For all of those that have problems with lag in big battles etc... here is a fix

Users who are viewing this thread

When you launch the game and the launcher opens go to configure and select directx 7 now what this does is decrease the textures but IMMENSELY improves fps.

The game still looks great and i can play with 500 units on screen cavalry and textures at 100 with shadows and full tree detail  :twisted:! (tested).

You're welcome.  :grin:

-rtg

Thank you, Captain Obvious, for an invaluable advice on how to virtually spit on 80% of work that was put into PoP by its developers between versions 3.7 and 3.8.

Leonion said:
Thank you, Captain Obvious, for an invaluable advice on how to virtually spit on 80% of work that was put into PoP by its developers between versions 3.7 and 3.8.

That's a bi harsh. I don't see how you can equate turning down texture quality to improve performance with spitting on your work

Because a lot of efforts was put between 3.7 and 3.8 into improving the graphical aspect of PoP, into making it a much prettier mod.
And playing it on D7 is blasphemy.  :ohdear:

As for CO part - this piece of advice (playing on D7) is pretty well-known.

Leonion said:

Believe me the game still looks beautiful the last thing i want to do is bash on your game for it's beautiful textures i just wanted to help some people with lower end pc's play your mod.

I run a very low-end PC and tried this, and the textures are definitely worse on my system. Everyone's faces look dark. The world map is playable but is definitely uglier... not sure if this is worth it, at least for me.

That being said I do love playing on huge battlesizes :/ Maybe need to wait until I can upgrade my computer.

thermocline said:
I run a very low-end PC and tried this, and the textures are definitely worse on my system. Everyone's faces look dark. The world map is playable but is definitely uglier... not sure if this is worth it, at least for me.

That being said I do love playing on huge battlesizes :/ Maybe need to wait until I can upgrade my computer.

I think the dark face part is because of the graphics card or something like that i had that too but anyways rip.

This is pretty good actually, i played a invasion mod on multiplayer years ago, and it was lagging asf (1000+ units + players + ping + whatever the **** happening at the same time), so i just changed to Dx7 and it worked very smoothly.

I think Content/Fun >>>>> Graphics, Imo.

Another small fix is:

Go to 'Windows Task Manager' > Processes Tab > mb_warband.exe (Right Click on it)

'Set Priority' to 'High'.

This seems to help a little.

Needs to be done every time you start Warband

Moeby...

The easiest thing to do outside of reducing battlesize, is turning off all of the kill messages. That REALLY kills your FPS, even with a beast rig, and it just clutters your screen anyway.

Try turning off the kill messages...let me know how it goes.

Its been 8 freaking years of every few months giving it a re-try and I thought i had tried EVERYTHING. Been through hundreds of posts, forums, all kinds of bull over the years, but Rarilmar, I'm not certain but im pretty sure it all came down to your post to finally get me 450+ battles FINALLY working with no chop or lag for at least hours now and i can enjoy TLD as it was supposed to be played. Thank you so, so SOOO much dude, you have no idea how much you've done for me with your "Setting 'render_buffer_size = 512' in rgl_config.txt" post, and now my life is complete. I can never repay you for how you've helped me FINALLY get my all time favourite mod working. And when i finally get tired of LOTR, im sure its Prophecy of Pendor time, AT LONG LAST. THANK YOU AGAIN YOU ABSOLUTE LEGEND! I HAD GIVEN UP HOPE AND ONLY TRIED THESE DAYS AS A FORM OF MASOCHISM BUT YOU SHOWED ME THE LIGHT AND TALEWORLDS CRAPPY ENGINE CAN NOW RUN MORE THAN 100 TROOPS AND I CAN DO 1000+ BATTLES IN 2 OR 3 GOES INSTEAD OF TRYING TO SURVIVE LIKE 10 WAVES AND THAT! I LOVE YOU

Back
Top Bottom