forts and sieges

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Savage, look at the date of the last post before posting, it's been at least a year. Don't necro a thread unless you have something to add to it. The thread was about having castles or forts in, back when there weren't castles in M&B. Sieging towns is off topic.

Yes castles are great. We have castles, yippee!

Also, there are already mods with attackable towns.

I was thinking, could you make it so that you could wait outside before attacking and build ladders and other siege equiptment, then assault the walls with you men and use them (instead of going into battle with them already there)?
Also, maybe you could disguise yourself and sneak in and kill the gatehouse gaurd to let your men in. You could need convincing costumes for whatever you disguised yourself as. (for instance, you may decide to dress up as a really rich merchant and buy really expensive clothes that a merchant would wear and travel inside with goods, or, a less convincing and less expensive disguise could be a traveling monk (in which case you would not be able to arry as many weapons and would need to go in by your onsey).)
Also, not quite sure it should be in with sieges, but have assasinations been considered? (It could even be a new starter class) It would give a real reason for throwing weapons, and it would add new noble quests. It would also work really well besides a favor system (so you could pop-off a certain noble who really hates you and is putting a lot of resources against you)

I know my suggestions are quite large and would take major overhauling, but please take what you can from them and ignore what you don't like.

Vuk

shikamaru 1993 said:
Sir Savage, look at the date of the last post before posting, it's been at least a year. Don't necro a thread unless you have something to add to it. The thread was about having castles or forts in, back when there weren't castles in M&B. Sieging towns is off topic.

Mods are off topic these are suggestions for the regular game, ant the title of this topic is sieges, I wanted to post about seiging towns, not adding more castles.

If I had started a new thread id imagion people would have told me I should have searched for this thread......which I did.

vuk said:
I know my suggestions are quite large and would take major overhauling, but please take what you can from them and ignore what you don't like.

Vuk

Well I like the part about planning sieges. and as long as we're gonna suggest huge overhauling ideas, I'd love if before every battle you could position your men and since theres only so many units allowed onscreen at once you would also be able to plan your waves.  This is off topic but unless people start discussing it, i don't think its likely enough to deserve its own thread.  But thats what I want to see in a game, more planning and less comanding.

Sir Savage said:
shikamaru 1993 said:

Mods are off topic these are suggestions for the regular game, ant the title of this topic is sieges, I wanted to post about seiging towns, not adding more castles.

If I had started a new thread id imagion people would have told me I should have searched for this thread......which I did.
And you were indeed right to do so. I commend thee.

Anyways i was thinking on how unrealistic siege battles are... we have 1 ladder or 1 siege tower then there is a pretend catapult at the back of the army. it is impossible for about 150 guys to move up a ladder because i like to play in battle sizer it is the most realistic way of playing. if you were to play at a max of 75 or w/e it is normally 75 guys cant take out 100 enemies each wave...we need to add more ladders or give us the option to add more ladders or more siege towers and perhaps you can sneak in a functioning catapult to destroy a small enough portion of the wall so troops can enter.

I think that you should be able to deploy long wooden stakes on the ground that could do damage to horses when they gallop their way over to your position. This is kinda like a wooden palisade but they are more for offense rather than defense. 

Wow, that was quite the necro.

Before you post on a topic, you should make sure to check the last posts date.  In this case, it was almost a year ago, which clearly means the topic has died.  You should either make a new topic about your idea or search for an existing, living topic to comment in.

That said, you obviously used the search engine, so nice job.  :razz:

Minor suggestion You can Siege castles now but what would be better is.... If you could siege villages sounds a bit stupid but would be fun... Example:The Village has like larger housing etch and the men all barricade inside and you (and you trusty men) clear them out.... Just a suggestion :smile:

Swadian General said:
Minor suggestion You can Siege castles now but what would be better is.... If you could siege villages sounds a bit stupid but would be fun... Example:The Village has like larger housing etch and the men all barricade inside and you (and you trusty men) clear them out.... Just a suggestion :smile:
It'd be interesting if you had to hack down the doors with axes and they were shooting arrows at you through the windows. :smile: Seems a bit crazy to go to all that effort just to mug some villagers for spare change, though. Besides, I bet if you stood outside and waved a lit torch around and said "come out or we'll burn you out" they'd surrender. Not in the game, obviously. Suicidal bastards.

Yes but maybe if *some* villages had small amounts of gold or treasure lying around to sweeten the deal. But the hacking down the door idea sounds good, but what would be even better is Lords/Kings could post men at the village say 20-30 just to make it harder.

Back
Top Bottom