SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

the free cities are a nice addition,  they make a good place to start your own kingdom without any of the major factions being next door to you. 
about the arrows/bolts      i havent seen any in a while now.  they kind of dissapeared as time went on in the game :S
also the free cities lords have no clothes or weapons not even in battle.

EDIT:  found another bug with my companion made lord, jasper rivers i think,  i bought him new high stat armour when he was my companion, now hes a lord he chooses to wear peasant clothing in battle .....        bit strange

EDIT2: it would be nice if you could add dothraki as mercenaries, you got the unsullied infantry , ghiscari archers  why not dothraki cavalry :smile:

Well, I got interested in M&B a few days ago because I heard there was an ASOIAF mod in the works (since the dawn of time, though...). Wasn't this one, of course, but here you come with an actual release :grin: And I've got to say, it rocks even in this still kinda lackluster early beta incarnation :wink:

I hadn't the time to play into it a whole lot: as an M&B newbie I'm spending most of the time getting the hang of the mod files, but while I was tinkering with them I noticed that you are using the troop tree of the "custom troops" (those for the player_faction culture once you claim your own crown) for The Reach. I understand why this was a needed expedient to fit in all these major factions each one with their own troops, but I believe in the future, in more polished versions of your mod it could be really worth to free them up again. A mixed roster based on the units from the eastern continent and not otherwise represented in Westeros (or in the nearest Free Cities) would be perfect to play your claim to the Iron Throne as a returning Targaryen. Hell, M&B actually forces you to play in the shoes of a *Beggar King* for a good while, it would be definitely fitting :razz:

EDIT: Uhm, actually, in the troops file they seem to be correctly set to the player faction... it's the ingame trees viewer that must be screwed by the unexpected huge amounts of factions, it also seem to incorrectly report the Ironborn tree under The Vale faction, for instance, or the Lannisters only producing outlaws... oh well.

BTW, while the reported odd diplomatic shenanigans are definitely there (as it is to be expected in a still young beta), I'm really happy to see the Free Cities represented. Most mods depicting ASOIAF in several games (like Westeros TW, to name one) usually cut them out, but especially here I find them to be the perfect starting place for your adventures, as you aren't forced to stick your nose in the core of the War of the Five Kings from day 1.

Anyway, once again, great work, for a one-man effort this first beta is truly amazing, and is bound to quench my ASOIAF thirst for a good while :smile:

I have a problem, the whole weekend I tried to fix it but it just doesn`t work.
When it starts the game, at the middle of "loading" I receive the message: error at texture: byrnie_a_....
Please help, I really want to try this mod!
thanks

which is the good link the one of the m&b repository, because the other gave me the error at texture: byrnie_a_...

micot said:
I have a problem, the whole weekend I tried to fix it but it just doesn`t work.
When it starts the game, at the middle of "loading" I receive the message: error at texture: byrnie_a_....
Please help, I really want to try this mod!
thanks

you will need to patch to 1.43 i had the same problem...and when you patch you will start the game and play clash of kings :grin:

I dunno if this is intended or not, but arakhs seem to only be usable as a 1h weapon if you are mounted. You can hold it with a shield on foot, but you can't swing it. Great mod out of the blue btw... Lovin it so far :wink:

banderling said:
I dunno if this is intended or not, but arakhs seem to only be usable as a 1h weapon if you are mounted. You can hold it with a shield on foot, but you can't swing it. Great mod out of the blue btw... Lovin it so far :wink:

Ahhhh, is supposed to be a two hand weapon.

All of a sudden Robb became distrusting,indicted several lords for treason just after the bolton declared for Stannis and the Manderleys for Dorne,which is very annoying.

Also Roose Bolton is called Lady lord roose bolton...

banderling said:
There don't seem to be any arena masters... at least in the free cities of Pentos.

I can confirm they seem to be missing in all Pentos cities. Braavos ones are fine though. EDIT: checked all the Free Cities; arena masters appear only in Braavos towns.

On another note, I see in the updated progress in the OP you fixed Clavis. I still haven't encountered "her", anyway I saw from the files all the available companions are male. I'd say it would be nice to have some female ones around to choose from: female warriors aren't that much unusual in the ASOIAF universe. Unless, of course, you already have written custom dialogues for each one of them and going over 16 npcs becomes an headache :wink:

Interesting little bug I've noticed...
whenever I take over a castle, any of the villages nearby that go with it are never awarded out as fiefs.
I thought, perhaps, that they were just taking their sweet time to do it, but there are some villages that have belonged to no one for 100+ days now.

I have encountered two more issues:

1- there's not a single village in all the Free Cities (don't know about Westeros) in which to find a quest. I did a cattle fetch quest once in the first days, and since then (30+ days) all village elders tell me they haven't any task for me. That might be related to the - as I understand - old issue with elders not offering quests anymore if you turn an offer down. This seems, however, to happen globally here.

2- I accepted a contract as a mercenary for Braavos. They were - and still are - at war with Pentos, but once the call to arms came and I went to the assigned lord he gave me the quest completition but nothing else, as he says they are now at peace and I'm not needed (which isn't true of course). This was accompanied by some red script error reports repeating this alert several times in a row:

Unrecognized opcode -5.; LINE NO: 4:
at dialog condition: dlga_lord_start:lord_pretalk.2.
at dialog condition: dlga_lord_start:lord_pretalk.2.

Kadath said:
banderling said:
There don't seem to be any arena masters... at least in the free cities of Pentos.

I can confirm they seem to be missing in all Pentos cities. Braavos ones are fine though. EDIT: checked all the Free Cities; arena masters appear only in Braavos towns.

On another note, I see in the updated progress in the OP you fixed Clavis. I still haven't encountered "her", anyway I saw from the files all the available companions are male. I'd say it would be nice to have some female ones around to choose from: female warriors aren't that much unusual in the ASOIAF universe. Unless, of course, you already have written custom dialogues for each one of them and going over 16 npcs becomes an headache :wink:

Well, there is the custom dialogue thing, but also, what other warring women other than Brienne have we encountered in the ASOIAF universe?

Cozur said:
Kadath said:
banderling said:

Well, there is the custom dialogue thing, but also, what other warring women other than Brienne have we encountered in the ASOIAF universe?

The women from Bear Island, for one.

The thing is that the companions are sort of mercenaries and exiles you find in taverns. Brienne is the highborn daughter of Lord Selwyn of Tarth, and thus is somewhat respected, even though that most men find her "wrong".

The mormont family is another very specifik example. With the male line having been extinguised with the exile or Jorah Mormont, they take over. It is the same with other highborn ladies across the lands of Westeros, many of them are "lords" in their own right, but they never hang around in taverns looking for a fight. One of the Mormont women themselves, in ADWD(?) say that their warring ways are somewhat unlikely.

I've included Asha Greyjoy and Larra Blackmont as warriors in their own right, but I find it somewhat unlikely that baseborn veteran female fighters exist in any great quantity in the world of ASOIAF.

Lord Commander Snow said:
Anyone confirm why Mace Tyrell changed his banner partway through campaign? And why Asha and Victarion don't have the Kraken banner?

Asha and Victarion had been assigned the wrong banners, it's been fixed for the next version.

If you yourself choose to take the Tyrell banner for your character, Mace Tyrell will change his banner. It is advised that you do not take one of the banners already assigned to a lord.

Cozur said:
Lord Commander Snow said:
Anyone confirm why Mace Tyrell changed his banner partway through campaign? And why Asha and Victarion don't have the Kraken banner?

Asha and Victarion had been assigned the wrong banners, it's been fixed for the next version.

If you yourself choose to take the Tyrell banner for your character, Mace Tyrell will change his banner. It is advised that you do not take one of the banners already assigned to a lord.
Well that is unfortunate...I wouldn't even know what banner isn't assigned to a lord. By the "next" version, do you mean it's already on your updated first post or next time?

The next version has not yet been released.

As a general rule, the last banners are not used by any lords. By that, I mean the last 25 banners or so.

Back
Top Bottom