Impressions 0.8

Users who are viewing this thread

My first impression is abundance of money in contrast to 0.7. Especially from loots. I got 2 remington armys from a battle with a small group(about 10), which is the ultimate killing machine to me. Also selling rifles brings huge amounts of money. And also you can loot lots of horses.

But i must test more to say anything certain.

I love the new Shotgun's. I've only used the Sawed-Off Pistol and Double Barrel but I love the pistol. I use that and a carbine with 1 bag of pistol ammo and 1 bag of rifle.

New bandits, deserters and stuff makes me find much more battles on the map and i don't get bored so.  :grin:

The map's a bit too small and there aren't enough locations for the amount of parties we have atm.
Money is just a bit off-balance, but it's less frustrating than 0.7.
The start-up curve is ehm... well, it's just not there  :???: You get thrown into the action right away, for example: I started just besides the Rio Grande near El Rio, and was surrounded by 4 bandit parties (CSA, Imperialists,...) with over 20 troops each...

First of all, congrats on a terrific mod. One of the best i've ever played. My biggest complaint though is that the comanches are still insanely overpowered. And it also seems to me that the US never seem to group together to fight back. I often have to help defend camps where the ratio of comanches to US troopers far exceeds 3 to 1, just so the the indians don't take over the whole US state. This wouldn't be frustrating if the damned comanches wouldn't be so accurate and deadly with their weapons. An arrow still scores more damage than a round from my henry rifle. I mean it's really frustrating having to score 2-3 times to kill the guy when he scores a 90 with a bow from half a mile away. Maybe if the commanches were closer to the apaches in strength it would add more realism.  Other than that, the level of detail you guys went in to is amazing, and the mod is fantastic. Thanks for all the good times:grin:

Haine said:
Anyone else not been able to find any of the old companions? specifically Dr Valentine?

EVery US saloon has featured a new compagnon to me so far, so I haven't got a clue about the old ones :smile:

Peralta said:
Haine said:
Anyone else not been able to find any of the old companions? specifically Dr Valentine?

EVery US saloon has featured a new compagnon to me so far, so I haven't got a clue about the old ones :smile:

Well that sucks immensely. These new companions are utterly ****e. :/ Hell Dr Valentine was the only companion I found useful. (For his obvious talents)

None of the new companions have any sort of skill focus to them.

I love the progress so far though I still think the ammo for both the rifle and pistol should be merged, now more than ever due to the new munitions system.

Perdikas said:
I love the progress so far though I still think the ammo for both the rifle and pistol should be merged, now more than ever due to the new munitions system.
It ain't quite realistic, but adding double-ammo pouches would be nice. I hate it that it's not possible to have a rifle, pistol and a melee weapon due to the ammo slot requirement

After playing this new version for a couple of hours i can say it looks a lot more polished. The new animations are cool (love those new pistol and rifle stances), the new ammo quantity system fits good and the models/textures/sounds/music add a lot of inmersion. Also the world looks much more alive now, never ending never stop.

Kudos to you guys, its much better.

BTW Hats with hair?. Absolutly brilliant!.

Articulo34 said:
After playing this new version for a couple of hours i can say it looks a lot more polished. The new animations are cool (love those new pistol and rifle stances), the new ammo quantity system fits good and the models/textures/sounds/music add a lot of inmersion. Also the world looks much more alive now, never ending never stop.

Kudos to you guys, its much better.

BTW Hats with hair?. Absolutly brilliant!.

thanks for the detailed feedback  :wink:

Well I won't go into details nor repeat what has already been stated thus far. Al I can say right now is I love the fact that you guys added in a Confederate uniform for start up characters who 'fought for the Confederacy'. Now my character is complete, a lone and out man who lost more than he cares to remember after the South surrendered- making his living as a freelance gunman, getting enough coin to drown his misery away at the saloon. Anyway, great work again 1866 team.

Back
Top Bottom