SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

GJCeasar said:
KidStein said:
I REALLY like that Mercenary Camp suggestion. In Westeros it could be a simple but costly way to recruit Hedge Knights. Great idea (:

As a side note, I have also experience issues with the Unsullied equipment. Mainly... It sucks. They cost so much money to recruit and maintain, and their equipment is TERRIBLE. I suppose that may be canon, but if you OWN them you should at least have the option to outfit them how you see fit. Just an opinion!

Also, Unsullied should not have a Weekly cost. Or, it should be drastically lowered. They are, after all, slaves. You buy them, so unless you CHOOSE to free them like Daeny did, they would not get a weekly paycheck.  :razz:

Hedge knights are too expensive.  Just roll with heavy knights- just as good, and cheaper.

Unsullied (in my opinion) should be more expensive upfront, and cheaper upkeep, but a zero weekly upkeep is absurd.  Since they have no weekly wage, you (as their owner) MUST pay to maintain their equipment and are responsible for the training.  It can be cheap, but certainly not free. 

I don't have any problems with the Unsullied equipment (which is what they were trained to fight with/in), but I think some of their stats could be boosted, to reflect their resistance to pain and extreme training.

I like the Hedge Knights simply for the Mercenary feel when I am playing my Merc. They are expensive, but it's also very difficult to get a hold of them.

True, no weekly upkeep would be too unbalanced. It wasn't a REAL suggestion, which is why I also said it should at least be a lot lower. My main issue with the Unsullied armor is simply cosmetic :razz: If I have an army of Unsullied as a Westerosi, I'd at least like them to adopt the general look of my people. What I was referring too was that in previous versions of the mod, you had a list of weapons/armor/shields you could choose to outfit the Unsullied with. I really loved that feature, and it makes sense that as their captain you could choose what they wear. But all in all, it's not a HUGE issue. I can just not use Unsullied. (:

I can't search 500 pages for this answer, so if it's a repost I'm sorry. I'm having an issue where I can barely read any of the text in the game. I've made the resolution tiny but all it does is make things fuzzier not bigger. I've changed to directx7 nothing. any help would be appreciated.

nevermind, found it, turns out vertical sync wasn't auto optioned.

Is there a mirror download for this mod?  The one at MODDB is horribly slow.  I've checked the Nexus and received no love.  If there isn't a mirror, then no biggy.  I'll just wait an extra hour or so to play this mod.  Seems awesome, but won't be able to tell for a while :p

KidStein said:
I like the Hedge Knights simply for the Mercenary feel when I am playing my Merc. They are expensive, but it's also very difficult to get a hold of them.

True, no weekly upkeep would be too unbalanced. It wasn't a REAL suggestion, which is why I also said it should at least be a lot lower. My main issue with the Unsullied armor is simply cosmetic :razz: If I have an army of Unsullied as a Westerosi, I'd at least like them to adopt the general look of my people. What I was referring too was that in previous versions of the mod, you had a list of weapons/armor/shields you could choose to outfit the Unsullied with. I really loved that feature, and it makes sense that as their captain you could choose what they wear. But all in all, it's not a HUGE issue. I can just not use Unsullied. (:

The mercenary feel aspect is all well and good, but, well, from a financial perspective it just doesn't make any sense.  Or cents.  And I've never had a problem acquiring them.  Just defeat a raider army that has Hedge Knights as prisoners.  In my games, those exist all over the place.  Especially the Riverlands.

I think that being able to equip the Unsullied with any equipment you want would be too lore-breaking.  The equipment they wear is what they were trained in to fight. From an extremely young age.  And as such they should be damn good at fighting with the equipment they have.  Which is why I think the stats should be boosted to reflect that.  A much higher ironflesh stat would better represent their resistance to pain, and a higher polearm/throwing stat would better reflect their training with the "three spears".

At least, that's how I feel.

I get the cozur_snowy_grass_what error when trying to launch the game does anyone have any idea of how to solve this ? Seems like an awesome mod and i really wanna try it out !

I have a savegame that keeps CTD'ing (hopefully reproducable on any machine) if anyone is interested.

I'm using ACOK 1.0 with hotfix and 1.158. 2500k OC'd to 4.4, 8GB of ram on 64bit win 7, Radeon 7850.

Gotta note that i have been cheating gold in that game though. Wanted to just get all companions into my group from start and level everyone for a while, just for fun. So if that is a known reason for CTD's, just ignore me. I've been playing like that in 1.158 and Acok 0.9 before though and never got any CTD's.

In the savegame i am in Starfall. I would usually travel from there to Oldtown, shop, visit the tavern and leave in the direction of highgarden. It crashes everytime somewhere between Oldtown and Highgarden (Tried 5 times). My best guess is that it has something to do with spotting a bugged out group traveling around there, no idea though.

Ill PM a DL-link to Cozur if it is relevant for him.

tractgildart said:
I just encountered an interesting glitch. I started a new game with the 1.0 and hotfix, and I went to do a tourney in King's Landing, but I spawned in with no weapons! None at all! Not the ones I had equipped, not some tournament preset weapons, just my fists. I survived the round by running away and my teammates did all the work, and in the second round I was able to pick up a lance from a fallen knight and continue; after that I was spawning with a lance just fine. Until I got to the final round of the tournament, where of course, 1 on 1, I spawned with no weapons.

After going back to a previous save, it did occur again, although it did not occur in the final match and I was able to finish the tournament, not that that's an important detail, only to say that the glitch seems to happen at fairly random times.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I had that too in the arena, but since it's a glitch (notice I did not say 'bug' :p) that self-repairs, it's no real issue. My current problem is I always spawn a lance in hand in the arena: I'm guessing this is voluntary to circumvent Native glitches, as a  trick implemented to avoid starting with only a bow or what not.

The special non-native menu to select arena weaponry does not work.

Anyhow, arenas and tournaments are very secondary in my book.

EDIT : during Tournaments, I appear without a weapon once in a while. It's quite a challenge : grabbing gear from whomever falls. As I reloaded often, I can certify it is random, but oddly it does not happen if I omit to bet on myself (fishy!).

Anyone else have the following bug : when asking an NPC to locate someone, all Lords listed are followed by the string "Ser Arwood gives you the necklace. Old and worn. [bla bla bla]".

ACOK 1 with hotfix applied
M&B:W 1.158
Windows 7

EDIT : only Lord names in the list are bugged. Sers are fine. I inserted above the erroneous string.

Bug report :

- The list of Characters (from Notes) has a length limit : it stops at Ser R...
--- On that note, the Diplomacy module has a new known-character list that shows the relation score, etc. You seem to have implemented it in a special Companion list.

- In White Harbour (Tavern), a Septon says I need to talk to Gerold. I do (in the castle): Gerold says nothing of interest and the Septon continues to say I must talk to Gerold first.

ACOK 1 with hotfix applied / M&B:W 1.158 (I know, I'm just testing my luck)

In the crossing when saving a lord, I tend to spawn in the water and it's impossible to get back up. Thanksfully the lords I save kicked the guys asses but that's a problem

Ive got a gamebreaking problem. I cant play the game. Whenever i try to start it it comes to the loading screen, then it crashes and the error message says:
''Unable to open file: Modules\ACOK1.0\Resource\min_env_materials.brf''
Please help!

123bassie123 said:
Ive got a gamebreaking problem. I cant play the game. Whenever i try to start it it comes to the loading screen, then it crashes and the error message says:
Please help!

From experience, there can be file corruption when downloading and decompressing the module. I had downloaded the module a second time to repair the initial error.

Hey guys I have been stumped and I could use some help.  I have been doing the quest for coldbringer and from what I have seen it is a four step process once you receive the quest, I have confirmed steps 1 and 2 to be correct, but once I get to step three, the one where I talk to the frey, no matter what dialogue options I choose, none of them work!  I tested this by saving before talking to him and each time I went with a different option and then proceeded to talk with the bard who gives the quest(to confirm that I am on the right path) and each time the bard either acted like he hadn't met me before or I have to say that I failed the quest.  So if some one could just tell me exactly what I need to say for each step in this quest I would greatly appreciate the help, at one point each dialogue option seems to arbitrarily be either wrong or right, and if wrong, waist all my time making me restart it.  Thanks in advance

Seighfryd said:
123bassie123 said:
Please help!

From experience, there can be file corruption when downloading and decompressing the module. I had downloaded the module a second time to repair the initial error.

Hi,
Still hasn't worked. Ive redownloaded it, The one with the hotfix again, i put the ACOK folder inside of the modules folder, replaced all the files it asked to replace but it hasn't worked. :sad:

123bassie123 said:
Seighfryd said:
123bassie123 said:
Please help!

Hi,
Still hasn't worked. Ive redownloaded it, The one with the hotfix again, i put the ACOK folder inside of the modules folder, replaced all the files it asked to replace but it hasn't worked. :sad:

Do you have version 1.158 of the game?

Back
Top Bottom