More Dynamic Layered Sieges

Would you like to have multilayered sieges in bannerlord?

• Yes, I would love that

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No, I think the current state of the sieges is perfect

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The aim of this thread is to raise awareness and test the waters. I have played for over 1000 hours of bannerlord and I want to ask the question and maybe recommend to the game developers the idea of multiple layers during sieges. Many of the already existing maps and hopefully many more of the maps to come (we need a larger variety of siege maps, especially castles!!!) offer the possibility for a multiple layer siege. The walls are there, what I merely propose is to make them functional. It would be awesome if we could retreat to the inner defenses after the outer wall is breached. I don’t mean to add a feature like the keep defense (which is not available yet for the player and exists only for the AI????) but I mean add a second destructible door to the already existing chokepoint and mostly decorative, so far, gates and allow defenders to formally retreat to a more defensible point. By adding a second destructive gate and also the ability to properly man and defend the second layers of defense, you basically have a more dynamic and challenging siege. This will not only add another to the otherwise kinda repeated and boring stage of the sieges but also add immersion to the game by making the already implemented second walls functional enhancing the difficulty of a siege in general. It could also be a settlement upgrade where a second and even farfetched third wall layer is added, or at least let us use the whole siege map strategically. This is a well loved feature in other strategy medieval games, most known the Total war game series.
I humbly request developers to think about that feature, which I heartily believe is a well wanted upgrade to the siege mechanics of the game. I look forward to other people thoughts on that and most importantly a developers response :smile:

PS Please feel free to add your own thoughts and ideas!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom