OSP 3D Art Medieval and Renaissance weapons - Finished - Aug/10/2013

Users who are viewing this thread

I liked the video! The sounds of the mod are amazing!

Sooner than I expected, I have updated the pack with 44 new weapons! I have made some of them specially for the Historical Lords Project, but thick_1988 doesn't know yet.  :lol:

cwtz.png

There are more pictures in the first post.
(9 weapons left to finish this pack) (july/31)

Thank you guys for your appreciation!
This pack is finished. These were the last items added:

o231.jpg
(zoom out to see in full size)

Thank you, and goodbye!

These models are incredible.

Question from a fellow modder, how do you get your textures to look so real? Mine usually look pretty fake.

Hartzekar said:
These models are incredible.

Question from a fellow modder, how do you get your textures to look so real? Mine usually look pretty fake.

Thank you!

The texture used in this pack was not hand painted, as I am too lazy to paint all the details of the wood and make the metal texture  :lol:, so I find something similar to work with, searching for images of things like "stone" "eroded metal" "iron texture" "beech" "dark wood" "redwood" "oak texture", you know, these stuff, because it is simpler, and makes better and faster results, at least for me  :smile:. But after this part I start modifying the images a bit, combining, changing the brightness, contrast, adding color, and using the "Curves" tool, that is very important to get cool effects (in Photoshop), considering that the results should be similar to the pictures of what I want to make. This is to make the diffuse. After this, I make the specular map, using the curves tool again, to make the specular more or less smooth in the areas of the metal parts, and selecting and eliminating the specular effect in the wooden parts that aren't varnished, and other stuff. If you want to know more about this, send me a message and I will try to explain better my way of making textures.

Thanks and goodbye!

Back
Top Bottom