Mount&Blade Cover - Frodogorn

Users who are viewing this thread

A lot of us are disappointed because we were going to buy boxed games to keep, hoping we'd get nifty ****. That's just ugly, and in my opinion still gives off the totally wrong vibe of what the the game is about, we had a lot of perfectly good art to start with.
But hey *shrug* you're the boss, it's your game.

Redcoat - Mic said:
Too true.

I hereby declare a ceasefire! All hostilities against Frodogorn are to end, effective immediately.

Redcoat - Mic said:
A lot of us are disappointed because we were going to buy boxed games to keep, hoping we'd get nifty ****. That's just ugly, and in my opinion still gives off the totally wrong vibe of what the the game is about, we had a lot of perfectly good art to start with.

QFT.

Nooooooooooooo...they finally got him. But I guess its no suprise that every man has his price. I wonder if they used rats, or water torture.

I think this best encapsulates the attitide

After all, you can start the game with a leather jerkin and a horse, and there is definitely rain in the game.

You can also start the game naked and throw stones at pirates. In fact I've done this at least a few times (and Im not ashamed to admit I found it most enjoyable) but that doesnt justify a high quality and anatomically correct naked caveman on the cover.

Its not that you wouldent expect that this is how the publishing business works, but from the artist! I thought artists are supposed to be in with the good guys, toiling away in the face man etc. To me its clear that the guy who made the cover has never actually played the game (literally, not at all), and (even worse) is such a modern professional that it would be below him to do so.

Compare that to the work of ganbat, which not only needs no justification whatsoever, but actually influences the game to the point where I set my mentallity and playstyle to fit in with his depictions.

Fortunately, this mr.Fox has probably already cashed his check and wont have any more influence on the game itself. It's just a box cover and indeed I see no benefit in a "campaign" against it. But I dont think this argument will work if paradox starts subcontracting game content...

rageshrub said:
Redcoat - Mic said:
Too true.

I hereby declare a ceasefire! All hostilities against Frodogorn are to end, effective immediately.

That post gets the seal of approval

official_frodogorn_seal_of_approval.png

Ohh damn can we at least keep the seal ?  :cry:

Aah, so Arma posted here...o well, then we know where he stands...

And yes, the seal so has to stay!

Well, with a quick bit of photoshop manipulation, here's what he could look like:

mb_cover.jpg

Fixed the eye and the mouth, very basic job.  I wish they would at least do that.

Yeah, I still don't like it, but it's a small improvement for about 2 minutes lazy work.  They should have just used some concept art instead.  The Frodogorn art is technically brilliant, besides the face, but has nothing to do with M&B.  That's like putting a Jedi Knight on the cover of a Star Trek movie.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like anything will change now.

Talak said:
Yeah, I still don't like it, but it's a small improvement for about 2 minutes lazy work.  They should have just used some concept art instead.  The Frodogorn art is technically brilliant, besides the face, but has nothing to do with M&B.  That's like putting a Jedi Knight on the cover of a Star Trek movie.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like anything will change now.

Yeah, it is indeed better, but it's still odd. The eye is still wrong for one. :razz: And indeed, "jedi knight on a cover of Star Trek" is a really good description I think. :lol:

Kindof sad that it can't/won't be changed - but like I said before, I'll probably buy it anyway and replace the current cover with the one I made myself. :smile:

I find it funny that the TLD subforum had to be removed from Taleworlds in order to prevent possible legal issues resulting from Taleworlds hosting a subforum for a mod based on a licenced (Tolkien) world (which I think was the right thing to do), and now M&B has a Vigo/Aragorn clone on the DVD box cover.

If that's definitely going to be the cover art, could the artist at least fix the damn left eye? It just looks unprofessional.

That is a shame. This game is unique but people who don't know about it will look at the cover and think it is just another goofy goblin bashing hobbit game. "Oh not this again, we go searching for treasure blah, blah, blah."

Sir Saladin said:
That is a shame. This game is unique but people who don't know about it will look at the cover and think it is just another goofy goblin bashing hobbit game. "Oh not this again, we go searching for treasure blah, blah, blah."
Unfortunately, I foresee an onslaught of "how i get spelz?!" and "is this liek olbivion???" threads once the game hits retail...

Darian said:
Sir Saladin said:
Unfortunately, I foresee an onslaught of "how i get spelz?!" and "is this liek olbivion???" threads once the game hits retail...

I don't see how this is such a bad thing. All those threads you've described have always had very funny endings.

Back
Top Bottom