Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

I need help, the only thing I want is to modify some meshes, but is not working, I do not know what I do, I export a mesh in. obj, open to the blender, modify, export as. obj again but the animation does not run, someone help me replace a mesh without my animation stand? thanks
(look the spoilers...)
NEAR (no animation)
mbwarband20101014002446.png
FAR(normal)
mbwarband20101014002515.png
(google translater used)...

For a simple reskin like that, you just need to Edit-->Copy the original, then use Edit-->Paste Rigging to transfer the rigging.

That is all you need to do, if you're only changing uv coordinates or making very minor geometry changes, like your problem.

For more major things, you will need to use Edit-->Paste Rigging to get it close, then adjust the rigging in Blender or another editor and re-export.

Another problem..I don't know what to do when I run the animation, the mesh is totally twisted, what can it be? (I modified just the mesh)
look
openbrf2010101422040864.png
thank's...

Without a lot more information, I can't help you.  Twisted where?  In OpenBRF?  In Blender?

Most likely problem is that you've either applied the wrong skeleton or your object's facing the wrong way or isn't scaled correctly or something.

Twisted in Open Brf, skeletons are correct, I checked it, my problem is similar to the User Amade (see page 4 of this topic, Amade report the same problem as me on his penultimate spoiler). thank's

I think I found the problem! but don't know how to solve it ..
I noticed that this is not exactly above the ruler as the other meshes, see how it is ...
erro1z.png
erro2.png
like I said, I only used the blender to modify the mesh, not changed the animation, I've had success with the mesh of a horse, do not understand what is wrong, but I think the ruler shows the cause of the problem (google translator)

I can suggest this general debugging strategy:

select your problematic armour AND any armor that works, i.e. a native one.
(multiple selections can be done in the "natural" way, i.e. holding shift or ctrl pressed when you click-select something)

Make sure you use view mode "combo", at the bottom right, so that OpenBRF will show them together in the same window -- that's the default anyway.

This way, you can easily see if the two armor more or less match same space/size/orientation, or if there is an obvious mismatch.

If this is the problem, you can scale-translate-rotate your mesh until it is right (select it, right click on it, select that tool). After that, copy rigging again from the mesh that works.

That should be updated actually.

That number should be split in two parts. "3" and "0000". 

The last part is the actual "flags". I guess all 0 means default values.

The other part is not flags, it is a specification of what "sub-format" the mesh will be saved in (warband only).

- If it is "3" it means "save tangent space directions per vertex". (a.k.a. bi-normal vectors).
Info: this tangent space directions are needed to make tangent-space bumpmapping work.
If I designed M&B, I would have made the game itself compute them on its own, after loading the mesh, rather than make it load them from disk -- it is quicker and there is only one rational way do to that, IMO; but anyway....

- A "2" would mean: "don't".

Thanks, that was very explanatory. All I know, is that if you import an obj as a static mesh, the flags field defaults to 0, which makes warband crash on start up. Would it hurt 1.011 compatibility to make the field default to 30000?

Well, it would, but that is what I will do, as soon as I find time: whenever a file is saved in warband format, the mesh flags will be saved as something compatible for warband.

Hey all. I start modding a couple days ago and i'm playing with all the tools avaible before create a module. This tool was the only i experience some trouble since i cant open any brf who have a mesh with it, just the brfs with animation files and textures seems to work properly (all from the comonres). The error message is quite simple (this program is having a problem and will be closed| roughly translating to english :razz:) and dont give any clue about whats wrong.

My first thoughts was that it had something to do with my 3d card, since it is a pre-historic Intell 82945G Express Chipset Family, but the game works fine for me(and Wings too). I tried Brfedit with MB 1 and it worked fine.

Ah, and I tried to import a .obj file from wings (a simple cube) into a new brf as a mesh and i got the problem again. My OP and specs are Windows XP Professional SP3 1.80Ghz 0,99 RAM. Any help apreciated

I can only imagine that you card is not fully compatible with OpenGL, and it chokes and dies when OpenBRF tries to do with something with OpenGL which it does only when it renders meshes. That's very rare, but it can be. All the other programs you mentioned use DirectX, not OpenGL, BTW.

Maybe you can try this: under select [settings] -> [Mesh rendering] -> [Always use default settings]. See if that helps. Else, I dunno. OpenBRF has been around for more than a year now and this never happened. :sad:

Yoshiboy said:
Wings3d certainly uses OpenGL, so perhaps that is not the case.

Boring things below, do not read, please  :smile:

It's a unix-like messed up framework, named Erlang, and Wings3d runs over it. Think as a compatibility layer. So basically it's a OS mix.

About the problem with your graphic card, well, the OpenGL 1.4 framebuffer (the hardware thing that draws 3d stuff) it's supported before 98', also it support advanced pipeline extensions (look here for the official paper)

Furthermore. this library it's more software based than DirectX. So probably you have luck and it can be solved by updating your soften part. Yep, through a simple driver update.

@> Ok, so go here http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/detect.htm (this thing works automatically) and install your latest native graphic controller. Tell us if works. It's the same solution given for Thorgrim's Map Editor headaches, that uses GLUT (a mini-OGL version)

Hope that works :wink:

Okay i will do that when i install the internet on that cpu.... it may take some time to post the results since i dont know when i will resolve this. Thanks for the support guys.

Yoshiboy said:
Wings3d certainly uses OpenGL, so perhaps that is not the case.
right! but, who knows, some command which my OpenBRF uses like, dunno, alpha test, or fragment shader, or separate specular color, or anything like, which is not supported by that card and makes it choke and die, whereas Wings 3D doesn't use it.

I made the update that Swyter told (driver version 6.14 to 14.32...not pre-historic anymore :lol:) but I still got the same problem. I just noticed that my Windows/System folder dont have any OpenGL libraries, so i guess Intel doesnt support this  :sad:. I give up then. I will try again when I buy a more decent 3D device.

Ah and just for curiosity, i downloaded OpenGL 1.0 and installed it on the systems folder. Now i can open that simple cube i made, but the meshes still have the problem.

Back
Top Bottom