LF-The Fyrd Of Lewes [disbanded]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
b00227783 said:
zemdu said:
awesome! we've got a new thread  :mrgreen:

btw you forgot to add me to the members list.

could someone plz help me set up team speak 3? it's been a total *****

Set up a server or set up the client?

We already have a server. I will edit the OP with it now :razz:

how do I start the program and where can I find the server

I would like to leave the clan for the reason that I don't have the time to play M&B anymore.

zemdu said:
I would like to leave the clan for the reason that I don't have the time to play M&B anymore.

Hmm... Ok.

Come back if you decide to play again!

It would also appear people would like to train on a Sunday. I'll get round to organising something, but it will be after the holidays because that's when I'll be back at my computer :razz:

b00227783 said:
It would also appear people would like to train on a Sunday. I'll get round to organising something, but it will be after the holidays because that's when I'll be back at my computer :razz:
1 vote on Sunday, 3 on Saturday - not that I care, since both suck.  :lol:

Hmm is that so? My poll is messed up on my screen so I can't tell :s

But yes Saturday is fine too :grin:

Hey all Fyrdmen,

I was thinking about joining a clan so Mabons contacted me about the LF. I think some of you will know me since I am quite active on the forum and ingame.
So I am considering joining. I want to get better and I enjoy coorperation in battle so a clan looks like a logical choice.

Some fast info:
Dutch,
favorite troop type is normal infantry
also plays Brytenwalda (active on that forum to)

Considering your house rules:

1) Be respectful to other players. A little trash talk here and there isn't discouraged but don't over do it. And absolutely no racism of any kind.
I like to think I am a nice person
2)Check the forums and steam page as much as possible.
I check the forums daily. I don't know about the steam page, need to take a look at it. I only use Steam to play really
3)Show up for trainings, if you cannot make it, please tell us. We don't want to think you're dead or something
What is your training day. I don't have a fixed day I can play (GF), though I play many days a week for about 1 or 2 hours.
4)If you wish to join, you may apply on this thread. But, you must have three members of the Fyrd ready to vouch for you. If you cannot get three people to vouch for you, chances are you will be denied, unless either me or Moecker are in a very good mood
I think I have 1 now?
4a)Once you have been accepted you will be required to choose a Saxon name from this generator
Hengwulf is a fantasy name, though I do wish to keep it.
4b)You will then be placed into the "training" battle, where all new recruits go until we(me and moecker) decide you are ready to join the main battle. To improve your chances of being promoted, adhere to all the above rules.
Looking forward to it

Greetings Hengwulf

Mabons,

About that "Anglo-Saxon Names Generator": please toss your link to it at once! It's filled with non-Anglo-Saxon names, names from far later periods, and, inexplicably, even absolute non-names. For instance, it lists Andswaru as a name, while that is merely a noun, namely the precursor to Modern English answer. And it lists a bunch of verbs(!) too, like andettan 'to command', drefan 'to agitate', derian 'to harm', and what have you.

To remedy this unfortunate abundance of non-sources I have written an introduction to proper Anglo-Saxon naming, including links to proper reference works.

Hey guys,

I've been browsing the clan subforum a bit and saw that for the new patch, each clan can make their own game banner.
So in my creative enthusiasm I worked something out. Quality is low though, I used the forum banner. If you would like something made I would be glad to help.
I also made player banners for Brytenwalda.

Hengwulf

lewesfirdbanner.jpg

Ah, with a bit of editing that might well find its way into the game, thanks  :smile:

I would certainly not reject you joining the clan, I am just a bit unsure about what Mabons is up to right now, I didn't see him online for a few days now.
You should consider though that the recruitment halt is still not officially lifted, so I have to discuss it with Mabons first, once I get contact to him again.

Moeckerkalfie said:
Ah, with a bit of editing that might well find its way into the game, thanks  :smile:

I would certainly not reject you joining the clan, I am just a bit unsure about what Mabons is up to right now, I didn't see him online for a few days now.
You should consider though that the recruitment halt is still not officially lifted, so I have to discuss it with Mabons first, once I get contact to him again.

Hey Moecker,

this is my point of view. Via via I was advised to join a clan. From that I was invited. I am interested, though, as you know I suck. I am willing to join a clan. But my main goal is to get better. I am a team player, mostly die protecting others.

You should talk about it in the clan, and I will think about it. Agreed, I am not even sure to join your clan or A clan at all?

Greetings
Hengwulf

Training is yet to be decided. I will sort it out soonish.

And Hengwulf, you only need two people to vouch for you, seeing as I invited you :razz:

Your name is fine too, we just don't want silly names like "xXxXXHEADsh0tZZZCCXxXxX" or "monkeyass" someone had at one point :lol:

EDIT: Darn did not see all the replies.

Hmm, sorry for my inactivity Moecker, it's final week of university so a lot is needed to be done :smile:

Éadríc said:
Mabons,

About that "Anglo-Saxon Names Generator": please toss your link to it at once! It's filled with non-Anglo-Saxon names, names from far later periods, and, inexplicably, even absolute non-names. For instance, it lists Andswaru as a name, while that is merely a noun, namely the precursor to Modern English answer. And it lists a bunch of verbs(!) too, like andettan 'to command', drefan 'to agitate', derian 'to harm', and what have you.

To remedy this unfortunate abundance of non-sources I have written an introduction to proper Anglo-Saxon naming, including links to proper reference works.

Ah it was rapier's link, I just copied it :razz:

It's just to give an idea of a name. I don't think we have the willpower to be as realistic as possible :razz:

Hello all,

I also got a invite from the Erlingar clan. So I am kinda puzzled who and what to choose now.

Since you guys are still figuring out what day you want to train (which is my main reason to join) I think it is best for me to wait a few days and then decide.

Sorry for this, just want to pick the right clan if I join one.

Helge said:
Hengwulf, sory but , are you female?

I am sorry if my intend to open clan negotiations have been found feminine. I just didn't want to start a flame war between the clans nor between me and other forum users.

That said, I have offered my sword to the Erlingar clan.

I will see you guys on the field.

And Helge will get a jav in the groins for this insult, infectious camp whore :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom