LSP 3D Art Great Helm Add-On v.1.8 (Updated 06.02.10)

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't expect Warband to be released within the next six months, but I wouldn't suggest modding in the meantime, either. Atleast nothing extreme. I feel bad for the 'The Last Days' guys. I think that mod has gotten too big for it's britches. They've been struggling to keep up with the changing of versions. It seemed like when v.1.0 was finally released, they'd get a chance to catch up, but I'm not certain they'll release before Warband. For what I'm doing, though.. I can edit textures for any version.

A bit of progress on one of the other designs:

Anything is possible. I didn't expect myself to become engrossed in this project. I wouldn't mind doing some variations of the burgonet released by Barf, or working on a sugar loaf great helm.

Issue resolved with top of visor:

Revision of earlier design:

This should be done:

Fixed some clipping issues on the silver great helm above and colored the visor on the copper great helm and upped the contrast:

Based off the maciejowski design:

Adorno said:
Uhh, I like that last one - stripped of all the fancy ornamental stuff, just with holes for the essential things: the eyes and breathing

agreed. very utilitarian.  good for beginning character with no renown, etc.

i also like the maciejowski-based helm. 

I think the bascinet would be a good object for changes.
The native bascinet looks a bit like this - without the nose protection:
http://www.gemstone.net/etimes/et9/images/basinet.jpg

It could also be more crude:
http://historyshop.piratemerch.com/images/medieval_helmet_300406.jpg

I was thinking you could add nice patterns and what not to it. Just a thought.

I was hoping you had something in mind  :smile:

But imagine this (bascinet):

combined with this (guard helmet):

Perhaps the leather rim holding the mailel on the bascinet would cover the front also.
Or the maille of the bascinet put on the guard helmet.
There's also plenty of free space on the bascinet for patterns...

That would look cool I think. I don't like the maille on the basinet, it is fat and clips annoyingly. I wish more helmets were like the new full helm, that is what all helmets with maille or neck covering should be done like.

How do I include this in the source code, so that every time I recompile my mod I don't have to reinstall this over and over again?

You add them in module_items. py, but for that you'd need to have the module system set up and ready, first.

Also; thanks again Septa. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom