Knowledge database (troop statistics, item recipes, guides, maps, Q&A)

Users who are viewing this thread

Vornne said:
A few quibbles, though:
  • The little boxes with the number of resources needed or resulting have inconsistent placement, sometimes against the resource, and sometimes against the processing station: I suggest the number always be stuck on the edge of the item of which the count represents, to avoid confusion.
  • Not only the butchering knife but also the butchering cleaver can be used to carve out meat chunks.
  • The weaving loom can be used with 4 small linen cloths to stitch them back into 1 big roll again.
  • A labouring skill of 5 or greater (only the serf) can use less resources or get more results in some cases: 3 instead of 4 wheat sheaves is required for a flour sack, 5 instead of 4 bread loaves can be baked with one flour sack, 3 instead of 4 must barrels can be made into a wine barrel, and 2 instead of 3 wheat sheaves (plus water) can be used to make a beer barrel. It appears you tested with the serf class, so maybe you could note that somewhere, or else specify the two different numbers together, colored differently or something.
  • The herb bushes can actually be cut with any weapon, not just a sickle (which has a spelling mistake).
  • There is only one "s" in resource, listed in the legend at the bottom.

Thanks for those suggestions Vornne. Think I got them all in now CTRL F5 for refreshing images:

Hospes' Production Tree
Wood

Wood.png

Metals

Metals_1.png

Metals_2.png

Food

Food_1.png

Food_2.png

Cloth

Cloth.png

Leather

Leather.png

Herb

Herb.png

Legend

Legend.png

Powerpoint source file: http://loppen.com/PW/Hospes/Hospes production tree.pptx

Your work is great as always, Loppen. My apologies for the late reply. Unfortunately I have had unexpected technical problems and therefore no access to the internet the last few days. Thus I could neither thank you for your indispensible help with the icons nor upload my design for the final production tree nor comment on yours. But fortunately I can finally do so now and I assure you, I really like it. I do especially approve of the idea with the little coins, the distinction between serfs and peasants and the classification of the various products. If you want me to, I can still upload my design, but after you have created this beautiful one yourself, I do not really see the need for it anymore. Basically it still looks like this (the original has a higher resolution):
Hospes fori said:
designexample.png
By the way, I see no reason, why it should only be called after me and not Loppen's & Hospes' production tree. Although the general idea and concept is created by me, you are the one who finally realised it.

Welcome back Hospes :wink:

Thanks for the response. Powerpoint can sometimes do some good stuff.

Can you set up a post, that Vornne can link to, with the images and perhaps some of your thoughts on the idea behind the tree ?

Call it a joint venture. Your name first of course.

Hospes' & Loppen's Production Tree

The development
At least since beta3 the economic system of Persistent World has become fairly extensive. Many players asked many questions and much stayed uncertain in the early days. Ever since then, I sought a way to enable people to comprehend the system as quick and easy as possible. Eventually I remembered the famous technology respectively production trees of the Age of and ANNO series and decided to create one for Persistent World. After some time of conceiving and designing I finally ended up with a coherent graph which summarised the economy in a way that makes it possible to conceive it at a glance. Now the only thing I still needed was somebody to help me realising it as a good-looking illustration. Fortunately Loppen, the diligent master of charts and graphs, spared neither time nor efforts to fulfil my wish, so we can ultimately present:

Wood

Wood.png

Metals

Metals_1.png

Metals_2.png

Food

Food_1.png

Food_2.png

Cloth

Cloth.png

Leather

Leather.png

Herb

Herb.png

Legend

Legend.png
On the left side the tools and resources are depicted which are required to produce the different items on the right side. The graph is basically self-explanatory. We hope this is a useful assistance for everyone and if you still have questions, do not hesitate to ask them.

Thank you both for your efforts: I have added the spoiler with the guide to the main post, with the explanation at the end to avoid taking up too much space with a full quote, but including a link to your post.

You are more than welcome and I thank you on my part for the appreciation.

After experimenting a lot, I believe I could finally ascertain the nutritional value of each sort of food.
nutritionalvalue.png
Please correct me if any of these numbers are wrong, Vornne. And am I right that a doctor can heal up to about 80% of a player's health and sleeping once about 30%, given that the player is saturated by the same percentage?
Some things are quite noticeable, for instance that the potential nutritional value of raw meat is nearly six and a half times as much as the actual one and the fact that a cooked fish is twice as saturating as a salted one. Therefore it always pays off, to politely ask a peasant if he might roast the salted fish, one did just buy, before eating it. Just for the fun of it I have also calculated the potential nutritional value of a single wheat sack: 2,454.875%. Of course this is just a numbers game.

In addition I have made a second chart, displaying the different yields of slaughtering the various animals.
animalyields.png

Loppen, maybe you can turn these into more respectable charts or even use the data for your website somehow.

It is as simple as it is confusing. The only thing you have to do is to hit an animal with a wheat sheaf. The confusing thing is that the wheat disappears only after a certain or probably arbitrary number of hits. It took me quite a while to realise that a single hit, even with the wheat not disappearing, is sufficient to feed an animal.

My pleasure! Setting up a personal server and testing various things definitely helps to gain a better understanding of the game mechanics. I still remember the trouble I had on the RCC server shortly after the release of beta3, when I tried to find out the correct way of crafting the newly introduced salted meat. You can imagine how satisfied I have been after finally discovering it.

Cool Hospes. I would like to help out :smile:

I don't understand the numbers on the first chart (except for maybe the top ones). Can you explain them for me ?

Crafting recipes for the latest version here:

http://pw.hosthazard.com/PW_4_beta6_crafting_recipes.xml
http://pw.hosthazard.com/PW_4_beta6_crafting_recipes.txt

Hospes fori said:
Please correct me if any of these numbers are wrong, Vornne.
Almost perfect, apart from meat pie 75, cooked meat 65. If you enjoy figuring the numbers out that's fine, but I don't mind saving you the trouble by quickly referring to the module system, in future. As with Loppen, I don't understand what all the other rows in your table mean.
Hospes fori said:
And am I right that a doctor can heal up to about 80% of a player's health
Doctor max 75%, healer max 55% (50 + wound treatment * 5).
Hospes fori said:
and sleeping once about 30%, given that the player is saturated by the same percentage?
Depends on the bed: they vary from 50% to 8%, with the big lord's bed being best and the plank bench being worse (but quicker, though not as much health per time).
Hospes fori said:
In addition I have made a second chart, displaying the different yields of slaughtering the various animals.
Nearly correct: the base adult values are deer meat 4, hides 4; boar meat 5, hides 2; cow meat 8, hides 6; baby animals have 1/3 the meat and 1/4 the hide usable, giving fawn meat 1, hide 1; boarlet meat 1, hides 0; calf meat 2, hide 1. On top of that, killing with anything other than a knife (the category, not a specific item) subtracts 1 meat and 2 hides, then if the herding skill is 0 and the one handed proficiency is less than 90, an additional meat and hide are subtracted; or if the animal died from something other than an agent (fall damage, drowning) the base values are halved; then finally up to 1 food value from a wheat sheaf adds to the meat count. The latest version changes it slightly, with starving animals (from being blocked in a small area, unable to move far enough at terrain level) losing food value from wheat sheaves over time, applying a minimum of -2 and a maximum of +1 of the food to the meat count. Clear as mud :wink:.
Hospes fori said:
The confusing thing is that the wheat disappears only after a certain or probably arbitrary number of hits. It took me quite a while to realise that a single hit, even with the wheat not disappearing, is sufficient to feed an animal.
That does not seem right to me: the wheat sheaf is consumed from the ti_on_agent_hit_trigger, before the food value is added (if it fails, operations following will as well), so animals should never be fed unless the wheat is consumed. I suspect that the short wheat sheaf, the horse hitbox that doesn't match the animal meshes exactly, and client and server positions being slightly out of sync are factors causing you to miss hitting the animal.

Loppen said:
I don't understand the numbers on the first chart (except for maybe the top ones). Can you explain them for me ?
Vornne said:
As with Loppen, I don't understand what all the other rows in your table mean.
The first row is the important one. The others are actually just a bonus. They compare the different sorts of food in the way of a chart for currencies, which means that each row puts the different types of food in relation to one of them each. For example they show that you need 4 raw meat pieces to gain the value of 1 salted meat piece, that you need 5 salted fishes to gain the value of 2 breads, that you need 25 grapes to gain maximal satiety etc. Basically all these rows follow from the first one.

Vornne said:
Nearly correct
I did not expect the yield to depend on the way the animal gets killed. And I might have killed some of them with an invisible sword when I tried to find out the values. This would explain my divergences.

Vornne said:
I suspect that the short wheat sheaf, the horse hitbox that doesn't match the animal meshes exactly, and client and server positions being slightly out of sync are factors causing you to miss hitting the animal.
Is it possible to have missed an animal in this regard even when your arm got repelled and the respective sound was to hear?

Alright, I think I understand the chart now :grin: Thanks for explaining Hospes.

Production tree
I'm gonna update graphics on the production tree since a few meshes/textures have changed.
Also, although I haven't seen it on any map, a Smithy Anvil can be used for dividing iron bars. Should that be incorporated into the tree?
Can the forge still be used ?

Loppen said:
Also, although I haven't seen it on any map, a Smithy Anvil can be used for dividing iron bars. Should that be incorporated into the tree?
Can the forge still be used ?
If you like. The forge can still be used in exactly the same ways.

Anyone know what I can use torch for... I really am curious  :shock: :shock: :shock:

Left click with branch in hand on a big fire (pile of branches) (possibly with a stake in it for burning witches).
Left click with torch on fire = it burns. More branches, longer fire.

Back
Top Bottom