Editor Tools doesn't work

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm trying to create a mod - I've so far managed to get into the Editor, and then loaded up the main_map.xscene file... only to find it errors, every single time I open it. The textures don't load.

I found a workaround that loading the campaign map first will fix this.

However, if I then attempt to save the scene with absolutely zero modifications other than the filename of the scene, the scene editor crashes and the scene cannot be saved.

Why is everything about this game so half-arsed and unfinished/broken?
Like I legit haven't even started making a mod yet, and I'm already stuck at the very start with crashes... What's the trick to get around this?

Litearlly, clean install - wiped everything Bannerlord from my system.
No mods loaded.
Using editor tools, and I can't even open the main map scene without an error message leading to no textures being loaded (great). I then try and exit the editor and I'm completely spammed with error messages like this:

https://i.ibb.co/VLQ7GQ7/m-b-Dog-****.png

Why is this so broken that its actually unusable with a brand new clean install of the game? How have you broken this so much?
"C:\Develop" doesn't even exist as a folder, so I have no idea what its trying (and repeatedly failing) to do.

Last edited:
After several hours of trying different combinations of things to try get this fixed. I noticed that the Tools version is 1.1.6 where as the main bannerlord release is 1.1.7.
I set both to the beta 1.2.0.0 and this error now doesn't occur, and the map texture actually loads.

After several hours of trying different combinations of things to try get this fixed. I noticed that the Tools version is 1.1.6 where as the main bannerlord release is 1.1.7.
I set both to the beta 1.2.0.0 and this error now doesn't occur, and the map texture actually loads.
The current Live game and Tools builds should both be v1.1.6. But in regards to setting both to Beta - that will switch you to the current v1.2.6 which includes a number of improvements to world map modding and is possibly what fixed your issue.

Back
Top Bottom