Is Mythology the turth disguised as a Tale? or a Tale to disguise a Turth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wellenbrecher said:
[edit]
Also what the heck?
ancalimon said:
Of course you wont find it on the Internet. That's original research. (it's actually only me seeing that the word consists of two Turkic parts). All I do is speak the word in different IE languages aloud, "espirit" and than consider whether t sound and ch, th sounds are phonetically similar.
Esprit is what you meant, right?
That has no th, ch or t sound...

what sound is the last T in that word you passionately call esprit? Is it not a T? or maybe it sounds like a N? I thought it was similar to what I hear in English.

And words only show something if they are considered together with other things. There has to be some sort of cultural contact between those people. If you keep building upon the Eurocentric, racist, Muslim-Turk hating mindset (which is the case for all of history which is the result of old arch enemies of Turks (Persians, Arabs, Chinese, Europeans, Russians) than you would never find any contact between Turks and other people. Simply because for this mindset, Turks are primitive and backwards.

So, for example if we have the Eurocentric mindset that labels Non-Mongolid looking mummies found in Turkic Kurgans as Indo-European speaking blue eyed, blonde European people (really lol) or if yo have a Eurocentric mindset that labels Turks in Turkey as "not really Turks", then it would not make sense to this Eurocentric mind or the mind that had been fed from this Eurocentric mindset that there could be Turkic rooted words inside IE languages, he would say that I'm acting out of national pride. Because all his lifes work is based upon a foundation built by scholars~clergy that's main aim in life is to slander Turks, and later Islam.

ancalimon said:
what sound is the last T in that word you passionately call esprit? Is it not a T? or maybe it sounds like a N? I thought it was similar to what I hear in English.

It's silent...
ModusTollens said:
ɛ'spriː or ĕ-sprē'

See, ancalimon, if you base your whole **** on speaking it out loud, then at least learn the language first.

Wellenbrecher said:
ancalimon said:

It's silent...
ModusTollens said:
ɛ'spriː or ĕ-sprē'

See, ancalimon, if you base your whole **** on speaking it out loud, then at least learn the language first.

What I hear is not silent.
http://translate.google.com/#auto/la/spirit

Wellenbrecher said:
No, you were talking about "esprit" not spirit. Don't switch it around now.

mid-13c., "animating or vital principle in man and animals," from Old French espirit, from Latin spiritus "soul, courage, vigor, breath," related to spirare "to breathe," from PIE *(s)peis- "to blow" (cf. Old Church Slavonic pisto "to play on the flute").

When many Turkic words passed to IE languages, they lost the vowel at the front.

Just like that many words that entered Turkic from IE languages gained a vowel in front. (like station >istasyon) Almost always, Turkic syllables can not consist of two consonants side by side.

And to continue this hilarius effort of linguistic exploration, here is the explanation of another nice word: ancalimon. The name of the prophet that showed us the way of the Kampradturk. My research showed three results(scientifically tested,of course):
1)anca- perhaps from the ancient Egyptian symbol "Ankh", which meant eternal life (key of life)
-limon - Old French limon, from Provençal or Italian from Arabic "laimun", from Persian" limu(n)", generic terms for citrus fruits
Alltogether, "ancalimon" is the fruit of life.

2)an- privative prefix, from Greek an-, "not, without," related to ne- and cognate with Sanskrit an-, Latin in-, Gothic and Old English "un-"
cali- this is derived from Kali(the K was fallen to C, because some old indian coots were toothless) the Hindu goddess of Time and Change(and Death). The word comes from kāla, which means black, time, death, lord of death(as in time has come).
mon - the old gaelic word for "island".
Combining those, "ancalimon" means the island without time(or the island whose time has come), no doubt referring to Atlantis. It is common knowledge that the survivors of Atlantis established a new kingdom in the depths of Asia Minor, emerging centuries later as the Turks!

And, finally 3)Tar-Ancalimon was a name of a great Numenorean king. But since this was born inside Mr. Tolkien's mind, we have to deduce that it is notscientifically granted as a proper word. Although, a known linguist(whose name I will not reveal, because of modesty :oops:) has developed a theory that assosciated the sinking of Numenor with Atlantis(see explanation #2)

Conclusion: I am a linguist and we all should pay our respects to ancalimon the Eternal Pothead.

Sources: My imagination, wikipedia, Lord of the Rings and some shrooms...

ancalimon said:
Wellenbrecher said:
No, you were talking about "esprit" not spirit. Don't switch it around now.

mid-13c., "animating or vital principle in man and animals," from Old French espirit, from Latin spiritus "soul, courage, vigor, breath," related to spirare "to breathe," from PIE *(s)peis- "to blow" (cf. Old Church Slavonic pisto "to play on the flute").
esprit, you weren't talking about the "e" but about
ancalimon said:
All I do is speak the word in different IE languages aloud, "espirit" and than consider whether t sound and ch, th sounds are phonetically similar.
and that's (same of course for the "e"-stuff) just not the case - there's no /t/. Or you were talking about some neologism "Espirit" (and there's a /t/), then you're of course right with the e-stuff since you're the one who created it in the first place and obviously placed and "e" before "spirit" (let's ignore the difference between ē and ĕ, shall we?) - although that's still only a single case (and not related to your other claim about "losing vowels").

ancalimon said:
So, for example if we have the Eurocentric mindset that labels Non-Mongolid looking mummies found in Turkic Kurgans as Indo-European speaking blue eyed, blonde European people (really lol) or if yo have a Eurocentric mindset that labels Turks in Turkey as "not really Turks", then it would not make sense to this Eurocentric mind or the mind that had been fed from this Eurocentric mindset that there could be Turkic rooted words inside IE languages, he would say that I'm acting out of national pride. Because all his lifes work is based upon a foundation built by scholars~clergy that's main aim in life is to slander Turks, and later Islam.
Alright, once again, this time without quoting from articles: I don't think this specific, reiterated claim ("they" - be it Indo-European scholars, some churches, the Western/Eastern World - are racists against Turks/Basques/Finns/Hungarians/Germans/Marsians whatever) was covered in any of the cited articles. It's also common among amateur "linguists" and conspiracy theorists in general to confuse and mix the Indo European languages (or the work of linguists) with arbitrary claims about some kind of Indo-European people(s).

The idealised, reconstructed Proto-Indo European language (PIE) was never actually spoken by anyone (what a shock). There are no (serious) claims among (contemporary and most of the former) linguists concerning Indo-European people(s). Those have the same scientific status as the Bigfoot - there will always be people claiming to have found them but there's no scientific proof whatsoever. But both of those are of no consequence for a hypothetical PIE - simply because it works as a thesis.

It not only can be used to show and explain the relations between individual, natural languages (through sound laws (Lautverschiebung) being only one example) but also to make predictions/give explanations of sound patterns (Lautgestalt) of actually spoken but not always passed words of (for example) extinct languages or ancestors/pre-stages of contemporary languages. In some cases later findings of written sources confirmed the primarly only reconstructed expressions (for example in the case of Gothic), or in cases where they didn't fit, led to a change of the principles (Verner's law being one of many examples).

As it's the case with, again for example, Etruscan, archaeology and linguistics work together - for example in the case of the relation between Etruscan and Raetic. (For the theory and documents concerning the relation between Etruscan and Raetic cf. Helmut RIX, Rätisch und Etruskisch. In: Innsbrucker Beiträge zur Sprachwissenschaft, Vorträge und kleinere Schriften 68 (199:cool:.; if you can bear the layout and font - especially the colour - you can download the Spring 2003 newsletter of the Institute of Etruscan and Italic studies from here which contains a  review of Rix', who sadly died in a car accident in 2004, article (pages 18-20); the review also includes a (shortened) example of how such comparative, historical linguistics actually works.)

As far as linguistics as a science is concerned there are no speculations concering Indo-Europeans (as there are also no speculations, for example, concercing the origin of the Etruscans) and there's no illusion about the actual reality of a/one/the spoken PIE (there are many (explanatory) theories why there are those obvious relations between the different Indo-European languages though - still nothing about some Indo-European people(s) themselves). There will always be some lunatics claiming they found ("the real") Indo-Europeans in Scandinavia, the Black Sea area or somewhere else (and other lunatics arguing against it; as it's the case with all these alleged, single and unique Urvölker: see everything ancalimon ever wrote) - but that's of no concern for linguistics and certainly doesn't proof some kind of illusionary racist, religious conspiracy and/or Eurocentrism of (contemporary) Indo-European scholars or linguists in general.

All of the above is of course illegitimately abbreviating and therefore not strictly accurate (or accurate at all) - but seeing which thread this is (and considering that there are hundreds of (up to date) books about it for anyone being genuinly interested in (historical, comparative) lingustics (or etymology), as well as the possibility to actually study it instead of using "google translate" in an eternal search for "sound pattern similiarities" between contemporary languages) I think I rightfully don't care.

I still have nearly 2 weeks of vacation and it seems I'm already bored - Kampradturk obviously abandoned me.

Antonis said:
And to continue this hilarius effort of linguistic exploration, here is the explanation of another nice word: ancalimon. The name of the prophet that showed us the way of the Kampradturk.

Ancalimon is no prophet of Kampradturk, for he serves the Catholic Church and the Christian conspiracy to hide the fact the Swedish is the original language and IKEA was the first/greatest country in the world.

Kampradturk, our glorious meatball based has told me this himself.

2dl7v53.jpg

Turkey or Türkiye in ancient Swedish means "Land of Conspiracy Theorists" after all, for Kampradturk has often glimpsed the future after consuming the holy Akvavit.

Tür meaning "Conspiracy Theories" and Kiye meaning Land in some contexts.

Úlfheðinn said:
Antonis said:
And to continue this hilarius effort of linguistic exploration, here is the explanation of another nice word: ancalimon. The name of the prophet that showed us the way of the Kampradturk.

Ancalimon is no prophet of Kampradturk, for he serves the Catholic Church and the Christian conspiracy to hide the fact the Swedish is the original language and IKEA was the first/greatest country in the world.

Kampradturk, our glorious meatball based has told me this himself.

2dl7v53.jpg

Turkey or Türkiye in ancient Swedish means "Land of Conspiracy Theorists" after all, for Kampradturk has often glimpsed the future after consuming the holy Akvavit.

Tür meaning "Conspiracy Theories" and Kiye meaning Land in some contexts.
Naaaay, I refutes you.

Ancalimon works in Kampradturk's Media department. He's doing it to create TRP for Kampradturk's latest TV program, "Swede in Suedes".

You are clearly part of the Christian conspiracy, you poor ignorant bastard.

It is clear you are a false prophet, largely because there is not a single Swedish word in any of the names of the departments you mention.

Kampradturk like the first human beings, speaks and writes in Swedish...because Swedish is the original language, Turkish is only the bi-product of the drunken ramblings of the glorious Swedes who were sent to guard the East.

ModusTollens said:
Alright, once again, this time without quoting from articles: I don't think this specific, reiterated claim ("they" - be it Indo-European scholars, some churches, the Western/Eastern World - are racists against Turks/Basques/Finns/Hungarians/Germans/Marsians whatever) was covered in any of the cited articles. It's also common among amateur "linguists" and conspiracy theorists in general to confuse and mix the Indo European languages (or the work of linguists) with arbitrary claims about some kind of Indo-European people(s).

The idealised, reconstructed Proto-Indo European language (PIE) was never actually spoken by anyone (what a shock). There are no (serious) claims among (contemporary and most of the former) linguists concerning Indo-European people(s). Those have the same scientific status as the Bigfoot - there will always be people claiming to have found them but there's no scientific proof whatsoever. But both of those are of no consequence for a hypothetical PIE - simply because it works as a thesis.

It not only can be used to show and explain the relations between individual, natural languages (through sound laws (Lautverschiebung) being only one example) but also to make predictions/give explanations of sound patterns (Lautgestalt) of actually spoken but not always passed words of (for example) extinct languages or ancestors/pre-stages of contemporary languages. In some cases later findings of written sources confirmed the primarly only reconstructed expressions (for example in the case of Gothic), or in cases where they didn't fit, led to a change of the principles (Verner's law being one of many examples).

As it's the case with, again for example, Etruscan, archaeology and linguistics work together - for example in the case of the relation between Etruscan and Raetic. (For the theory and documents concerning the relation between Etruscan and Raetic cf. Helmut RIX, Rätisch und Etruskisch. In: Innsbrucker Beiträge zur Sprachwissenschaft, Vorträge und kleinere Schriften 68 (199:cool:.; if you can bear the layout and font - especially the colour - you can download the Spring 2003 newsletter of the Institute of Etruscan and Italic studies from here which contains a  review of Rix', who sadly died in a car accident in 2004, article (pages 18-20); the review also includes a (shortened) example of how such comparative, historical linguistics actually works.)

As far as linguistics as a science is concerned there are no speculations concering Indo-Europeans (as there are also no speculations, for example, concercing the origin of the Etruscans) and there's no illusion about the actual reality of a/one/the spoken PIE (there are many (explanatory) theories why there are those obvious relations between the different Indo-European languages though - still nothing about some Indo-European people(s) themselves). There will always be some lunatics claiming they found ("the real") Indo-Europeans in Scandinavia, the Black Sea area or somewhere else (and other lunatics arguing against it; as it's the case with all these alleged, single and unique Urvölker: see everything ancalimon ever wrote) - but that's of no concern for linguistics and certainly doesn't proof some kind of illusionary racist, religious conspiracy and/or Eurocentrism of (contemporary) Indo-European scholars or linguists in general.

All of the above is of course illegitimately abbreviating and therefore not strictly accurate (or accurate at all) - but seeing which thread this is (and considering that there are hundreds of (up to date) books about it for anyone being genuinly interested in (historical, comparative) lingustics (or etymology), as well as the possibility to actually study it instead of using "google translate" in an eternal search for "sound pattern similiarities" between contemporary languages) I think I rightfully don't care.

I still have nearly 2 weeks of vacation and it seems I'm already bored - Kampradturk obviously abandoned me.
Geezus man.
This is all interesting and everything, I actually enjoy these topics very much, but I do hope you know how hopeless your posts are. :razz:

Wellenbrecher said:
Geezus man.
This is all interesting and everything, I actually enjoy these topics very much, but I do hope you know how hopeless your posts are. :razz:
I'm posting in a thread of someone who compares "sound patterns", while writing about aliens and Atlantis; of course it's hopeless and I'm fully aware of it (also it's the internet, or more general: people and their unique and solely true convictions are involved). That's why I more or less only occasionaly read the thread for nearly 3 years - but I'm bored right now (and really thought the stuff about the "THT" was interesting when I read about it, and I would never have done so without this thread (the same's true for some articles about some languages I never cared about). So the least I can do is to invest some hours for ancalimon so he can laugh about the racist, eurocentric stupidity of us indoctrinated and hocussed people while he's seeing the truth listening to the soft computer voice of google translate).

Antonis said:
And to continue this hilarius effort of linguistic exploration, here is the explanation of another nice word: ancalimon. The name of the prophet that showed us the way of the Kampradturk. My research showed three results(scientifically tested,of course):
1)anca- perhaps from the ancient Egyptian symbol "Ankh", which meant eternal life (key of life)
-limon - Old French limon, from Provençal or Italian from Arabic "laimun", from Persian" limu(n)", generic terms for citrus fruits
Alltogether, "ancalimon" is the fruit of life.

2)an- privative prefix, from Greek an-, "not, without," related to ne- and cognate with Sanskrit an-, Latin in-, Gothic and Old English "un-"
cali- this is derived from Kali(the K was fallen to C, because some old indian coots were toothless) the Hindu goddess of Time and Change(and Death). The word comes from kāla, which means black, time, death, lord of death(as in time has come).
mon - the old gaelic word for "island".
Combining those, "ancalimon" means the island without time(or the island whose time has come), no doubt referring to Atlantis. It is common knowledge that the survivors of Atlantis established a new kingdom in the depths of Asia Minor, emerging centuries later as the Turks!

And, finally 3)Tar-Ancalimon was a name of a great Numenorean king. But since this was born inside Mr. Tolkien's mind, we have to deduce that it is notscientifically granted as a proper word. Although, a known linguist(whose name I will not reveal, because of modesty :oops: ) has developed a theory that assosciated the sinking of Numenor with Atlantis(see explanation #2)

Conclusion: I am a linguist and we all should pay our respects to ancalimon the Eternal Pothead.

Sources: My imagination, wikipedia, Lord of the Rings and some shrooms...

Now please tell me what those meanings that you have written above (island without time)  have anything to the with the real meaning of my nickname which is "just lemon".  What I do is nothing like this. But people have difficulty grasping this idea.  (and lemon is not a Turkic word. As far as I know it doesn't have any roots at all)...

For example, I never said something like: The English word  "to catch" comes from Turkic "keçi" meaning "goat" because goats are always running away and people always shout "keçi!" (to alert other that its running away) so that someone catches it.    (although all of it might be true even though it's one in a million) What you have written above is not even something like this! :smile:

Dude, I know that these have nothing to do with your nickname...It was my imagination and some sources, all wildly composed. But now maybe you can understand in what state of mind most of us find ourselves after one of your "linguistic explanations"...Try and take my sarcastic post as a guide of what to avoid saying.

Antonis said:
Dude, I know that these have nothing to do with your nickname...It was my imagination and some sources, all wildly composed. But now maybe you can understand in what state of mind most of us find ourselves after one of your "linguistic explanations"...Try and take my sarcastic post as a guide of what to avoid saying.

I always explain the background. The Turkic words I find are 100% related with the real meaning of those foreign words; most of the time, to some extend that the word itself is a Turkic sentence that explains what it is in true Turkic:

For example let me give you the chance of empathy.  Think that there is a Turkish word: "peopledothiswhentheyaresad" meaning "to cry".  If I was not who I am but the English version of ancalimon, I would have been the person that was saying: This Turkish word comes from English! It's "people do this when they are sad"and it is "to cry"...

And you would be the person making fun of o me telling me that yes.  And Sauron in Lord of The Rings came from "Saw run" meaning he "saw him run".

:roll:

Let me give you some insight into our line of thought anaclimon, we aren't crazy nationalists and most of us aren't the slightest bit religious, it doesn't bother us if something is Turkic, Arabic, German, English, French, Spanish or Italian.

It does however bother us when you make stuff up, ignore arguments that don't suit your purposes of proving Turkish is the original langue, claim things without providing reasonable proof, randomly change your opinion when your own statements don't corroborate such as your two completely different explanations for "circle" or simply make excuses when it is shown that you have no real understanding of the etymology of most English words for example circus, which you had no idea was originally not a "tent" because you were operating only on modern usage of the word.

Then we are accused of being ignorant, deceived or slaves of some global conspiracy because we don't accept what amounts to little more than creative thinking and your attempts to "puzzle" together an explanation which fits your viewpoint.

I mean ****, present me a proper objective paper that would survive any sort of "peer review" actually employ real linguistics in your explanations and use sources other than your "conspiracy bloggers" and I am more than willing to examine the matter.

Back
Top Bottom