Main Thread - 3.0 released!

Users who are viewing this thread

mike56 said:
Which prize will you get if you win?

A return trip to japan, apparently

mike56 said:
Not a little excesive number of villagers?  :lol:

I'm going to replace "villages" with "towns" and "towns" with "cities", i.e. make villages into large-ish un-walled settlements, and towns into huge multi-layered citadels that are fun to siege. it's mainly because getting 20+ recruits per week from three hovels and a farm is silly. although there are quite a few, and I'll try and tweak the amount when i finish scening.

also, after seeing the bridge mod (lets you have bridge battles when you're near a bridge), i might make tiny village-like icons on the main map that you can't interact with, but battles fought near them will be fought in small villages. i might do the same with the farm plots too, meaning you'll have ample opportunity to use things like field walls and buildings as cover, even in field battles. it's low priority though, but i really like the idea and i'll definitely do it. it's all about making field battles a bit more interesting, because after a few playthroughs i found myself automatically retreating to bridges to make use of the advantage.

Sir William the Brave said:
Will there be a sort of Frankish kingdom? I would love to have an army of knights fight in their last battle!

I prefer having my own made-up cultures in the mod, and although some are heavily based on others, (19th century ottomans, anyone?) i don't want this to fall into the category of "1257-but-not-really" with a few guns. anyway, virtually every mod features knights of some kind. i dunno, i just dont find knights that interesting. they were just heavy cavalry, and often not even that.

Maybe you should make guns a bit expensive to buy.

I'll probably do just that. I didn't put much thought into prices when adding items, because by a few weeks ingame you can afford pretty much anything apart from the useless "designer label" armour, i'm looking at you, lordly plate. but i suppose it makes sense considering this is supposed to be the first century or so of gunpowder.

thanks for the replies everyone, glad to see you're enjoying it. hopefully it won't be long 'till the first proper release.

Oh, I completely dodged that. Downloading now!

Btw, perhaps a different file hosting site could be used in the future? I'm not a fan of having to download a program to download the module, like TOTSK.

From what I messed around with in-game, it's really obvious... this mod has a lot of potential! It's already so early and I can see it doing really well, but, there's just one thing... why are the factions so scattered around?

Also, there were some bugs with city scenes where the terrain didn't sync up with the props, and a lot of NPCs got stuck on stairways and things. I assume you already knew that, but it's not too game-breaking, especially for this early in development.

Great work so far! Definitely keeping a close eye on this one. :wink:

some of the factions are scattered around because they represent tribal confederacies etc. i altered a few values so certain factions will have more independently-minded lords with bigger armies, so as a result fewer lords will join campaigns. although i admit i havent finished the map, and some cities are in the wrong place. i started working on it today though, tidying up coastlines and whatnot. i hope to split the disparate factions into several smaller ones with similar-ish troop rosters (some might have better musketeers, others better cavalry etc.), but so far i cant even get these two new factions to function properly. hopefully the final map will look a bit more diverse.

could you tell me which scene it was where soldiers were getting stuck? i've had a couple of issues with AI meshing. and also which ones had mismatched terrain? that's been a issue for me as well.

thanks in advance

It was one of the city scenes with civilians, it wasn't a siege battle. If it was I could have just roleplayed and said we dug under the walls, lul.

It might have been Praven... it was somewhere near the center of the map.

RGL ERROR makes my game crash on startup - ive re installed a few times

get_object failed for texture: sayazn_tarbrush_spec

----> scratch that, I reinstalled the game after seeing this mod (forgot to update)

good luck btw

Just an update; this mod isn't dead, in fact I've added a lot of features since the upload (invluding glasses and gloves), as well as tidying up faults and bugs i had lying around. Most of the work i still have involves scening - but I've finished four settlements at this point, and they're all running as expected. They don't take long.

Couple of screenshots.

HRc65gm.png
BnlwNrH.jpg
uDmqmOI.jpg
Dnn1TSj.jpg
aQDbfDl.jpg
2H5BcQY.jpg
B2qaxWC.jpg

Looks cool  :grin: I'm presuming Sayazn is a bit of Ottoman inspired faction right ? Bashibozuk/Zeibek kind of troops would be cool I like these guys :grin:

Btw I remember voting for you in a site(comic competition ?) whats happened to it, did you win ?

Looking good! I just have a question about Heavy Cavalry in this mod. I noticed in one of your earlier screenshots a force of Mamluk-esque troops with war horses, great lances, and steel shields and was wondering about them. I've found that pikemen, even when restricted to thrusting attacks, are generally ineffective against armored cavalry, simply because they can't pierce their armor. How common will heavy cavalry be in this mod and how can we effectively counter it?

Edit: Also, what's up with this? Easter egg, perhaps?  :shock:

They also do the- hey, who's this?
tMaqtWg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom