[Idea] Merchant of War, as in the Magic Book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lokuul

Regular
As you mentioned, you wanted trade outside the kingdom, and mentioned  a "Merchant of War" feature. Well, maybe that could be implemented with a, say, siege engine. You can build siege engines (They take a long time and many resources), and then sell them outside the kingdom for profit (High profit based on quality and type), or you can use them yourself. If you use them yourself, they get put into your inventory, and while besieging a fortification, you can set it up, and fire various ammunitions depending on the siege weapon type. If it is a Catapult, it can fire Rocks, plague bodies, heads of your foes, or burning logs. Trebuchets fire the same things as catapults. Ballistae fire Large bolts or flaming bolts. You could even add in early Chinese gunpowder weapons if you so chose. Please, tell me what you think.

With regards,
Comrade Lokuul

Lokuul said:
As you mentioned, you wanted trade outside the kingdom, and mentioned  a "Merchant of War" feature. Well, maybe that could be implemented with a, say, siege engine. You can build siege engines (They take a long time and many resources), and then sell them outside the kingdom for profit (High profit based on quality and type), or you can use them yourself. If you use them yourself, they get put into your inventory, and while besieging a fortification, you can set it up, and fire various ammunitions depending on the siege weapon type. If it is a Catapult, it can fire Rocks, plague bodies, heads of your foes, or burning logs. Trebuchets fire the same things as catapults. Ballistae fire Large bolts or flaming bolts. You could even add in early Chinese gunpowder weapons if you so chose. Please, tell me what you think.

With regards,
Comrade Lokuul

I really do like this idea, we would need to consider models, and how to implement them... It'd be great to have other objects of seige weapons.

schmidy said:
Lokuul said:

With regards,
Comrade Lokuul
I am confused, other objects? What are you implying?

Confused,
Comrade Lokuul
I really do like this idea, we would need to consider models, and how to implement them... It'd be great to have other objects of seige weapons.

Confused,
Comrade Lokuul

I mean as in when you attack the castles that there are other objects around, not only a ladder or seige tower, so a balistae or a battering ram  :shock: would be nice, so you might not be able to use them during game play but they are there, thus have been used before the actual army attacks

schmidy said:

Confused,
Comrade Lokuul

I mean as in when you attack the castles that there are other objects around, not only a ladder or seige tower, so a balistae or a battering ram  :shock: would be nice, so you might not be able to use them during game play but they are there, thus have been used before the actual army attacks
Ah. I understand that, and that would be great.

With regards,
Comrade Lokuul

Back
Top Bottom