Mount&Blade Cover - Frodogorn

Users who are viewing this thread

Swadius said:
Darian said:
Sir Saladin said:
That is a shame. This game is unique but people who don't know about it will look at the cover and think it is just another goofy goblin bashing hobbit game. "Oh not this again, we go searching for treasure blah, blah, blah."
Unfortunately, I foresee an onslaught of "how i get spelz?!" and "is this liek olbivion???" threads once the game hits retail...

I don't see how this is such a bad thing. All those threads you've described have always had very funny endings.

I petition for temporary Mutehammers to more people once v1.0 hits stores.
"whr 2 gt sp-" *mute*
"whr iz ara-" *mute*
"omg whr r d rohirr-" *mute*
"1st pst liek w00-" *mute*

What about the back cover, surely it's not too late for that?

Well, considering that certain games are such hits they get collector's editions, maybe M&B could get a few new overly priced boxes with Ganbat's art on the cover?

Edit: Additions, Editions. Never heard the teacher bring those up when we were discussing homophones.

Swadius said:
Well, considering that certain games are such hits they get collector's additions, maybe M&B could get a few new overly priced boxes with Ganbat's art on the cover?

I'd buy.

What the hell. The original thread seems to have disappeared, along with all traces of this image at the CGS.

Did Paradox object to it being posted, or did the artist finally notice the buggered left eye and pull it himself? I've never, in all my years of trawling the CGS, seen an entry disappear like this.

Now there really is no Frodogorn.  :shock:

So Frodogorn fled the scene? Maybe he noticed his eyes were trying to stare in different directions at the same time and took some quality time to adjust.

Or maybe that artist finally read what Redcoat and the others said and took it off the site.

I would hope that at the very least the artist has taken time to fix the eye, it really is a horrible mistake and drags down the quality of the whole image.

It could of course also be that Paradox asked him to pull it, or any number of other things.

Bloid said:
armagan said:
...I don't think it really misrepresents the game.

But one can't wear cloaks and coats in-game, as others have said before.

But you can make grossly disfigured characters with hair that neither gets wet nor moves with the wind. So it evens out. :razz:

I always thought the Paradox logo was both too messy/busy/battered, and perhaps too reminiscent of fantasy titles' logos. It might be the loopy ampersand, I don't like it for this game.  :???:

I actually prefer the original one over the new one, too. Paradox's logo is more stylistic, but just like the cover art, it's too main stream.

Enter the competition for best Frodogorn likeness: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,41788.msg1081456.html#msg1081456

Caladrian said:
Enter the competition for best Frodogorn likeness: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,41788.msg1081456.html#msg1081456
Caladrian said:
Everyone on the forum must be sick of his stupid face, let's take revenge on him.
I guess I missed this part. I didn't put that link in there to facilitate "revenge" on his "stupid" face. :neutral: I was hoping for a good friendly competition to recreate his likeness, as he is now a character on the cover of the game.
I guess that was too much to ask of this forum.

No worries, Lemon.  I still luffs you. :3  And even Frodogorn needs love.

I'll give him some spiky club lovin. <3

Merlkir said:
it's sad to see a work of such a talented artist go completely amiss and wasted. I mean...the skill in modeling and texturing is there, the angle makes the face a bit skewed, but overall it's an excellent work. Pity they didn't give him any Ganbat artworks for reference and that he had to use Aragorn for reference.

2nded.

This cover just isn't M&B, every player of the game can see that.

Personally, I'm even more saddened by the fact the orignal 'poll'-thread was closed down.
This is a forum. Moderate the out of place posts, but please let people have their say.
To do otherwise makes this site so very, very pointless.

Moderators and dev team affiliates alike, please take notice.
Ignoring your fanbase is a very bad move.

Rgds,
Zathan

I say we let this thread die. We all know about it, and it has been discussed in many threads. Armagan himself has locked those threads because they all degraded into personal insults (just look at what Caladrian posted), and so keeping with the discussion is obviously not a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom