Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 6 - Astounding Squirms

Users who are viewing this thread

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;" lang="en-GB">Players of Mount&Blade, idle passers and intrigued discoverers, Happy Friday to all. This little blog is about our progress making the game Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord. It doesn't cover everything we do but it tells you a little bit here and there which some may find of interest. “Never make a 6th album”, say the cynics. “Stop after the successful 5th!” - hogwash, we'll continue this blog until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east... or maybe just while we're working on Bannerlord.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/7

*****slaproof-vest said:
you are the only ***** here sugarlips. and a pretty masochistic one by judging of how fastly you answer to everything, meaning you crawl all day in a dead forum, and how you always come back to me asking for more. hastalavista homo (sapien).
watch out, we have a badass here :neutral:

*****slaproof-vest said:
you are the only ***** here sugarlips. and a pretty masochistic one by judging of how fastly you answer to everything, meaning you crawl all day in a dead forum, and how you always come back to me asking for more. hastalavista homo (sapien).

Don't cut yourself on that edge dude.  :lol:

Dusk Voyager said:
You know it's bad when GvH is a voice of reason.

Sushiman said:
*****slaproof-vest said:

Don't cut yourself on that edge dude.  :lol:

gotta give you kids a credit for creativity...

This is pretty much how we spend the time waiting.

There is always someone who feels entitled to everything and wants the game to be released one day after it's announced.

We just laugh and point.

That guy who was banned is totally right. The amount of content released on this game is awful. The game trailer was released almost 2 years ago, and yet the only thing we see of the game is a short vlog every three months. People who actually care about this game are losing interest fast.
And none of that "Oh, but they are working really hard so they dont have time" because that is a load of rubbish. They are just not bothered with fan interaction, or game hype

MerlinTheHappyPig said:
They are just not bothered with game hype.

How's that a bad thing? Warband is already pretty high up on the steam rankings with virtually no advertising. Aside from shutting up a few people on a forum, from a cold business standpoint taleworlds would have no interest in showing anything else on this part of the internet. I mean nobody on this site hasn't heard of bannerlord.
If you want more info, learn turkish and PM the devs.

MerlinTheHappyPig said:
They are just not bothered with fan interaction, or game hype
Both of which don't assure a good game. Nor do they assure that we would buy said game if it turns out to be Warband repackaged with pretty graphics. What was released 2 years ago was an announcement trailer. An announcement going "Hey look at us, we're working on the sequel now." Nothing more.

MerlinTheHappyPig said:
People who actually care about this game are losing interest fast.
If you mean the people who have been sticking around since the original, I don't think so. We had drawn the comparison somewhere back in the thread of how much time a 50 man dev team would need to make a ****ty AAA level game. It was significantly longer than two years. Also you don't represent anyone, so **** off.

MerlinTheHappyPig said:
That guy who was banned is totally right. The amount of content released on this game is awful. The game trailer was released almost 2 years ago, and yet the only thing we see of the game is a short vlog every three months. People who actually care about this game are losing interest fast.
And none of that "Oh, but they are working really hard so they dont have time" because that is a load of rubbish. They are just not bothered with fan interaction, or game hype

I dunno about that. I still care. It's only been 2 years of development anyway.

MerlinTheHappyPig said:
The amount of content released on this game is awful.

That's pretty true. Doesn't mean you get to be a whiny ***** about it though. Especially not with the classic internet tough guy "come at me" bro attitude. It's the internet. At worst, it's gonna be a sissy slapfight and "slaps" are still just words.

But I kinda agree. I don't have a lot of grip on what to imagine regarding the upcoming game and what I've seen yet hasn't been super impressive imo.

I still check the forum every day but this is getting too long... Not much to find out here and I don't mean the release date... So I'm playing "1755 the old frontier" by the good old Gabrilduro when I can. It's awesome... Try it !!!

What I really don't understand from TaleWorlds is this goddam empty CONTENT page on the website. What, would it cost them a leg to tell the players what features they are PLANNING (even if it's not definitive I don't care)? Is that so difficult to write a short paragraph explaining how many factions they are planning, a couple new features (I mean gameplay ones, not just facial animations) and other stuff. These things they know for sure, and they sure have time to write 20 lines blog stuff (it takes 15mins come on!) and yet they don't bother to give an overview, well that's lame...

They might be planning a huge announcement of new features with a video trailer or something. There are too much indie projects that promising too much with just 20 lines of text. People don't give attention to these ****. It's really hard to make yourself heard in the game industry, If you don't have one of that expensive advertisors that fools people with exaggerated trailers which large companies have. I think they are on a satisfying trailer at the moment. Also I don't think they can't make an contract with an advertising company because It's expensive and companies in Turkey can't make game trailers because there is only a few game development companies in Turkey and advertisers are really inexperienced with how to sell games. So they may have done a contract with foreign companies which can handle this type of advertising, or maybe they are doing this themselves which I believe so. So satisfying community is really hard, and they have too much new features to announce I think.

minnakodunum said:
They might be planning a huge announcement of new features with a video trailer or something. There are too much indie projects that promising too much with just 20 lines of text. People don't give attention to these ****. It's really hard to make yourself heard in the game industry, If you don't have one of that expensive advertisors that fools people with exaggerated trailers which large companies have. I think they are on a satisfying trailer at the moment. Also I don't think they can make an contract with an advertising company because It's expensive and companies in Turkey can't make game trailers because there is only a few game development companies in Turkey and advertisers are really inexperienced with how to sell games. So they may done a contract with foreign companies which can handle this type of advertising, or maybe they are doing this themselves which I believe so. So satisfying community is really hard, and they have too much new features to announce I think.

Well I'll speak for me as the others I'm sure. I'm not asking 'advertising' like big companies, just at least keep their blog thingy at the page and that they don't be so game-features miserly. It costs 15m a month or even a week and a damn keyboard to do so, we are not talking about million dollars advertising, but just that they keep updating the website because at the end of the day, that's all about us buying a game. Or not.

Back
Top Bottom