Morality

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. It seems I missed the debate on this one. I haven't debated and put forth coherent arguments for a while. That isn't good. That should be part of my reputation. Perhaps next time, I suppose.

So you necroed a thread that has been dead for more than 4 months only to say this? I do hope your house is set on fire with you inside.

i checked the rules and it said
Topics Check to see if an existing topic already covers the subject you want to post about. We would rather you posted into that thread than started a new topic, no matter how old. Please give your new topics relevant titles rather than nonsensical ones - "Improving weapons and shields" is a lot better than "My suggestions". Not only does this allow people to see what your post is about (so your likely to get interested posters) but it also helps the search function return relevant results
so how is necroing not allowed when it says to NOT make another topic if what you want to post about is in a topic already? so instead of supposedly "necroing" this topic i should make a whole new one? just to quote a guy i thought was funny? sad. and pathetic.

Necroing is perfectly acceptable, provided you continue the discussion in a meaningful way. Reviving an old thread for no other reason than to say, "EPIC" would be spamming. Which is why you were warned. The section of the rules that you quoted does not apply to this situation because it is referring to guidelines for starting a new thread to discuss a topic. For example, if you had a suggestion about a game mechanic, and there was a preexisting thread covering the same topic, it would be preferable to post in the old thread rather than start your own.

No, you shouldn't have made a new thread for your post. You just shouldn't have posted it at all.

Alakeram said:
Topics Check to see if an existing topic already covers the subject you want to post about. We would rather you posted into that thread than started a new topic, no matter how old. Please give your new topics relevant titles rather than nonsensical ones - "Improving weapons and shields" is a lot better than "My suggestions". Not only does this allow people to see what your post is about (so your likely to get interested posters) but it also helps the search function return relevant results

Were you posting about morality? No? Huh. Argument is invalid then.

Necroing a thread is reviving a thread without adding to a meaningful discussion.

If for example you revived the morality thread with a question about morality, then you would not have gotten a warning. As it stands, you necro'd the thread because you thought a quote was funny, when we have a thread for that as well (memorable quotes or something?) always good to do a search before posting something irrelevant to the topic, no matter how old.

BUT, isn't mortality epic? i would think so, and isn't this on off-topic chat? :grin: if it was on a topic talking about weapons and i said that i would make more sense to warn me, i see people saying stuff like what i said all the time ON topics that are related to something else and they just want to quote one guy, so i was bored reading this topic, did not know it was that old (saw someones sig quote about the ban on the 2nd page of this thread) and read into the tpoic more, thought it was funny and just remarked it, sorry for finding something funny

Being in the off-topic forum doesn't mean every single thread can be derailed.

Off-topic just means that it's not on the topic of Mount&Blade and its expansions.

Also, morality is not epic. It's interesting, but not epic.

Alakeram said:
BUT, isn't mortality epic?
Interesting theory.

@Hyrule: Necrophilia is immoral, because it has the potential to hurt you and/or others. That counts for physical health and emotional state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom