• 26 - 30

Votes: 26 11.7%
  • > 30

Votes: 15 6.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Rankine

Recruit
I already asked this in the Napoleonic Wars sub-board, but I'm also curious to know if there is any difference between the average age between NW and any other mod or native Warband.

h8EB5DF94

Please, elaborate your comment DoctorPainKiller XD

Maybe the non-structured battles are not so mature, but the regimental battles are quite other thing, right?

I can see you play Brytenwalda. I understand why that kind of mods may be more interesting to older gamers: realism and historical accuracy, but that's precisely the kind of things you find in regimental battles.

Rankine said:
Why?
I would think that the gameplay style in NW would appeal more to older gamers...
Hmm... just from personal experiences as a NW player.

I was there for the rise and fall of the biggest NW regiment that ever existed. The 21stBrit (it had 250+ active members at one point in time). It disbanded after the owner got frustrated with all the young immature members and as a quick solution, he decided to kick out everyone who was under... 17? I believe, I can't remember the exact age. All I remember is that we went from 250+ members to like... 30 in a single day, and I was the only one under 17 years of age to be allowed to stay in the regiment. Even after the offer, I pretty much refused and just stopped playing NW completely because of that and the NW patch that made combat slower.

Then later, I signed up as a mercenary for who knows what reason, and I ended up merc'ing for at least 8 different regiments.
In all of them, I heard an abundance of very young voices in team speak.

There is one thing I can tell you though. Most young people I know who play NW have no idea of the existence of these forums. They just play to play. And even the young ones I know who do, would probably say they are over 50 years old just for the lolz.

I would say that the majority of leadership positions and organizers are aged people, but as far as the main core of regiments, no.

I'm sorry to say this, but I don't see this as been successful, as it will be very inaccurate for many reasons, like joke/dishonesty, lack of knowledge of the existence of these forums, etc.

And you bring up gameplay style... eh... all you need to do to is listen for when to move, when to stop, and when to shoot, I don't see how that is complicated enough to say that it's made for an older age group. I distinctly remember an 8 year old in 21stBrit who was probably one of the most organized and decent at fighting in the regiment. Other than his annoying squeaky voice in team speak, he outperformed most people.

If anything, I would say that most young people prefer to play NW because it's easier to kill people and there's a lot more people that make it look very cool and awesome. But I would say a slightly older age group would prefer native or c-RPG because it requires a higher skill set, you need to put mire time and effort into the game if you want to be good. I see native skill transfer into NW skill all the time, but very rarely NW skill transfer to native skill. I say this because it's typical for younger people to get frustrated quickly when they aren't winning, so they will just look for something easier so they have better chances of winning.

Besides, for some reason, whenever I think of a native player, I think of Snoop, and when I think of the amount of drunken late night stories he tells, I imagine him being like 1000 years old.  :mrgreen:

Rankine said:
Please, elaborate your comment DoctorPainKiller XD

Maybe the non-structured battles are not so mature, but the regimental battles are quite other thing, right?

I can see you play Brytenwalda. I understand why that kind of mods may be more interesting to older gamers: realism and historical accuracy, but that's precisely the kind of things you find in regimental battles.

I'm 16, though anyone who heard my voice on TS would disagree with me. I was in one NW regiment, and hated it. Everyone sounded like they were 12, except the leader, who was a 30 year old German lady. Not a repeat experience. Just because it's organized doesn't mean it will necessarily attract older players.  Native honestly requires a lot more skill, as the fights are usually smaller, ranging fro 7v7 up to at most probably 12v12.

Rankine said:
hmm, interesting. Thank you.

And that does not happen with other multiplayer mods?

Other than native, PW, and NW, I haven't really played any other mods (I played c-RPG for like a day, but I got tired of glancing on people with my sickle, I don't like level-based games that much.) But I have watched a few videos of bear force battles and mount and gladius battles, but it's like NW all over again, a lot of young voices everywhere.

Yeah, I guess that's true... They have a lot of time and they are really attracted to multiplayer online gaming.

I enjoy myself creating my own story in single player more than just killing stuff in multiplayer...which is also good, don't take me wrong XD

Hi, my name is Muzzle. I'm 30 and i am addicted to warband. :shock:

From my total hours i'd say 95% has been on native mp. The rest 5% goes to sp and mods/nw.
From my point of view the age of 17 seems to be quite average among native players.
On our clan there has been only once an older player than myself. If i remember right, he was 34 or something.
Only once i've heard child's voice over ts on our clan events.

I believe that most of the older players don't ever join any clans, nor use these forums.
Most of them probably just play silently. Let's hope this poll proves me totally wrong.

I think most of the people in competitive native Warband clans are ages between 16 and 25, inclusive. From my experience in meeting with and talking with quite a few of them, both on the forums and in vent/teamspeak/mumble, I rarely saw players younger than that with tags on and players older than that are also quite rare (I can think of four off the top of my head that I think are older than 25). Of course I don't know everyone, but I know a pretty big sample of them.

Considering that those are the players that have stuck to the game for the longest time, and most other players are transient, I'd say they make up the core of the player base and are representative of its demographics.

Muzzle of CC said:
I believe that most of the older players don't ever join any clans, nor use these forums.
Most of them probably just play silently. Let's hope this poll proves me totally wrong.

I'm early 30's, and I use these forums, as you can see.  :wink:

I'm not good enough to be in a clan though.  :razz:

Orion said:
I think most of the people in competitive native Warband clans are ages between 16 and 25, inclusive. From my experience in meeting with and talking with quite a few of them, both on the forums and in vent/teamspeak/mumble, I rarely saw players younger than that with tags on and players older than that are also quite rare (I can think of four off the top of my head that I think are older than 25). Of course I don't know everyone, but I know a pretty big sample of them.

Considering that those are the players that have stuck to the game for the longest time, and most other players are transient, I'd say they make up the core of the player base and are representative of its demographics.

Have 4 of them who are older than 25 in wK :razz:

Cradoc said:
Orion said:

/sigh

CalamityuP said:
Cradoc said:
Orion said:

/sigh
TMW also has 4, but if you factor in mok our average age goes down to about 10

Hey! I'm 28!

Older players coupe better with discipline and native requires tons of it to be successful. I believe the average will be around 18.

CalamityuP said:
Cradoc said:
Orion said:

/sigh

You're the one who revealed it to everyone here not me :razz:

That makes 5, then. Six now, with Maynd. The only other person I can think of besides some guys in wK and Maynd is Mad Dawg. :lol:

There might be one or two in Wappaw, and I have no idea about GK. I also honestly forgot about Snoop.

Back
Top Bottom