From Dust

Users who are viewing this thread

Bollocks.

I have a 360 but I'd still rather wait for the PC version. The 360 is just not suited for the strategy kind. The controls always feel so unnatural.

Well the writer says he hasn't finished it yet. There might be one to unlock later on.
Regardless of sandbox or not, the mechanics, one's abilities and the different tasks sound pretty dull.

It could've been so much more...

Imagine you as a god with that engine and ultimate terrain controls - have an increased level of interaction with the villagers, and have them develop over time into a space-faring civilisation, at which point game either ends or you can go to other procedurally generated worlds and help them colonise space! Et voila, fun game.

Lyze said:
It could've been so much more...

Imagine you as a god with that engine and ultimate terrain controls - have an increased level of interaction with the villagers, and have them develop over time into a space-faring civilisation, at which point game either ends or you can go to other procedurally generated worlds and help them colonise space! Et voila, fun game.

Called it.

From Steam:

About the Game
From Dust is the latest original game concept by Eric Chahi, creator of the cult classic, “Another World / Out of this World”. Immerse yourself in a world as exotically beautiful as it is dangerous! You control the destiny of a primitive tribe against the backdrop of a world in constant evolution—a universe where mighty Nature reclaims what is hers; and your mastery of the elements is your people’s only chance of survival...

Key Features:
*Ground-Breaking Technology
Play in the sandbox of one of the most advanced real-time nature simulations, where everything you see and interact with evolves dynamically, offering a constantly renewed experience.

*Unique Art Direction
Discover a large variety of environments: Tropical islands, volcanic landscapes, deserts and so much more…

*Rich Story Mode
Explore 13 breathtaking territories of emergent gameplay. Master the natural forces at play on a mysterious archipelago and help a primitive tribe to recover the lost powers of their ancestors.

*Confront Mighty Nature
Protect your tribe against Nature’s most devastating attacks. Face down tsunamis, wildfires, earthquakes, volcanoes, torrential rains…

*Master Godlike Powers
Control the forces of nature to sculpt the world in your image. Hold back lava, stop raging waters, empty lakes, grow forests and raise mountains!

*Live Up to the Challenge
Race against the clock on 30 additional maps in Challenge Mode. Each scenario is a puzzle-like challenge where time is of the essence...

*Online leaderboards
Compare your Challenge Mode scores with the community on worldwide leaderboards.

So I'm guessing there is in fact a Sandbox mode.

okay im lost as **** you guys all thought there was no sandbox and i said there was because i played the game today and beat it (really short campaign maybe 4 hours) so how does that make me dumb?

Back
Top Bottom