Frequently Asked Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Gau Van said:
i see, so the flurry isnt avalable for now also then?
I checked the code, two upgrades are possible:
  • From Bodyguard to Royal Bodyguard for 5000 denars.
  • From Speedshooter to Flurry for 1000 schmuckers.
Unless there is an error I don't see :razz:

odd though, Custow can train Furry but i cant, and i got a castle town level, but oh well

been a while since i really play this mod, so cant remember much, except i remember i can send resource to my other Lord's Settlement, but it seems i cant find it, or cant find how O_O

Gau Van said:
odd though, Custow can train Furry but i cant, and i got a castle town level, but oh well
Actually they just start with some advanced troops, what they can train and what not is not dependent on the settlement.
As I usually play as Nord I don't have much experience with the adventurers and mercenaries.

Gau Van said:
been a while since i really play this mod, so cant remember much, except i remember i can send resource to my other Lord's Settlement, but it seems i cant find it, or cant find how O_O
Been too long for me too.
Try talking to one of the traders, the peasant elder and the seneshal in your castle.

i manage to find the problem, it seems when i upgrade to a castle town i can only train Royal Bodyguards, i can only train flurry when i have a Manor Town :sad:

anyone know how i can fix this?

Gau Van said:
i manage to find the problem, it seems when i upgrade to a castle town i can only train Royal Bodyguards, i can only train flurry when i have a Manor Town :sad:

anyone know how i can fix this?
This is not something I could try yet so no guaranties.
Based on the source files you should be able to train Royal Bodyguards when you have a Castle Town and Flurry in any Manor or Castle.
To build a Flurry in any settlement you need to edit the file menus.txt, search for "mno_settlement_action_train_flurry". You should find this:
mno_settlement_action_train_flurry  5 1630 3 1224979098644774912 144115188075856044 360287970189640337 30 2 1224979098644774912 1 2149 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189639680 30 2 1224979098644774913 1000 541 3 144115188075856044 1002 1  Flurry_training_(requires_speedshooter,_costs_1,000_gold). 
Before you change anything save a copy of the original file.

Change the blue 5 to 4 and remove the red numbers: 541 3 144115188075856044 1002 1  , make sure there is only one blank in front of "Flurry_training_(requires_speedshooter,_costs_1,000_gold)."
The blue number is the number of arguments, the deleted argument is the one that tells you you need a manor.

Save your changes, start the mod and load your game and see if it works.

yes it work, i can now train flurry in a Castle Town also, i even degrade my castle town to try a manor town, it works well.

thanks for the help berpol :smile:

Daniel of The Nords said:
Well i dont know much about installing mods so, how do you get RAR file mods to work? :smile:

First download WinZip. It's free. Install it, then double click on the .rar file. Click "extract to" and then choose you mount and blade module directry. ie, for me it's J:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules. Then click ok, and you're good to go!

Don't, whatever you do, extract it to the mount and blade folder, as it'll overwrite everything. Just make sure you do it to modules :smile:

Winzip link, just click "download winzip" http://www.winzip.com/index.htm

Hello hello,

I've been trying to muck around with this mod, trying to adapt it to a different setting by changing the map, heroes and so forth. And I seem to have bumped into a bit of a problem. When I'm using Thorgrims Map Editor, I see the titles of certain camps or villages but I'm unable to move them as they have no icon in the map editor (although they do in the game). This is unfortunate as they are situated in an area I'd prefer was an ocean. So, my question is this; has this got something to do with the map editor or the map.txt for this mod?

I hope you can help.

Frost

Practical Frost said:
I've been trying to muck around with this mod, trying to adapt it to a different setting by changing the map, heroes and so forth. And I seem to have bumped into a bit of a problem. When I'm using Thorgrims Map Editor, I see the titles of certain camps or villages but I'm unable to move them as they have no icon in the map editor (although they do in the game). This is unfortunate as they are situated in an area I'd prefer was an ocean. So, my question is this; has this got something to do with the map editor or the map.txt for this mod?
It's been some time I used the Map Editor with Custom Settlements and I don't have it installed at my current computer so I'm not sure but as far as I remember I had the same problem. As I was too lazy oo look up what was the problem I just manually edited the position of the settlements in the module system files.

Possibly the problem is that settlements have a variable icon based on development.

Hi.  I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask the question but the thread about custom cultures is months old and I wasn't sure if I should necro.  I wanted to use a custom culture based on Wedding Dance mod's stuff.  I copied to resource and texture files to the Custom Settlement resource and texture folders and looked at the WD mod module.ini and added the same lines that were in it to the CS module.ini for loading mod resources.  Then I copied the items I wanted to use from the WD item kinds file to the end of the CS item kinds file, I had a little trouble looking at them in Item editor but figured out it was because of an extra blank line between two items amd got it working.  Then I made the units I wanted and added them to the custom culture I'd already been using that only used resources from the CS mod and has been working fine so far.  Anyway, when I tried to run the game everything seemed to work fine except that when I opened the character screen the screen would go black except for the cursor and then crash a little bit later.  I could wal around scenes and open all the other menus fine, just not the character menu.  I even cheated myself some units and they looked fine in the party menu, but then I tried to talk with them and it gave me the same thing as opening the character menu.  I tried fixing it by reverting things one step at a time.  I tried deleting individual files from resources, tried deleting all of them, and removing them from the modules.ini.  I tried reverting to the old troops list.  The last thing I did was revert my item kinds file back to how it had been, which was the only thing left of my attempt at adding those units at that point, and finally it started working again.  So yeah... I'm fairly stumped as to how to proceed.  I can use mt units that only use the resources of CS mod just fine, but if I add any items that use new resources it doesn't seem to work.

Edit: actually, now that I think about it I'm wrong.  I have been using a small amount of items that didn't come with the mod.  That's how I had any idea how to add them.  It's just that for whatever reason theones I'm trying to add now don't work.

about the caravans, i went to custow, and a settlement i conquerd ( apart from my own ) and made trade routs with them both, but when i make a caravan it just goes to my own settlement and there it stays.... how can i make it go to the other settlements?

Dylan said:
about the caravans, i went to custow, and a settlement i conquerd ( apart from my own ) and made trade routs with them both, but when i make a caravan it just goes to my own settlement and there it stays.... how can i make it go to the other settlements?
  its goes auto to another settlement its is just takes time before it leaves

at first hi ,Wicked! the mod is awesome,100times better than the original,but ihave 2 Qestions about it! 1.how can i go in the Imperial Palace;the damn Guards wond't let me in_and 2. How do i became a King?  plz excuse my english and maby stupid Questions,but i've lookt in the Forums but can't find an answer! Thx a lot  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom