Gangs of Glasgow - The Old Firm - Part 1 - RELEASED JAN. 6th 2011!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Yup, it's the same guy.  He has one of them amputation fetishes... soon as he loses a limb, the urge to fap overcomes him.  As you see in the second vid, though, therapy is having an impact, and he no longer faps when he gets dismembered - just throws a bit of a fit and staggers around the place.

Just realised, there is only one, hardcoded shield breaking sound - so every shield in the game will now make the sound of an arm getting sliced through...  A shame, but I reckon that's a price worth paying.

FrisianDude said:
Flanged said:
but might work for weird mutants
Seems perfect for this mod, then. :grin:

I have a cunning plan... but probably not for this version.  It's going to take some work, and I hate that.

That guy has a problem, seriously! :lol:

The video is bloody awesome I must say. Keep up the good work!

JDeNef13

Ah, it's looking even better now thanks to Somebody (that's his name) over on The Forge.  In fact I can now finally say, for certain, that it's going to work as planned - and so is nearly every other feature I wanted to put in! 

Today's been a good day.  It's all coming together.  Might still take a while before release, though, due to scene building and some more new models that need completed - but it's actually going to WORK!  :shock: :grin:

Adorno said:
So it's working, and with a dismemberment sound. You know what that means: one more video  :smile:

It will either be tommorrow (which is today, since it's 6.48 am here) or the day after, which is the day after today, but I'll soon get another video up showing the full beauty of this limb severance.  I need to work on the sound a bit, since it's not just the chopping sound itself that will be included in the shield_broken.ogg... 

This is my way of getting around the eternally repeating sound that goes with the script... but no one cares about that, do they?

You just want to see a good armchopping, like the Saudis do it, and soon enough you will!  :grin:

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3dp_cEYWYQ  :grin:

The spurting blood is not so visible in the vid as it is in-game - it looks good when you're playing.  I'll probably re-make the body and arm now so that they meet up more smoothly when he's moving about... now that the code works there's nothing to hold me back.

As for overall news, everything's going great!  I'm even starting to understand how things work now!  :lol: 

Bloody amazing! I noticed it said 'severed arm equip'. Would be fun if you could pick it up (but I guess not since it's a 'broken shield').
Love how he just stands there twitching in pain and then falls to the ground.
The scenery is improved too. Nice job.

You CAN pick it up and use it as a shield, but it breaks very easy and flies off again - and it looks dumb because it kind of merges with the arm that already exists.  What I'd love is if you could pick it up and use it as a weapon - either throwing or as a club! 

Do you think the sound's okay?  I can maybe have more than one variant on it, so they don't always react the same way.

The scenery is taking a long time - trying to get it as real as possible, with a lot more detail and destructible and moving objects around. 

Holy crap! I cant wait to play this! Awesome!

EDIT:

HAHAHAHA! just watched the latest video. Dismemberment! had to call the wife over for
a peek. wonderful!

neil_v said:
Holy crap! I cant wait to play this! Awesome!

EDIT:

HAHAHAHA! just watched the latest video. Dismemberment! had to call the wife over for
a peek. wonderful!

A little update on progress:  I've decided to make the mod a two-parter now, so part 1 should be coming along ... when it's ready.  :grin:  the unzipped download might seem large for a Quick Battle mod - around 250 Mbs - but there is good reason for it.

The full-size stadium will not be reached till part 2 - it needs a lot of work and new scene props, which would take too long right now.  First, in part 1, you will have to take over an area and prove yourself worthy to lead the local hooligans by undergoing traditional trials of manhood (pub fights against the old leaders, assassination of undercover cops, stealth missions, and hopefully a little bit of diplomacy if it's possible to do that in the Quick Battle format).

There should be around ten battles in each part, but they are mostly not traditional large-scale battles.  Gameplay will be pretty varied for the M&B engine.  Just hoping I can pull off all the stuff I want to do.

Flanged said:
First, in part 1, you will have to take over an area and prove yourself worthy to lead the local hooligans by undergoing traditional trials of manhood (pub fights against the old leaders, assassination of undercover cops, stealth missions, and hopefully a little bit of diplomacy if it's possible to do that in the Quick Battle format).

There should be around ten battles in each part, but they are mostly not traditional large-scale battles.  Gameplay will be pretty varied for the M&B engine.  Just hoping I can pull off all the stuff I want to do.

Is this for Part 1 ?

Yes, there will be fewer large scale battles in part 1, but by part2 the groundwork for provoking a riot will have been laid, and then it will all kick off at the football.

Tuckles said:
Love the team names Flanged. :lol:

Aye, they took a lot of imagination!  I was up all night dreaming up Celtic and Rangers.  :lol:

Tuckles said:
Can you maybe put Naismith in the Rangers as an easter egg? xD

I did want to put numbers on all the player's backs, and have some named heroes from each team (including folk like Larsson who aren't around anymore) but I don't want sued into the ground.  Can't get away with associating the players or the clubs with the sectarian angle too much, at least not using their names - and hasn't Neil Lennon been assaulted enough in real life already?  :grin:

If you wanted to rename a player hero through the text files to be Steven Naismith, though, I'd have no liability for that, hehe.

Lord Mur said:
This looks revolutionary... amazing. I ama amazed. You LAD

Thanks, m'Lord.

You probably really dont want to hear this question but I cant help it...
Do you know roughly when it will be released ? Well part 1 anyway ?

Chricky said:
You probably really dont want to hear this question but I cant help it...
Do you know roughly when it will be released ? Well part 1 anyway ?

I'd hoped to have it out by now, but then I got a load of dumb new ideas I wanted to add.  I hope it will be done by next Friday... or maybe sooner.  But it's not a promise of any kind.  I never know when some bizarre, unprecedented problem is going to appear out of nowhere and beat me into the ground - both in the mod and real life.  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom