I need a Rumor log

Users who are viewing this thread

Poc said:
So, along the lines of what Volkier said, would the attained logbooks take the form of books in the inventory? I dunno, I like the integration with the encyclopedia idea better.

I hope Volkier was taking the piss.

I would be much more interested in not having it as an inventory item. It would be silly to have to use an inventory slot for your diary -given that a horse fits in one of those slots.

You might need another slot for your crayons too. Maybe once you get past 12 inteligence, you are allowed to use pencils?    :grin:

Yay, crayons. And we would use them to produce our impressions of the lords we've met.
And, of course, our fief, with an obligatory yellow shining sun abouve it:
Dis is myne fieffe, 'tis ossim! And dis is the whoule familye: Borscha, Ymire, Lezzalit ... (-:

Please, let's not make it more complicated than it needs to be.
Personally, though, I like the idea that the info we have would be somehow incomplete, or even false, depending on a source.
If you saw something yourself, it's accurate, if it's a rumor, chances are that it is at best incomplete.

spectre: said:
Personally, though, I like the idea that the info we have would be somehow incomplete, or even false, depending on a source.
If you saw something yourself, it's accurate, if it's a rumor, chances are that it is at best incomplete.

Perhaps rumors appear in a certain color unless the player observes them or substantiates them in some other way?

I have this thread  :arrow: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,37775.0.html about the claimant rebellion.  I would like rumors of the claimants and their location to pop up, too.

I like this idea a lot. It would only make sense that you would write down some of the things you heard. Or maybe give you the option.

EX:
The villagers say that cheese sells at Khudan.
Do you want to write this down?
Yes              No

Just a thought. Personaly I would put yes to everything, but maybe some people want a choice.

nice idea.

if you someone tells you of a lords personality, that could be added to his info screen (the character log or whatever it´s called) aswell :]

So whats rumors good for anyway? Whatever that lord personality is he always give me the same old quests anyway it seems.

Nedews said:
So whats rumors good for anyway? Whatever that lord personality is he always give me the same old quests anyway it seems.

I hope they fix that.  I think different outcomes for quests involving lord's would greatly increase the fun of quests.

For example

lords asking you to talk to the merchant instead of outright killing him.

lords who pay other lords back without any persuasion or payment on your part when you come to collect

lords who are okay when you accept only half taxes instead of driving the poor fellas into poverty

Art Falmingaid said:
I hope they fix that.  I think different outcomes for quests involving lord's would greatly increase the fun of quests.

For example

lords asking you to talk to the merchant instead of outright killing him.

lords who pay other lords back without any persuasion or payment on your part when you come to collect

lords who are okay when you accept only half taxes instead of driving the poor fellas into poverty

even lords that dont honor a deal.

I absolutely second the idea of a rumour log. Adding descriptions to existing encyclopedia pages seems like a natural way of doing it.

Also...
bladeofudun said:
Ooohh... a journal... maybe one that could auto-record your exploits? Or allow you to... embellish... which I'm sure nobody here does... your adventures? Maybe even make it exportable so it can be posted here...
...great idea! It's already working, in a way, since lords remember you and your fights with or alongside them. I recently was a part of a massive battle with about 800 men on each side and ever since then lords would call it "battle of XXX" when talking to me. Same goes for sieges. I am guessing that the mysterious minstrel Todo will one day sing songs of your exploits. :smile:

About lords' characteristics that you can get via rumours - I think it's already working - some lords will comment about you aiding another lord, and while some will approve thus raising your reputation rating while others would scoff such action revealing them to be of the less honourable sort. I am also seeing a pattern when it comes to the lords that would ask you to start wars with their neighbours.

On the idea of the auto-recording journal again - I see it as sort of histogram not unlike the one found in Civilization games. Of course that might be too big of a hassle to implement so something along the lines of "May 12th, fought battle with Lord Olaf, lost 12 men, killed 40, imprisoned 2; May 18th, looted and burned a village of XXX; May 20th, was taken prisoner by city guards of Sargtoh" etc etc would do just nicely. Good for remembering what happened recently for sure.

Volkier said:
On second thought - the in-game journal (in-game notepad) for you to write things down is a very nice alternative - especially as you can go further and have enemy bandits sabotage you by tearing out / altering pages in the said journal. You might also be able to loose one in combat, or also steal or loot one from the enemy, which hopefully would provide even more intel!

In all seriousness... the possibilities are indeed limitless!

I like this idea.. Make it an item that must be first purchased from a book seller, and then kept in inventory.. The only issue I have though is that it does need to have rumors (and only rumors) automatically added as entries, but we should be able to edit those entries or add in additional info. So it is dual purpose and CAN be lost, or sold.. If it has lots of rumors in it then it will be worth more to the bookseller. The text editing feature needs to be user friendly to some extent.. I don't mean fully featured like MS Word but it needs a basic search function and copy/paste functions.

I think this would be way cooler than just adding the info to the encyclopedia entries in game.

yeah but they should be connected the the locations and characters section
so i infinity it

alh_p said:
I think the rumours should be both integrated into the enciclopedia under each relevant heading (e.g. character/city), and also available in a dedicated rumour log -like the current "game log".

Plus, a free typing journal would be good.

All good suggestions!

:idea: you may laugh, but i think some sort of trade organiser would be good too, e.g. somewhere where the player can record trade prices (quantitative & rumours) and maybe also sort these according to cheapest/highest price. Would make setting up trade routes a lot more accessible. Its a bit off topic i know but hey... :wink:

I think this is the best idea. Getting all three features, that'd be great.

dont the prices of what sells for what and where always change. if the prices dont keep changeing on the other hand can you please give us a copy of your much wanted notebook thankyou

Back
Top Bottom