How do you have a child in warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

I heard about a mod that made by Chinese that you can have children and they become lords of your kingdom.. the point is I dont remember the name or the site........  ╮(╯_╰)╭

Flaming Eyes said:
@cocoman213: Errr, have you tried...

Alright, no, you can't. However, it would be very interesting to mod it. I am pretty sure it can be moded, one way or another. Though, I have no idea how to mod it.

I think i could mod it in, i have modded a lot of games but it would take a lot of concentration which i kind of lack.
mildly_evil_genius said:
To go along with child implementing, the addition of advanced medieval politics would be nice.  For the aging process I would say that another feature I've been thinking of would be nice as well:  letting large amounts of time pass.  If you've got a regular income and large enough garrisons it should just go however many years the player wishes with a few small calculated territorial changes happening.  If garrisons or income level are not enough, the time passing interrupts and requires that you fix it or experience the consequences such as bankruptcy and losing everything you've got other than what's on your character/companions.

There is a small chunk of code in the module_scripts.py i found that could be potentially modified to work for the aging.

Code:
#This is probably unnecessarily complicated, but can support a multi-generational mod
	("age_troop_one_year",
    [
	(store_script_param, ":troop_no", 1),

(troop_get_type, ":is_female", ":troop_no"),

(troop_get_slot, ":age", ":troop_no", slot_troop_age),
	(troop_get_slot, ":appearance", ":troop_no", slot_troop_age_appearance),

(val_add, ":age", 1),
	(store_random_in_range, ":addition", 1, 5),

(try_begin),
		(eq, ":is_female", 1),
#		(val_add, ":addition", 2), #the women's age slider seems to produce less change than the male one - commented out: makes women look too old.
	(try_end),

(val_add, ":appearance", ":addition"),
	(try_begin),
		(gt, ":age", 45),
		(store_attribute_level, ":strength", ":troop_no", ca_strength),
		(store_attribute_level, ":agility", ":troop_no", ca_agility),
		(store_random_in_range, ":random", 0, 50), #2% loss brings it down to about 36% by age 90, but of course can be counteracted by new level gain
		(try_begin),
			(lt, ":random", ":strength"),
			(troop_raise_attribute, ":troop_no", ca_strength, -1),
		(try_end),
		(try_begin),
			(lt, ":random", ":agility"),
			(troop_raise_attribute, ":troop_no", ca_agility, -1),
		(try_end),
	(try_end),

(val_clamp, ":appearance", 1, 100),

(troop_set_slot, ":troop_no", slot_troop_age, ":age"), 
	(troop_set_slot, ":troop_no", slot_troop_age_appearance, ":appearance"), 
	(troop_set_age, ":troop_no", ":appearance"),
	]),

While I don't see much progress on this, maybe a mod or solution or whatever has been found over at the warband section of the forums?

Not that I don't enjoy the fact that someone is still posting in the original M&B area, but it's slightly off-topic and the chance that everyone from warband who could help actually checks here is small

Oskatat said:
While I don't see much progress on this, maybe a mod or solution or whatever has been found over at the warband section of the forums?

Not that I don't enjoy the fact that someone is still posting in the original M&B area, but it's slightly off-topic and the chance that everyone from warband who could help actually checks here is small

Considering the games are very much the same, being a bit off topic doesn't matter as much in terms of it could also be added to M&B and not just Warband. but yeah, it is a bit off topic and not many people check unless they do a massive forum search like i did to find this page.

You can.in mount and blade warband Viking conquest, love a woman and all that,marry her, then press something like have a baby or do the thing , and she's pregnant,wait 9 ingame months and get a kid

Scyrius said:
I dont see the point of even thinking about having children in Warband. Its not that type of game. You marry for political reasons so having kids would only be useful if their age was excellerated and they could be your heir if you died in game or something along those lines. But in general I'd say a pretty pointless .

Kid you think kings,heroes ,lords, etc. , didn't have little children in the olden times?, than your wrong they did , and loved them(most of the time) ,wouldn't you want a heir, like when you died, and play him or her as young age,a little kid as a warrior? Well I' do,and as much , why do you build schools in villages when there aren't any children at all?only in Viking conquest they have that. 

I'd love to do that, like be a kid, fight with your pet dog,steal things when needed,and if that were in every mod, king tut would be a no one(he was king at an age of 9).

Back
Top Bottom