mount and blade configuration

Users who are viewing this thread

help!!! i just downloaded trial of mount and blade 1.011 and when i get into a battle it all starts laging
my computer configuration is:
NVDIA Gforce 6200
512 RAM
1.4 ghz

can you tell me what should be the configurations in the game so i can play whitout lags

Pretty terribly underpowered computer ya got there.  You'll want to put the battle slider down to 25 besides the normal stuff of dropping all the usual graphics stuff down to low, but with such low RAM, graphics, and processor power that that probably won't make much of a difference.

Cut down the all the graphic requirements and work your way up increasing them step by step to see what helps you most in getting your game fluent. Shadows, water, ragdolls, and unlimited corpses usally give the greatest boost. And there are a few tweaks to improve the battle speed in forrested/hilly terrain considering the polygon size. Try a search for that and any useful topics and hits how to improve your gameing experience or ask someone over in the technical forum nicely.

I have almost the same computer, except my processor is a dual core 1.6 and the graphic card is nvidia GeForce 6200 TC

I can play battles of almost 100 vs 100 without mayor problem.

Here's what I do:

Play in 800x600 16 bits, antialiasing x2
Textures 50%
Grass density quite low
Shadows low
Corpses 40
Ragdolls 5
Character and character shadow detail quite low
Realistic shadows on plants full
Faster water reflections
Battle size says 245 ingame and 165 in the battle sizer, the real number is between 190 and 200 when I go to a battle
No anisotropic fyltering

I think that's quite it... It doesn't run perfectly smooth but it's still playable.
If you still have trouble or it runs too slow maybe you could consider playing in directx 7.

Hope it helped.

Azhael said:
I have almost the same computer, except my processor is a dual core 1.6 and the graphic card is nvidia GeForce 6200 TC

Here's what I do:

Textures 50%
Grass density quite low
Shadows low
Corpses 40
Ragdolls 5
Faster water reflections
Battle size says 245 ingame and 165 in the battle sizer, the real number is between 190 and 200 when I go to a battle
No anisotropic fyltering

I think that's quite it... It doesn't run perfectly smooth but it's still playable.
If you still have trouble or it runs too slow maybe you could consider playing in directx 7.

Hope it helped.
the resolution 800x600 16 bit should be full screen or windowed?

Even a 6200 should really m and b well, have you updated video drivers? Made sure you don't have something huge sucking up resources? (like norton)

Djordje Milanovic said:
Azhael said:

Here's what I do:

Textures 50%
Grass density quite low
Shadows low
Corpses 40
Ragdolls 5
Faster water reflections
No anisotropic fyltering

Hope it helped.
the resolution 800x600 16 bit should be full screen or windowed?

I run it full screen.

Also try to avoid any other program running at the same time as someone said above.

Do you know if changing the priority class of the Mount&Blade process (through task manager or process explorer or somesuch) affects the game quality?

Djordje Milanovic said:
are you crazy i have a computer.and when i play m&b i turn of AVG antivirus

What he means is buy a computer that is not so underpowered.

You can tweak all day, but in reality your setup lacks processing speed to handle M&B.

rasz said:
Laptops are not for games, buy a real computer :sad:

Are you kidding me? My laptop can and does run todays high end games such as GTA IV and Fallout 3 with the graphics on medium high-high without a problem.

Fudgynumnums said:
rasz said:

Are you kidding me? My laptop can and does run todays high end games such as GTA IV and Fallout 3 with the graphics on medium high-high without a problem.

Your $1700-3000 laptop can almost run one year old games just like $700 desktop? good for you. OP has a low end crap comparable to 3 year old office notebook.

Everythin' highest as possible, a'course  :mrgreen:
These GeForce 260GTX and X3 Core are quite bored playing only GTA IV, Crysis, STALKER, Jagged Alliance, (INSERT NAME HERE) Total War....

rasz said:
Fudgynumnums said:
rasz said:

Your $1700-3000 laptop can almost run one year old games just like $700 desktop? good for you. OP has a low end crap comparable to 3 year old office notebook.

You make me feel sad now  :cry:

Back
Top Bottom