How long do lame horses take to heal?

Users who are viewing this thread

right, if I can go off-topic from mind-altering substances for a moment and onto the craaaaazy tangent of how long it takes for a lame horse to heal, just wanted to mention that yes, they DO eventually heal, but it takes a very significant amount of time. Your best bet is to buy a spare horse and leave the lame one in your inventory and just check every so often.

It might be possible to make a bit of cash picking up lam horses from merchants, healing them, and reselling, but somehow I doubt it.

Blade said:
heh, maybe he smoked something bad and thats why his posts today are weird! :lol:

Nah, it's those blue pills... The red in the morning, blue in the evening. Unfortunately he took blue in the morning so...

Hmm with lame horses becoming normal again, wouldn't it be cool to make stubborn ones by letting them run freely with the party? Of course there must be a plenty of peasants to stop it from completely run away.

IMO, stubborn horses are teh best. So healing them is crap, I always just sell 'em and buy a sprited or a stubborn one instead. That compared to a nice riding skill and the khergits are as good as dead.

On a related subject then:

How can I keep my horse healthy longer? I swear I get unhorsed every other battle and maybe every 3rd or 4th unhorsing it's lamed. I've actually kept a lame horse in my inventory until it became healthy again and then lamed it the first time I used it. What gives, is it just me? OK, some things would seem obvious; but it's pretty apparent to me that if you're going to fight from horseback you're going to get your horse in harms way. How much does the armoring help on the more expensive warhorses/chargers/etc?

The first thing I bought when I got a little money was a heavy hunter. Heavy - not spirited. It is fast enough and it has some armor to keep through the battle. And of course when I bought a spirited charger all the horse related problems disappeared.

Mr_PeaCH said:
On a related subject then:

How can I keep my horse healthy longer? I swear I get unhorsed every other battle and maybe every 3rd or 4th unhorsing it's lamed. I've actually kept a lame horse in my inventory until it became healthy again and then lamed it the first time I used it. What gives, is it just me? OK, some things would seem obvious; but it's pretty apparent to me that if you're going to fight from horseback you're going to get your horse in harms way. How much does the armoring help on the more expensive warhorses/chargers/etc?

It's been theorized that horse HP recovers slowly over time outside of battle, so maybe your horse is just perpetually at low Hp and so gets knocked down more easily, lkeading to a higher rate of horse crippling. I think the in-game percentage is now 20%? So perhaps a second good horse and switching them around now and then might help overall, if you can afford that. I usually try not to fight on my own horse if I can help it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom