Mount and blade: Warband wont start up on steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

awwcott said:
So went through every trick i saw in this forum and some other stuff as well to no avail. Goofed off for a bit because i had a suspicion it might be a direct x problem still and heres how i fixed it.

My computer/Program files/Steam/Steam apps/Common/Mount and Blade warband/DirectX/DXsetup

I was running the latest directX 11 on windows 7, this morning i got the update drivers screen, did so and then this game wouldnt work. I downloaded driver detectors, re-started the cpu, system restore for 3 days ago, un installed video cards and re-installed, deleted the game and re-installed, verifyed cache and a variety of other tactics that all failed. Just on the verge of saying screw it and giving up and tried this on a whim. Mission success!!

Hope this helps some other frustrated folks.

I JUST registered on these forums specifically to recount what fixed my issue and it was THIS!

After reformating my computer, I could no longer load Mount and Blade past the "processing .ini file" message. I tried every proposal in this thread, including reinstalling directx, M&B, Steam, my graphics drivers, and verifying game data and so on. I was almost done trying, although I'd been trying for days. Finally, this suggestion worked. Like, the solution was provided in the game files THE WHOLE TIME.

Thanks man!! Much appreciation.  :grin: :grin: :grin:

I had the problem too, steam version just wouldn't load no matter how i tried to fix it. The workaround I was forced to do was to play pirated version. I know, it is absurd, but that's the only way I am able to play without having to reinstall windows. (Disclamer - I wouldn't dream of promoting piracy here, I own the steam (as much as one can own a game on steam) version of the game, paid money for it, so it's not really piracy)

I fixed it by simply disabling my shadowplay, apparently there was a conflict inbetween the two programs. Whenever I turn on shadowplay, my M&B simply doesn't launch, it shows up in the toolbar for a second, then it dissapears.  :ohdear:

Well. None of those worked for me.
But, I really don't know why, but restarting steam worked for me.
Don't restart your pc just steam.

czachosky said:
Well. None of those worked for me.
But, I really don't know why, but restarting steam worked for me.
Don't restart your pc just steam.
Did you use family sharing?
There is a bug in Steam, at least for me, where family sharing does not work the first time I launch it. I have to restart Steam in order to gain access to the other shared accounts.
Thankfully you put me on the right track and solved it for me, was driving me nuts that Warband wouldn't launch at all.

Back
Top Bottom