Improve your bloody grammar!

Users who are viewing this thread

In the third sentence you could replace the second "I think" with "in my opinion". Sounds more smooth. I also dont think you can place a comma in that sentence but I'm not absolutely sure about that. You should remove it anyway because it could be wrong.

"They think teachers are kind of wises"
Sounds stupid to me. I don't think it's wrong but I'd definitely replace the "kind of".

:lol:

I proofread the entire thing:
dumbledoor QQ said:
Have you ever thought about how important teachers are? I think teachers do one of the most important things in the world. I believe this because education is the most important thing for humanity's progress.
  In addition, teaching is difficult. Especially in high schools or primary schools because teachers have to control the class and make students be quiet. In primary or high schools there are thirty students in the classes. Try to imagine how difficult that is.
  In addition, teachers have a very important responsibility to children under fifteen because they have a high influence on them. Children believe in whatever teachers say. They think teachers are wise.
  By the way, their memory is unbelievable. Can you imagine how they keep all these things in their mind? For example my history teacher: he can talk about world history for weeks, I guess. It's perfect! I would really like to have a good memory like him.
  Apart from these things, it's good to be friends with them. The reason is they're usually older than you and therefore have more life experience so they can give advice on your problems.
  As I said, teachers have the most important job in my opinion.  Remember, when you talk you are only repeating what you already know, but if you listen you may learn something new. Knowledge is power. More power to you teachers!
Some sentences can still be improved, but I was afraid to change what you mean too much (it's not always clear).
Generally you should learn not to repeat yourself so much.
And most importantly change whatever school system you have! Kissing teachers' asses like that is unbearable to read  :iamamoron:

Docm30 said:
Do you really think you should be giving out advice on the English language?

I guess what you said is just your traditional assholery but what was wrong about my advice(s)?

A, **** you. B, I was being genuine. Your post is riddled with mistakes and your advice is all wrong. That's fine---I can understand you clearly, but I just don't think you should be trying to teach a language you haven't got a complete grasp on.

What the hell is wrong with my spelling lately? I just spelled "opposed" as "aposed". Earlier in a different thread I spelled "envisioned" as "invisoned". Feel like such a dib****  :dead:

Tatari_okan said:
And you have spelled dip**** wrong just now. I am not sure whether you did it on purpose or you genuienly mispelled it though.
Actually, I originally had dip ****, which I then changed to dip****, which got changed a third time to dib****. Can't remember why I changed it that third time though. I figured somebody would call me out for it too.

Recently, my friend told me that a place would be “open from ten to five”, and it took me longer than usual to realise what he actually meant. A minor point, but an important distinction.

"If you was bleach and I was hair I wouldn't die for ya" can someone explain what does this sentence mean?

It means that somebody doesn't like you. Bleach can be used as a dye and as you might know you can dye your hair in various colours. I'ts a play of words, dye as in recolouring something and die (to stop living). You might have a peer which you would be ready to give your life for but this person wouldn't do so for you.

Back
Top Bottom