Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

mtarini said:
Swyter said:
It would be cool if you make the color previewable so I can really see the final result...

You mean, it is not? Or it is the wrong color?

Unless something is wrong, OpenBRF is supposed to preview per-vertex color just fine already.
Only, there is no vertex painter in OpenBRF. You need to paint your meshes using some other appl, then export, then import in OpenBRF. If you see no vertex color in OpenBRF, then I'm afraid that means it didn't get there.

Not many mesh formats embed per-vertex color. e.g. "ply" does, but "obj" doesn't.

Nah, I'm saying while choosing the colors. The mesh should refresh with the currently selected color into the color picker dialog.
Now it's a 'guess the right combination before applies' game.  :idea:

Is there a way to attach scabbards correctly to skins in OpenBRF yet? I'm planning to make new animations for drawing and sheathing swords, and it'd be helpful to have a properly attached scabbard in-editor.

Thanks for all your work in making this great tool by the way, mtarini!

Papa Lazarou said:
Is there a way to attach scabbards correctly to skins in OpenBRF yet? I'm planning to make new animations for drawing and sheathing swords, and it'd be helpful to have a properly attached scabbard in-editor.

Yeah, the fixed objects as weapons, hands, heads, scabbards... you know, everything centered in a relative axis. Are mounted in game over determined bones (head, spine,...).

So simply pick a properly centered vertex framed weapon and use the Mount on one Bone/Asignar Hueso de Montaje function. Attach on the right upper leg. And that's it.

You can export a combined mesh and use it later as reference.

my open brf wont run when i try to open it all it says it that it has stopped working i have re download a couple of times and always the same thing. anyone know the solution ?

Swyter said:
Papa Lazarou said:

Yeah, the fixed objects as weapons, hands, heads, scabbards... you know, everything centered in a relative axis. Are mounted in game over determined bones (head, spine,...).

So simply pick a properly centered vertex framed weapon and use the Mount on one Bone/Asignar Hueso de Montaje function. Attach on the right upper leg. And that's it.

You can export a combined mesh and use it later as reference.
Thanks for the reply!

I tried attaching a scabbard to the thighs, but it's not angled properly. And what does "poperly centred vertex framed weapon" mean?

Papa Lazarou said:
Thanks for the reply!

I tried attaching a scabbard to the thighs, but it's not angled properly. And what does "poperly centred vertex framed weapon" mean?

You should be able to find the correct bone. It's a matter of try.
I only mean that you should think that relative is a virtual position into a general position.

So if the mesh is displaced in any way later in-game will look really weird. That's all. :smile:

PS: Outstanding animations and great trailers you and your brother make.

Yeah I think it just doesn't attach properly - I tried all the bones.

Not to worry though, I've used another technique to get a scabbard in the right place in-editor. We'll see if it's precise enough!

PS: Outstanding animations and great trailers you and your brother make.
Thanks! And thanks for your replies here too.

trueten said:
смертник said:
hi mtarini , add the Russian language?
He didn't\won't. That's what russian-speaking volunteers should do instead.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you seemed to imply that he should candidate himself for the position. I just wanted to note that, albeit a very good modeler, he doesn't speak english(at least not a lot of it) and communicates mostly via the google translator.

Galtran said:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you seemed to imply that he should candidate himself for the position. I just wanted to note that, albeit a very good modeler, he doesn't speak english(at least not a lot of it) and communicates mostly via the google translator.
Don't worry, both questioner and respondent are Russian :wink: They can communicate precisely between them.

And no, it did not occur to me that trueten implied смертник to do the job. Not the slightest

GetAssista said:
Galtran said:
Don't worry, both questioner and respondent are Russian :wink: They can communicate precisely between them.

And no, it did not occur to me that trueten implied смертник to do the job. Not the slightest

I tried to be polite since it seemed to me that it could be either. "Sometimes" the community is a little bit aggressive, hence my aprehension that he was possibly being rude to смертник, and since he is an awesome modeler I decided to stand up in his defense. Granted that a lot of the aggressiveness of the community is justified, but sometimes the folks are so stressed that something slips by. So I guess this time was simply me being oversensitive about it.

I'm having problems trying to install open brf. I put all the files in c/program files/"open brf", but it is saying that the "mingwm10.dll" is missing :!: can someone help me figure this out

Teutonic Archer Knight said:
I'm having problems trying to install open brf. I put all the files in c/program files/"open brf", but it is saying that the "mingwm10.dll" is missing :!: can someone help me figure this out

It's a library included with every OBRF release, you may deleted it by error.
Get the latest zip file and overwrite or simply get it from the link below.

http://www.dll-files.com/pop.php?dll=mingwm10

Paste it next to the Openbrf.exe
Enjoy. :smile:

I have very little problem, but annoying to me ... the mod "Polished landscapes" is a shrub that disappears when I get close, and he is in many places, I tried replacing it using openbrf, but he keeps there Someone knows how could I fix this? look at the SS (sorry bad english, tradutor..)

Normal.
mbwarband20101216230600.png

A little close..disappear!
mbwarband20101216230608.png
Thank's. :roll:

ProPlayer said:
I have very little problem, but annoying to me ... the mod "Polished landscapes" is a shrub that disappears when I get close, and he is in many places, I tried replacing it using openbrf, but he keeps there Someone knows how could I fix this? look at the SS (sorry bad english, tradutor..)

Normal.
mbwarband20101216230600.png

A little close..disappear!
mbwarband20101216230608.png
Thank's. :roll:

Get the name of the 'flora object' and later open your flora_kinds.txt in the Data folder of your module. find your shrub entry and locate the meshes.

For example this is how the imamagicshrub entry looks in-game.

imamagicshrub 1717987707916 3
iamashrub  0
iamashrub2  0
iamashrub2  0

^Those are the bunch of meshes/models used randomly by this plant. Use the Search (Ctrl+F) feature in OpenBRF to look at it.

When you find it. Simply pick the imashrub.lod1, duplicate it and paste it as iamasrub. Do it with every listed mesh for this entry. And that's it. You did it!

And say Gutek to fix the problem of the conflictive level of detail for next versions.

Enjoy!!

YEAAAAH!!! WORKS GREAT MAN  :mrgreen:, thank's a lot, I take several time trying solve this problem  :???:  (sorry bad english anything)

ProPlayer said:
I know this is not the most appropriate place for that question, but I'm just repairing a few bugs that I'm creating a mod from others, and I came across a problem I do not know address.
Some NPC'S stand facing the wall, and there are still two of them equal in the same place (2 Jeremus). If someone can help me, I thank you very much, thank you.  :roll: (sorry bad english, translator used)
problem here:
semttulogr.png
obs: they have no entry point.

This problem occurred to me when I forced to spawn an agent in a scene without any entry point assigned.
Then the game simply puts them randomly wherever a ground plane it's found.

About the duplicity,
Well, the most feared bug it's the making of a player faction without guards assigned, so the game simply uses the player itself everywhere a specific faction guy it's supposed to be. You probably have made a constants error, but that it's purely speculative. Track your code down from the game menu to the companion code. It should be easy to comment out.

Sorry, It's hard to tell you something more precise viewing only a simple image :smile:

Back
Top Bottom