~Kings and Kingdoms® Music Mod~

Users who are viewing this thread

ArabArcher35 said:
I'm such a retard. I DO hear weapons and stuff, but I just had to check the settings. I had the music disabled, for some reason. Man, I'm so pathetic

Good that you figured it out now. Dont forget to check Warrider Sound Mod!

Is the link to image shack broken or ?  I can't seem to get my hands on the troop trees and I've been trying for several days . . .  If someone could repost them or even email them to me I'd be grateful (it's [email protected]) . . .

J.

Oh, ****... I just wanted the MP3s, but I had a brainfart and let the exe install into my M&B folder. Then stared helplessly as it started copying files all over my core M&B files. Gaaaah!

What did it do my core files and how can I undo it?

fisheye said:
Oh, ****... I just wanted the MP3s, but I had a brainfart and let the exe install into my M&B folder. Then stared helplessly as it started copying files all over my core M&B files. Gaaaah!

Can't you try installing it into an empty folder? Then you will know what files it replaces.

jeansberg said:
fisheye said:

Can't you try installing it into an empty folder? Then you will know what files it replaces.

Installer won't let me change the install directory.  :shock:

Looks like I'll just have to uninstall and reinstall v0.808. What a pain!

Or you could swap out the M&B install temporarily and let the installer install to the default directory. Then move your m&b install back later.

The music is worth the trouble though. Rather high on the constant bombast (you wouldn't want it on your MP3 playlist), but appropriate for an action game. Very nice work.

Sorry about that Fisheye. :???:

The installer should have backupped the data folder. If you use the uninstaller, it should undo the changes to your core files. ...But I didn't try it yet, so I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm going to put a warning in the first post. Sorry again.

Well, this is interesting.  Every module now has its own seperate music file...

heh.  Cool.  That has its uses. 

Since I'll have to edit the files anyway, I guess I'll go ahead and use this, the Knights of Honor one, and Essence's music mod all together with native.

fisheye, did you get this working with .808?

Anyone care to put up modded files to make this work or give instructions (if it isn't complicated)?

Ok, it shouldn't be too complicated.

First, install the K&K Music Mod (download it from FileFront since the Repository is currently down).

Copy music.txt from Mount&Blade/Data/ and paste it to Mount&Blade/Modules/Native/ (or to Mount&Blade/Modules/YourMod/ if you want to play the music with a specific mod). You should make a back up of music.txt in Native first if you want to revert to the original music.

Cut the new .mp3 files from Mount&Blade/music/ and paste them to Mount&Blade/Modules/Native/Music/ (or Mount&Blade/Modules/YourMod/Music/).

Uninstall the K&K Music Mod with the uninstaller, which is in Mount&Blade/Modules/Music Mod/.

Launch the game with Native or the mod you pasted the files to.

That should work, I tried it.

fisheye said:
Where are these other music mods that you speak of? Linky please!  :grin:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,11220.0.html
I don't think there is a downloadable Knights of Honor Music Mod, it's probably copyrighted.

Awesome, thanks :wink:

Is it as easy as I think to put custom music in? Just put it in the music.txt and place the mp3 in the music folder?

Yes. Just make sure you change the number of tracks in music.txt (the first line), and choose 1, 2 or 3 for each music (played respectively in world, battle and both).

Back
Top Bottom