN AWAY) and could concentrate a bit.

Also:

tialexandre said:

why the hell are you guys so butthurt about this? if the game is good, buy it that ends there.

I've a puzzle for you to solve. I'ts a word, meaning the real gist of those posts. It begins with a K. It ends with a idding

EDIT #2: Jesus, 5 posts when I'm trying to post this.

tialexandre said:

I've a puzzle for you to solve. I'ts a word, meaning the real gist of those posts. It begins with a K. It ends with a idding

gawd what is it... crap i really have to get that sarcasm detector working

tialexandre said:
Oh Lard, I just have the image of a rather socially inept person, fussing around a boiler room, tapping the glass of various emotion regulation instruments, and fooling around with knobs/valves.

For single-player, I think the main source of boredom is the lack of ingenuity from the AI. They rarely come and say, "Oh, hey, didn't see you there, I just stole three castles from you in a few days. Who says I can't be on the attack?"

As suggested before, Bots need to also be good at fighting.
As in, they need to have some piece of code that orders them to have better attack/block patterns as they increase in level.
This would obviously be moddable, for mod's sake.
For example, one might have it set so that AI troops increase in the percent of attacks they block by 2 percent per level.
Soa unit which is 5 levels higher than another will block 10% better. OR even base it on proficiency.

Nice painting Merlkir!

FrisianDude said:
Kamikazuh said:
It's never too early for fanart.    ...Right? D:

So uh.. I saw the trailer and this happened. I'm pretty hyped.
bannerlord_by_kamikazuh-d5g90ht.jpg

I hope it's ok to use the logo there! Let me know if it isn't.
Very well done. One question though; why the woosh effect on the lower half? :eek:

To cover rough bits, and I was experimenting with the effect. Thought that it might strengthen the focal point a bit. :razz: Thanks!

Rallix said:
tialexandre said:
Oh Lard, I just have the image of a rather socially inept person, fussing around a boiler room, tapping the glass of various emotion regulation instruments, and fooling around with knobs/valves.

For single-player, I think the main source of boredom is the lack of ingenuity from the AI. They rarely come and say, "Oh, hey, didn't see you there, I just stole three castles from you in a few days. Who says I can't be on the attack?"

As suggested before, Bots need to also be good at fighting.
As in, they need to have some piece of code that orders them to have better attack/block patterns as they increase in level.
This would obviously be moddable, for mod's sake.
For example, one might have it set so that AI troops increase in the percent of attacks they block by 2 percent per level.
Soa unit which is 5 levels higher than another will block 10% better. OR even base it on proficiency.
it think that's already in the game...

Lumos said:
Everyone has their opinions. Counter-Strike is the worst piece of crap ever created - that's mine. :smile:
I like Half-Life, though.

I also think that WotR had some interesting things in store, although I never got around their Beta's bugs (no XP saving at times, other stuff) and overall Call-of-Duty-ness. The most awesome thing in WotR was ladder climbing, which, along with the non-drowning-riverbottom-walking, is about the only thing I dislike in M&B. (I do enjoy the fact that you can climb 85° slopes without giving too much of a **** though.)
Interestingly, unlike all most people here, I do enjoy a good grind in MP games. Gives me a purpose. However, I don't want any more people spewing curses and anathemas as they did in the previous thread, so I'll restrain myself from speaking any more.

C#? Unlikely, I think. Java? I don't know, but I don't think it'll be that. Another old/insane language? I doubt it.
MABL2? I kinda think that it'll be just that. And the way it was described makes me think of the Elder Scrolls Creation Kits (Construction Sets?) or whatever they were called. Not that I've ever used one.
For grinders is cRPG. I just dont want grind in Native. That CS style I though no grinding. "Here you got 1000 denars and show your skill."

tialexandre said:
Rallix said:
it think that's already in the game...
What.
If it is, I'm going to be full-on mad that nobody has implemented it.
And considering that nobody(except maybe Ndition's) has, I wonder about that.

If you translate the italian lines at the bottom of the interview you'll see that interview made with Singil. I didn't have much opportunity to talk with Nikephoros, just directing him to the Singil.

Also we hope that the game will be ****ing good.  :mrgreen:

The new programming language we are using is definitely Brain****.

so;
There has been no official press release, you know, but the word is out there. But once we are ready to show something to you guys, we’ll get back on track, receiving millions and millions of tons of feedback and comments. We are going to get back on track.

That 'something' was a name and a concept character?

Ragnor said:
If you translate the italian lines at the bottom of the interview you'll see that interview made with Singil. I didn't have much opportunity to talk with Nikephoros, just directing him to the Singil.

Also we hope that the game will be ****ing good.  :mrgreen:

The new programming language we are using is definitely Brain****.

INFORMATION! SCREENSHOTS! GAMEPLAY VIDEOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom