Download Link and Mod description. Current version: 150 P7 or 156 B2+

Users who are viewing this thread

Since it is Dungeons and dragons inspired mod, I kinda miss things exactly what says on the tin. I know that dragons are hardly implementable (although Light&Darkness mods tries to do), there could be more dungoens to explore :smile:

the power of the mages does tend to unbalance  any fight. i try to rp my game to counter this but when the opposition turn up with loads of them you are done. seems to my mind there are just too many of them,and they all have way too much mana and regeneration of same.
i love having magic in the game, but as it stands it makes winning a foregone conclusion. cheers

leonn said:
the power of the mages does tend to unbalance  any fight. i try to rp my game to counter this but when the opposition turn up with loads of them you are done. seems to my mind there are just too many of them,and they all have way too much mana and regeneration of same.
i love having magic in the game, but as it stands it makes winning a foregone conclusion. cheers

Use Blazing Hand Inquisitors... watch as the pathetic heathens try to crush you with foolish magical powers! On a serious note, any unit with high magic resistance is a plus when fighting mages... clerics can heal any injuries you do manage to sustain if any, which is why the Blazing Hand are op, their skills are so great even auto battle will make them win...and their shields are nearly impossible to bypass unless you're sporting about 10 magic power and use fireball at their feet which ai mages wont really do...

KingBruceLee said:
When we can expect new version ? Before/after Christmas ?  :grin:

does it really matter? it will be released when he's happy with everything he's adding for the next one... way I look at it, watch the forums and wait for the next version of a mod you love, toss in suggestions/bug reports/ balance issues and if he has time he'll look into it, maybe tweak it as needed... speaking of, I'm probably gonna try my hand at a stealth character tonight and see how they handle overall, while I like it being skill based, I think that all weapons should have the stealth feature on them(obviously minus certain abnormally loud and clunky items) given that a rogue could use a two handed axe if he wanted to in D&D if he met the requirements and still get a sneak attack roll...

Perhaps something that gives the current stealthy weapons extra piercing damage when they do a backstab?

That way there's still a value in running around with a dagger opposed to backstabbing people with the Maul of the Titans.  :razz:

KingBruceLee said:
When we can expect new version ? Before/after Christmas ?  :grin:
Well, I'm not the Christmassy type, but we'll see. Right now I am waiting for the 1.161 patch and modsys, since it will have quite a bit of sweet new operations and functions

CHIMouttathisplane said:
Perhaps something that gives the current stealthy weapons extra piercing damage when they do a backstab?

That way there's still a value in running around with a dagger opposed to backstabbing people with the Maul of the Titans.  :razz:

Actually, backstabbing will cause raw damage, that id, that it won't be affected by armor.

guspav said:
CHIMouttathisplane said:

Actually, backstabbing will cause raw damage, that id, that it won't be affected by armor.

That was in reply to Arctic Howler.
Arctic_Howler said:
speaking of, I'm probably gonna try my hand at a stealth character tonight and see how they handle overall, while I like it being skill based, I think that all weapons should have the stealth feature on them(obviously minus certain abnormally loud and clunky items) given that a rogue could use a two handed axe if he wanted to in D&D if he met the requirements and still get a sneak attack roll...

When almost every weapon has the stealth feature... using short weapons sort of loses it's charm.

CHIMouttathisplane said:
Arctic_Howler said:
speaking of, I'm probably gonna try my hand at a stealth character tonight and see how they handle overall, while I like it being skill based, I think that all weapons should have the stealth feature on them(obviously minus certain abnormally loud and clunky items) given that a rogue could use a two handed axe if he wanted to in D&D if he met the requirements and still get a sneak attack roll...

When almost every weapon has the stealth feature... using short weapons sort of loses it's charm.

Hardly... Unless you only buy Drow and Elven weapons, there's very few that actually have the stealth feature... Short swords and if i recall only 1 of the daggers and the club you get from looters...

I wasn't sure where would be the most appropriate place to share this, and I don't think it's a bug, but I could be wrong as I honestly cannot explain how it wouldn't be. Regardless, one time I was routinely talking to Guild Masters as I'd pass through towns, and I started coming across something I had never seen before. You know the quest to hunt down a specific criminal party? That quest is pretty much everywhere because there's such a strong abundance of varying outlaws. Well, this time I happened to be asked to track down and defeat... a dwarven lord. The odd thing was that the nation (Vaegir I think) wasn't at war with the dwarves, nor were they even at a truce. I'm not sure the two nations had ever fought the entire game, and yet, the Guild Master was making claims that the dwarf lord was harassing villagers or some such.

A while later, I was at a Khergit city and the Guild Master there had asked me to hunt down a lord of the drow, although he was a human who had defected from either the Khergit or the Sarranid; I couldn't tell but I would guess Sarranid. The Khergit were not at war with the drow, nor were they under a truce with them.

And then when I was in drow lands, I was offered a quest to defeat an elven lord. At least this one wasn't as strange to me, I suppose, but it still was unusual. The elves and drow were not currently at war, but they did have a truce in place from previously fighting.

I did not accept any of these quests because I didn't want to risk causing some sort of problems with lords or nations, but I suppose I maybe should have just to see what might come of it, if anything. Anyway, I have never seen the bandit hunting quest reference lords before, so just wanted to share that oddity.

No posts here since October, but it looks as if the OP was updated in December? I am never quite sure how to know what version of a Mod I have installed, and it's been a couple months at least since I actually played Warbands of any sort, but this being my fave mod I guess what I am trying to say is, was there an update in December? Or how can I figure out if I need to update the mod?

The mod hasn't been updated yet. The latest version is still 0.723, but I did update some of the info on the OP.
I am actually working a few hours every day on the mod, now that it has been ported to the new 1.165 module system (which includes many new sweet operations). Don't worry, once a new version is up I'm sure you'll notice it :grin:

Usually never use my account but I just wanted to say I have loads of mods and out of all of them this one is just the best by far. Everything from the magic the new factions and the new gameplay mechanics are just top notch. Keep up the good work because I'd be more than happy to see you keep making new content.

RothgarWarband said:
I've looked all over and can't find it so I'm gonna ask.

What version of warband should this be played with?  I'm using 1.158.
You need version 1.158 or later for version 0.723.
In the upcoming version you'll need 1
1.165 or later.

Thanks, had just found it in change log notes after searching some more.  Just wanted to make sure that wasn't causing my invalid party issue if I start over with a new game with no TweakMB changes.

Guspav, when you get close to the release of the next update send me a message! The guide will surely be updated to best fit all of the new changes :smile:

SmurfInHell said:
Guspav, when you get close to the release of the next update send me a message! The guide will surely be updated to best fit all of the new changes :smile:
Actually, I think I'll even give you some early access so you can help me with the guides and stuff and they can be (somewhat) ready when the next version is complete.

Back
Top Bottom