Add Insane Spawns Difficulty - Currently have Normal & Hard

• Yes

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 22 39.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

frukox said:
Yes, pada. The factions have this cities in addition to their original cities.

For example:

Kerghits have Sargoth, Tihr, Ichamur, Narra
Nords;Jelkala, Veluca, Wercheg
Sarranids; Ahmerrad, Barriyye, Suno
Rhodok: Shariz, Durquba, Yalen
Swadia: Uxkhal, Reyvadin, Khudan, Dhirim
Vaegir: Tulga, Curaw, Rivacheg, Halmar
Commonners: Praven!! at the beginning of a new game such a picture appears!

yeah I dont think there is any way my mod can cause this - you have Floris 2.3 Expanded installed and then copied my mod files over top of it?

update 0.8b - fixed some troops that where accidentally assigned the wrong level - only affected 4 troops and the change is minor. I'd recommend updating so the troops level at the same rate for all factions properly. The only file you need to replace is the troops.txt file if you have a previous version.

A few things I found while playing earlier:

1. A bug from the original mod: Woman Militia can promote to Woman Warrior twice (i.e. it's listed twice).
2. Dressed up Women and Hospitaller Women are showing up in taverns still. I don't know how much you can do about this but they are on a tree that doesn't exist anymore (at least, according to your troop viewer). The strange thing is that they seem to promote the same way as they did before.
3. The lines in the troop viewer are a little weird, but I'm sure you knew that and it's still comprehensible.

Also, I know this is your mod, and you get to make your own decisions...but can I suggest switching the Vaegir T6 to archers? There are no T6 longbowmen (only the Rhodok crossbowmen) and as I recall the Vaegirs were best known for their archers.

Never Darktide said:
A few things I found while playing earlier:

1. A bug from the original mod: Woman Militia can promote to Woman Warrior twice (i.e. it's listed twice).
2. Dressed up Women and Hospitaller Women are showing up in taverns still. I don't know how much you can do about this but they are on a tree that doesn't exist anymore (at least, according to your troop viewer). The strange thing is that they seem to promote the same way as they did before.
3. The lines in the troop viewer are a little weird, but I'm sure you knew that and it's still comprehensible.

Also, I know this is your mod, and you get to make your own decisions...but can I suggest switching the Vaegir T6 to archers? There are no T6 longbowmen (only the Rhodok crossbowmen) and as I recall the Vaegirs were best known for their archers.

Yeah all good points. The only change I made to mercs and sword sisters so far is a a little equipment (I dropped the glowing robes, and changed some swords to maces, and i shuffled the trees a little. I'll fix the sword sisters upgrade in the version due monday which will just be a minor update again.

I could make the vaegir change but I am concerned that this will give the vaegirs to many archers from spawning/upgrading and not enough footmen. Also, you guys know that the tier 5 vaegir archer is the best archer except for the khergits tier 6 mounted archer right?

Still, I dont mind either way. if you all really want the archer at tier 6 I'll make the change and just make the tier 5 vaegir the two hander and the tier 4 and 3 the hammer/shield infantry.

It's just my opinion, I never really did check the stats. Probably just too much of me thinking in tiers and what the "special unit" should be.

I think Vaegirs will be okay for balance though, since their T2s are both infantry, plus they have both an infantry and a cavalry line.

Of course, what is any game containing females without the appropriately inappropriate nude models and what not? haha though it would be entertaining to conquer the world with a bunch of naked berserkers, male or female really, either way it's just embarrassing lol so for the lol factor naked berserkers would be entertaining but as far as usefulness I don't really use the mercs so have no real input on that.

Also did you by any chance increase the amount of units that spawn with the towns/castles? perhaps it was just the new game but seems like more than what they usually started with(I do a lot of restarting *sigh*)

I'll set better spawns for the next version. I'm waiting on some feedback and tinkering with spawn rates some more. Spawns are a little tricky to set for perfect results, and I want to get them just right for both lords, castles and towns. plus there is 6 entries instead of 3 for native in Floris and there's some wierdness on what is exactly spawning how often and where - ie, towns vs castles vs lords.

Ah well just remember that nothing is ever perfect. quite frankly I'd like towns to have more people, suppose to be huge places, last bastion of defense in an area. Only problem there is I'm pretty sure if you decimate on the wall you can go through the town and castle part and the person still have 100 or so troops that never saw combat! Doesn't seem fair... and then of course there's the archer to footman ratio and sheesh, certainly does get very complex

Berserkers are damn dangerous. I realize we don't have any AI mods incorporated into Floris yet (I think), but if you look at mods like PoP those lightly armored (or unarmored) guys can be responsible for a LOT of kills. Berserkers with high shield skill and decent shields would be a serious pain for archers too.

Hi there,
i have a Problem with the Sultanate Kapikula (C5) because they dont want to level up to Memluk (C6) ?
Bug or Instalation Problem?

Snuggydoodle said:
Hi there,
i have a Problem with the Sultanate Kapikula (C5) because they dont want to level up to Memluk (C6) ?
Bug or Instalation Problem?

The link looks fine. They are level 36 so they take some time to level up, and unless you are = or higher level to them you wont be able to train one, they will only level through battle and will probably take quite a few battles. I'm on day 40 with a new game using my level 36 character to test the troops and battles and I have not leveled 1 tier 6 troop yet. This is intentional as these troops are supposed to be extra difficult to obtain with months of training required.

Still, if no one has any luck leveling a tier 6, we might have a problem. Be nice to know if anyone has leveled a tier 6 yet! :smile:

Caba`drin said:
@frukox: are you using a savegame from Native?
If so, the errors are coming from that, not from pada's changed troops.
If not...well...you shouldn't be getting these errors with a new game.

It is the start of a new game and I installed 2.3 Floris expanded without its high-end graphical changes which I learnt from the FAQ section. Then, I installed pada's mod and I have such a picture whose reason I cannot fathom.....:sad:

pada said:
frukox said:
Yes, pada. The factions have this cities in addition to their original cities.

For example:

Kerghits have Sargoth, Tihr, Ichamur, Narra
Nords;Jelkala, Veluca, Wercheg
Sarranids; Ahmerrad, Barriyye, Suno
Rhodok: Shariz, Durquba, Yalen
Swadia: Uxkhal, Reyvadin, Khudan, Dhirim
Vaegir: Tulga, Curaw, Rivacheg, Halmar
Commonners: Praven!! at the beginning of a new game such a picture appears!

yeah I dont think there is any way my mod can cause this - you have Floris 2.3 Expanded installed and then copied my mod files over top of it?

Yes, I did what you have instructed in your readme and I also installed your optional file. Then, I started a new game as it is not apparently compatible with my Diplomacy 3.3.2 mod. After that, I saw and was surprised by this unusual map. I don't know where I did something wrong. Could you please help me with this?

Back
Top Bottom