Forum Moderation Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved the bits that concerning me to here since, as MaHud pointed out, it's a much more suitable place:

Orion said:
Jhessail can run off on a drunken rampage across several threads without consequences beside the hangover. :roll:
What Thane Delphi quoted was from two years ago. I know both of you have a serious hardon for me but come on, it's getting ridiculous.

I think the moderators and administrators need to focus more on drinking and banning stupid posters.

I am sick and tired of seeing idiots parade around both on/off-topic.

I miss Pavlov and Archnosod and the days when Armagan had a sense of humor.

So what you are saying is all of the OT should get a one week ban? Imagine what we could accomplish! world peace, the end of Fast foods, No more Pollution, I think we could even tackle the length of the Bonnerlord Release!

See, this is why they should have never let someone with a ****ty liver be an admin, I just feel like I'm letting everyone down.

If it makes you feel better L-L still drops by to drunkenly ban folks every now and then and Brutus seems to be slowly spiraling into a cackling insanity that's bound to result in frequent banning sprees.

Moss said:
See, this is why they should have never let someone with a ****ty liver be an admin, I just feel like I'm letting everyone down.

Nonsense, as an Australian you bring an element of crazy to the moderating team formed by years of harsh living in a desolate hellhole that at least equals the effects of alcohol.

I support the restraint shown by moderate, sober moderators like Brutus. Permabans are simply bad business and should be replaced with progressive tempbans. Stupid, annoying people are customers too.

In essence that's what the current system mostly is, progressively longer posting bans (mutes) until permaban. It does rely on the theory that anyone worth removing a permaban from will take the time to contact an admin staff member to appeal, which is highly flawed in a number of ways (not least of all that it's not written down anywhere). I'd like to try some changes to the system, but I've had no real free time this year before now. Should probably capitalize on it whilst I can.

Which actually reminds me, I've been meaning to ask Janus if we can change the default permaban to a 'read only' ban instead of one that blocks access to the forum. At least that way IP banned people could find the emails they're supposed to contact to appeal their bans.

Úlfheðinn said:
Nonsense, as an Australian you bring an element of crazy to the moderating team formed by years of harsh living in a desolate hellhole that at least equals the effects of alcohol.
Now that I'm living in Japan I have to abide by a new national stereotype, so it's all about honor, duty, social consideration and thinly veiled sexual deviancy.

Nah, you're still a foreigner. How's the plastic thing, by the way?
Isn't half the point of an IP ban that you're probably already hopeless anyway? Because I don't remember it ever being issued without some severe duping beforehand and the standard ban only prevents logging in.

Clear the cookies or use a different browser and you'll be logged out. It's not much of a problem.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

A select few have the mentality of a 5 year old when it comes to socializing.

In contrast to that I haven't seen any instances of abuse of power, besides getting away with such behavior.

I am content to simply keep my distance from such people, and ignore them when they pop up.

Okay, my shield is ready, go ahead, bring on the wave of fiery insults and get it over with.

Moss said:
In essence that's what the current system mostly is, progressively longer posting bans (mutes) until permaban. It does rely on the theory that anyone worth removing a permaban from will take the time to contact an admin staff member to appeal, which is highly flawed in a number of ways (not least of all that it's not written down anywhere). I'd like to try some changes to the system, but I've had no real free time this year before now. Should probably capitalize on it whilst I can.
Let's not forget all the frivolous permabans given in the early years of loose cannon moderating.
It would be helpful to give an amnesty to almost all of them and notify those people by email (which should also contain a Bannerlord plug).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom