Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russian simulator games/games in general are kewl, but not necessarily the best games ever. End of discussion.

kiarj said:
Ringwraith #5 said:
Havoc said:
What exactly makes what, johncage said a fact rather than opinion?
Are you serious? You're telling me that you seriously, honestly don't see how a game in which you wave swords at zombies and skeletons until they stop moving is more childish than a realistic flight simulation? I don't think that's possible, anyone with half a brain should be able to see that clear as day. So I think you're still trolling, and with this I'm gone.

**** you, you self-validating piece of *****.

I'd make a point, but everybody else already did, so just ****.
You know, I started to like you very much lately.

so I heard that this game is going to be using the leveling system similar to the system in fallout 3 which was also developed by bethesda, I was sad, I wanted the previous oblivion leveling system, and it dissapoints me to see the fallout and TES series become more similar

Dodes said:
so I heard that this game is going to be using the leveling system similar to the system in fallout 3 which was also developed by bethesda, I was sad, I wanted the previous oblivion leveling system, and it dissapoints me to see the fallout and TES series become more similar

Not sure if trolling...

Rahn said:
Russian simulator games/games in general are kewl, but not necessarily the best games ever. End of discussion.

Actually, a simulation game where you simulate a Russian sounds like best game material right there. If only for the "such is mother Russia" jokes.

Sethaniel said:
Actually, a simulation game where you simulate a Russian sounds like best game material right there. If only for the "such is mother Russia" jokes.

Too bad you often simulate an American with a suspicious accent.

Edit: Or an English speaking Russian with a suspicious accent for that matter.

Selothi said:
he's an *******.
And you only noticed that now, did you?

Sethaniel said:
@Ringwraith: Woah, how about dropping the condescending attitude bro? People disagreeing with you doesn't make them trolls, for ****'s sake. Also I'm with Havoc here. How exactly was johncage's opinion more of a fact than Havoc?

If we're speaking in terms of coding and programming, then yeah sure I can see where johncage was getting at, as  the mechanics behind realistic simulations are probably a lot more complicated and require more skilled people working on them, thus making them giants in that field. This is merely an assumption mind you, and Skyrim or any other game of any other genre could very well be more complex than realistic simulations though I doubt it. If we're speaking in terms of achievement however, something of Skyrim's scale is nothing less a feat. Why call it childish? I doubt a bunch of children would be capable of recreating it. If you're saying the concept of vikings going around waving huge swords and kicking dragons in the balls childish, then yes I agree. Doesn't make it any less awesome though.

But most 'realistic simulations' are ****ing boring anyway. I don't get how stamping "RUSSIAAA!!!" on these games somehow makes them more exciting.
Feel free to prove me wrong, though.
He started with the attitude, I don't see why I should be the one to get all the stick just because I outdid him at it. It's not just about mechanics and programming, it's also about required knowledge. To realistically simulate something, you have to have a very detailed knowledge of how it works and performs. A fantasy hack and slash game with magic, on the other hand, requires absolutely nothing of the sort. People who make simulators are like real engineers who build real buildings, people who make fantasy hack and slash games are like children who build sand castles.

Dryvus said:
Ringwraith #5 said:
Havoc said:
No it's ****ing not.
Actually yes, it is. Saying "no it isn't" won't make it so.
And replying with "yes it is" is more valid.... how?
It isn't, that's the whole point. Which you both missed.

Nah, you're just assuming your opinion is superior to everyone else's, then stating your reasons.

"Blue is way better than red, and you're all idiots if you fail to see that. Two thirds of the planet's surface is blue, so it must be better. If you start arguing with me, then you're clearly trolls, as my opinion is more than simple truth: it is a dogma you must all follow."

Opinion -> Argument (bull**** or not, doesn't matter) -> Calling people trolls if they don't agree.

What was this about stuff being "childish", again ? 

@Ringwraith: To be quite honest I saw no attitude in his posts. He was just responding to your arrogance. There's a reason you're taking flak for it you know; it's quite noticeable in your posts even now, whereas I can hardly find any in Havoc's.

Ah, I can finally see what you're trying to get at with the whole 'childish' thing, though I would suggest you clarify things a bit before going "srsly? u dun knw? u must be a troll" on us, because in this case I really do think most people have no ****ing idea what you're trying to say.

Also, these 'real engineers' you speak of may be good at what they do... but it doesn't exactly make them pioneers in the gaming industry. It hardly takes any innovation to come up with something that already exists in the real world and attempt to simulate it in a simulation game. They can make it as realistic as they want through calculations and physics and complex mechanics, but it would still just be a realistic simulation and nothing more. They may be the greats of their genre, but not the entire freaking industry.

Oh and I still think they're boring as hell. But as I said earlier, feel free to correct me with some prime examples of Russian realistic simulations.

Sethaniel said:
There's a reason you're taking flak for it you know
Yes, said reason being that the people giving me that flak are a bunch of idiots.

Ah, I can finally see what you're trying to get at with the whole 'childish' thing, though I would suggest you clarify things a bit before going "srsly? u dun knw? u must be a troll" on us, because in this case I really do think most people have no ****ing idea what you're trying to say.
Their. ****ing. Problem. My patience with the stupidity that surrounds me is all but gone.

Also, these 'real engineers' you speak of may be good at what they do... but it doesn't exactly make them pioneers in the gaming industry.
That may be so, but I never claimed otherwise. So that's another straw man.

It hardly takes any innovation to come up with something that already exists in the real world and attempt to simulate it in a simulation game. They can make it as realistic as they want through calculations and physics and complex mechanics, but it would still just be a realistic simulation and nothing more. They may be the greats of their genre, but not the entire freaking industry.
Innovation? What does that have to do with it? Take a look at the film industry, specifically at some of the films that are considered truly great and timeless classics. The Godfather, Casablanca, Shindler's List, Seven Samurai, etc. Have you ever heard anyone talk about these and go "well it's a good film, I just wish it was a little bit more innovative"? Of course not. That simply doesn't enter into it. Certainly not for films, and I don't see why it should for games.

Oh and I still think they're boring as hell. But as I said earlier, feel free to correct me with some prime examples of Russian realistic simulations.
I don't see how your personal failure to enjoy these games has any impact on whether or not they and their makers are great. What're you going to argue next, that you find Shakespeare's plays boring and that therefore he was a rubbish playwright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom